“Nice boutique hotel”

Ranked #378 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Papamoa, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
“Nice boutique hotel”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

A tidy and well appointed hotel walking distance from the Louvre and (more importantly) the Metro. Staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are quiet and nicely decorated, though a little small (but hey, it's Paris!). The breakfast runs till lunch in the weekend and 11am on weekdays.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
ClosMedicis, Manager at Hotel Le Clos Medicis, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed it and we look forward to welcoming you again !
Best wishes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 January 2014

it is a rather small boutique hotel very close to the jardin du luxembourg. there are different room categories so make sure you look closely when you book. the single rooms are rather small. that said, all the rooms are comfortable and bathrooms are new and clean. the street is rather quiet so not noisy in the rooms, especially the ones that are on the courtyard side.
the lobby with the fire place and bar although small is nice to lounge. breakfast is simple and not included in the rate. no parking nearby. metro (RER) is not far (5/7 min walk).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sebaillet
ClosMedicis, Gérant at Hotel Le Clos Medicis, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Sir,
We are very glad you enjoyed your holidays at Le Clos Medicis, and we thank you for reviewing it.
You'll be very welcome in the future.
Best wishes.
Chicago.IL
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I haven't stayed here in about five years. Recently found the staff as kind and pleasant as ever, but the facility seemed warn and in need of repair. There is a haphazard patch in the ceiling as you enter, as if there had been a leak. In my room, the walls were chipped at corners and in need of paint. The bathroom needed painting and regrouting. The black mildew is inexcusable. None of these things are horrendous, and the bed sheets are clean and crisp. But, I think that at the price, management needs to spend some money fixing things. The street seemed seedier than I remembered, but the location is unbeatable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Donaldsdottir
ClosMedicis, Gérant at Hotel Le Clos Medicis, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Madam,
Thank you for your review regarding your last stay with us. You are right, a leak appeared in the lobby and it took a few days for fixing it and making new paintings. Unfortunately that happens everywhere and it's of course unpleasant. We also thank you for pointing out some defects in your room and they have been fixed now. We do invest every year in rooms renovations and try to maintain the property, with our customers feed back as perfect as possible.
We do apologize for the inconvenience and we hope you'll enjoy our efforts for your next stay in Paris.
Best wishes for the coming year !
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This was my third stay at this hotel and I've decided it'll be my last which pains me because it's in a great spot and the brasserie on the corner does an excellent breakfast! My first two stays were in standard rooms (one renovated, one not), this time we booked a deluxe room each at E220 per room not including breakfast. I was so annoyed when I entered the drab, tatty and tired room (number 54): dirty wallpaper, peeling in places, dirty paintwork, scratches and other marks on the walls, dirty blinds. The bathroom was OK but needs a freshen-up. To market this "deluxe" is a disgrace.

Before I had even removed my coat, I went to speak to reception. The manager said the room was larger than a standard and had a queen bed, both of which I would have foregone for some "deluxe" elements. He spoke over me, flapped his arms a bit, told me the hotel was full and couldn't offer another room. Our other room (34) was similarly drab and worn. The location, a comfortable bed and its desk staff prevented me from giving a 'terrible" rating. I won't be returning.

Room Tip: Room 23 is a standard room but it's been renovated to a high standard.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank BrusselsExpat188644
ClosMedicis, Gérant at Hotel Le Clos Medicis, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Madam,
We thank you for reviewing your stay with us and we do regret you did not enjoy that stay as much as previous ones. In order to maintain the hotel updated and offer pleasant accommodations to visitors, we do renovate 20% of guests rooms every year. Your are right, the Classic room 23 is a 2 years old one, the Deluxe room you booked for that stay is not as new and in a different decoration style. We do apologize for not being able to offer you an alternative room as the hotel was fully booked. That Deluxe category is planned to be remodeled on 2014 and despite your desapointment we wish you offer us again, the opportunity in respoding your legitimate expectations.
Best regards
Brixham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I chose this hotel solely on location and price - but what a pleasant surprise. A very friendly place, obviously recently redecorated to a high standard and everywhere was spotlessly clean. My room on the sixth floor was charmingly idiosyncratic, en suite bathroom up a narrow spiral staircase from the bedroom, and such a pleasant change from the soulless, identical rooms of the big chain hotels. Also the room was very well equipped and warm. Excellent, good choice breakfast, especially good pot of tea, and in the evening a real log fire was burning in the hearth of the cosy little lounge/bar. All staff very attentive and professional. A real gem of a place, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room 65 is quite unusual in lay-out and very well equipped and would definitely be my choice for a f...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank WhistlingGypsy
Dear Guest,
The all team thanks you for your kind review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be very pleased in welcoming you again in the future !
Best regards
Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The location of this hotel is few minutes walk to all restaurants and bars in St German which I highly recommend for you to stay in. This is the area where you want your base to be. Trust me. The hotel is very clean and cosy. I actually think the size of the rooms where great considering its Paris. We had the basic room and we had enough room. Plus who wants to stay in their room in paris anyways? The staff are very helpful and the courtyard is very cute. We didnt have breakfast in hotel as there are many options close by. I will definetly stay there again! Also another note is that the rates from the hotel website are the cheapest compared to booking.com and other sites.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank stars1983
ClosMedicis, Gérant at Hotel Le Clos Medicis, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Guest,
We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for your kind comment. You are right, best offers and sales conditions are available on our official website ! We look forward to welcoming you once more !
Best regards.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is a perfect little spot for a romantic getaway. The rooms are a bit small, and there wasn't much room to put our suitcases; the closet was teeny-tiny. But it was cozy and nicely furnished. The queen sized bed was actually 2 beds put together, so there was a rift in the middle which could be uncomfortable. The pillows were ok. I loved our little view of the courtyard, and the charming window to look out from. It felt private and quiet. The location is perfect and close to everything, as they have indicated on their website. We walked everywhere with no problem. I love the St. Germaine area, which is very closeby. The staff are very friendly, and when I left my purse in the dining area at breakfast, I received a phone call in my room to tell me they put it aside for me at the reception. The breakfast served was perfect, but it took a long time to get coffee!! They did make it fresh for each person, so it is worth the wait.
There was a tiny water leak/drip from the ceiling in the bathroom when we arrived, so we put a towel under it. We were short a towel then, but it was late so we didn't request more towels at that time. We advised them of the situation, and it was fixed the next day.
This used to be a reasonably priced hotel, but that is not the case any longer. The price of US$320-340 per night is a bit steep for what you get. I would still recommend it though--it's Paris and I like small, quaint hotels with character better than big chain ones. Wifi worked great in the room too.

Room Tip: Be aware that the rooms are very small. I booked a Deluxe room (the one with the big blue & gold...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Suzanne E
ClosMedicis, Gérant at Hotel Le Clos Medicis, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Madam,
We thank you for your kind comment regarding your stay with us and we are very glad you enjoyed it. You are correct in advising rooms are not spacious, especially according to north american standards,that may be the only inconvenience of such a central location (the square meter price in the 6th arrondissement is the highest for the all Paris city). During high season rates are of course higher than low season but best deals are available on our official website all year long !
We will be pleased in welcoming you again.
Best regards.