See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We stayed 3 nights in a deluxe room facing the wall garden and the inner courtyard.
The room are spacious and beautifully simply and stylishly furnished.
High ceiling, cosy lounge and wonderful bed. Delicious in the room breakfast, very prompt and professional room service. So far everything is OK.
The problem is when the night comes and the bar and restaurant downstairs turn into a kind of club with super high music and when the people in charge during the day turns into a single bellman that don't understand why you complain at past midnight about the too loud music, like pretending your the first guest doing so, and almost hangs on the phone without saying sorry or whatever, just saying something like "don't worry the bar closes at 1:30, just be patient". And there is no manager in charge during night, only this one guy that has all powers. Every night we had to do the same fighting, every night he pretends not to notice.
Worst of all was the big taxi scam when we left at 5:00 AM in the morning. The bellman and the taxi drivers seems to be some kind of cons trying to get a few euros.
So if you are looking for a quiet place too sleep before 1:30 avoid the place.
I you need night services, avoid the place.
The standing of the hotel is way beyond standards regarding these services. A pity for such lovely rooms.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep before 1:30 chose a room on the street side.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennyitsme
Reviewed 21 June 2012

You could walk past the door of this hotel a million times without noticing it. That's what we love. Although the darkened lobby is a bit irratating the rooms are gorgeous - well designed without being silly, great mattress (which made for a great night's sleep inspite of being worried about the techo noise from the bar below). Loved the design, loved the location, floved the hanging garden, great hip bar, good service.....perfect for a romantic break if a little pricey - but hey, this is Paris and you'd pay almost double at the Georges V around the corner.......

Room Tip: Choose the inner courtyard for its silence and a higher floor to be away from the nightclu/bar
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mac1997
Reviewed 16 June 2012

A well deserved 5th star
For a long time I had not stayed at Pershing Hall. I went back recently and I was conquered again. The rooms are beautifully maintained, the staff is always friendly and the concierge offers impeccable service. The restaurant atmosphere with tables well spaced from each other allows dining almost privately so that one cannot be heard by neighbors, it is rare in Paris!
A place that I highly recommend
Osnat Bensoussan Farouz

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Osnat F
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Pershing Hall has it all wrong. It's a bad hotel. There is one plus however and that is the restaurant with their famous and beautiful landmark of the hanging garden. Great! Now that's a nice place, but that's the restaurant - not the hotel. For the hotel? Vomit... puke... brrr, don't do it. It's (the wrong) posh paradise... tasteless, no service, bad design, arrogant doorman, no no no

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Mister M
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I read the other reveiws, so I called to make sure we were on a high floor. I did not hear any noise, which was great... I was worried about that.
The room (a junior suite) was very nice, at first glance. The plumbing was a nightmare. The shower wouldn't drain, and the tub shower was so dangerously high and slippery to get in and out of, someone could literally get killed.( I don't think the staff would care.)The bed was absolutely awesome and comfy.
You get the feeling at this hotel that they don't want you there. No one was EVER behind the desk. We walked in after dinner one night, and the security guard almost didn't let us in...he was like, yes, what can I do for you? (uhh.... we are staying here.) The service is if anything, UNHELPFUL. I asked the woman to help me find a large store within the chain of stores throughout the city. She sent me to La Defense to a huge mall (not even in the city) and it was so hard to find, that my friend and I gave up. We lost about $50 in cab rides and wasted half a day. I was fuming.When I asked her other questions the day before, she talked to me as if I was a complete idiot, I actually lived in Paris for 6 months and come twice a year, and speak pretty decently, so she didn't have to explain to me that a Rue was a street.It was insulting. Seriously, don't stay here. I have been in $400 a night hotels that are soooooooo much better!!!! The location is obviously amazing, but I did miss being able to walk to get a reasonably priced meal, so it was good and bad. Would never stay here again. If you are looking for an amazing, red carpet experience, stay at the Georges V.

Room Tip: high floors!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends