All reviewsbonne nouvelledifferent metro linesnearest metroenjoyed our stayspoke good englishlate at nightstayed for nightsair conditioningbathtubearplugsneighborhood
Reviewed 28 July 2012

visited the hotel with 3 teenagers. Small bedroom and small bathroom. Staff was very friendly and helpfull. Good location.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Carla S
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Upon arrival we were told the whole floor we were booked on to had a water problem. Then we were walked across Paris dragging our cases in the heat to another hotel therefore we only got as far as reception of this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. My special thanks to the receptionist who provided me with all necessary information about sightseeing in Paris. A very intelligent person who is capable of carrying on conversations on the most diverse series of subjects:)
And the location is really great!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Svetlana B
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Not a bad place to say once you find it. Difficult to find. Rooms were decent, but a little cramped for us. We did look for a room that fit 4 and it did, but just barely. Looked like a room for 2 where they put in an additional double-bed.

We did get double-charged for the hotel and it took about 3 weeks to get the refund, but they did finally come through with the refund.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I booked this hotel for a weekend through the eurostar website as a combined rail and hotel deal because it received 3 stars and good customer reviews. Unfortunately, two of us were staying at the hotel, arriving from different cities, but the eurostar booking site does not allow you to change the number of rail travellers versus those staying at the hotel so two additional international . call from my mobile were required to clarify matters. (During the evening, the staff to no speak English so I was kindly asked to ring back in the morning.) Despite extending the courtesy of advising the hotel, there was still confusion upon check-in. After paying an additional 102 euros for two nights, we were allowed to check in.

In the room itself, the refrigertor/mini-bar was unplugged and did not work, there was no shower or curtain, which means the staff fully expected that the shower extension would cause the water to spill all over the floor. This, of course, explains why we were provided with approximately 8 bath towels for our weekend stay.

We were asked to move rooms after the first night because "work was being undertaken on our room." This is understandable as repairs are occasionally required at short notice; however, we were moved to a room that was smaller and immediately adjacent to an unacceptably noisy stairwell.

The worst part of this hotel, however, was not the four euro tax I was charged at check-out, which I was told was not included in the rate I thought I pre-paid with eurostar, or the absence of the minimar which meant you had to purchase water and all other means of soda and snacks from a vending machine in the lobby for extortionate rates, it was the bed bugs I regularly found and felt crawling on my arms and face throughout the night. I am not familiar enough with the varieties of critters to clearly define the types, but I can say with certainty that I recognise at least three types (i.e., little green ones with slightly long torsos, smaller, rounder brown ones, and the biggest were light brown long ones. All in all , an army of critters which fell from the ceiling, appeared on pillows, and which I otherwise just decided to ignore if I planned to get any sleep at all. After all, I was in Paris...

Room Tip: Rooms near the stairwell are incredibly noisy despite the double doors. Avoid at all costs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple