Hotel Bassano
Hotel Le Six(Paris)
US$318
US$309
  • Room Service
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$171
Official Site
US$170
US$163
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$163
US$211
US$184
Travelocity
US$1,788
US$1,407
  • Pool
All reviewsgeorge vchamps elyseessuperior roomlouis vuittonsister hotelquiet streetmetro stationmacaroonseifel towershort walkexcellent hotelmajor attractionssmall hoteleuropelift
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I landed in Paris early the morning of Sunday May 5th 2013 for a 3 night stay and when I arrived at the Hotel Bassano shortly thereafter I was greeted to the wonderful surprise that my room was ready and available. This was great as I was travelling with my 74 year old mother who had a terrible cold and truly needed to lie down for a while. We had some breakfast and then headed off to our wonderful quarters.

As this was my mother's first time in Paris I had spent literally 2 months (if not more) searching for suitable accommodation and had finally, just a couple of weeks prior to departure, decided on this property. Excellent choice.

I booked the Suite which was in the attic and very large. There was a separate bedroom with a "family room" which had a sofa bed. The bathroom was in between the 2 so it was essentially a mini apartment. There was a lot of space and privacy for both and I thought this would work best for us but wasn't expecting such a good amount of space in an older part of Paris. I just loved the accommodation!

The elevator went only to the 5th floor and then we had to walk the final flight of stairs to the 6th. At first I thought it was a little strange but we both learned to love this feature quickly.

We loved the windows on the ceiling of the rooms and kept the coverings open all night long so that we could see day dawning while lying in bed.

I suppose if there were negatives 1 would be that the pull out sofa bed was a single bed and it was a little narrow but the mattress was very comfortable.

Not a true negative but the elevator was slow and hard to catch on the way down but we discovered that this was usually due to the fact that the cleaning staff were using it and that was not such a bad thing. We would walk down the 6 flights down however we would wait to take it upwards.

Another requirement I had was that breakfast be included with our accommodation as I did not want to have to scrounge about in the mornings with my mother. I was surprised at the amount of properties that did not include this in their room rates. It was in the 'basement' for lack of a better word and that was another unique feature to the property. Breakfast was also enjoyable.

I have to say that I was shocked as to just how convenient the location actually was. I thought it would be a good location but it was excellent. It was close to the Champs Elysee, to the Eifel Tower, to l'Etoile...the side streets were great....everything.

The staff were all more than helpful with lots of suggestions and information especially the front desk. They took care of booking all of our transfers and our excursions. The whole property was very clean - rooms especially - which is very important to me.

We were able to sneak a peak a couple of rooms on 1 of the lower floors 1 morning and those looked good as well. They were small as they were single rooms but they had french doors that opened to give a street view and they seemed quite lovely and modern.

In respect to pricing....I had found this property early on in my search and it was just too far out of my budget. As my travel date approached and despite having tentaively booked 3 other properties online, I decided to give this location another look. The prices had been reduced basically in half. At those levels I decided to jump at the opportunity and I feel that despite still being expensive that it was worth the cost.

I have been to Paris several times and I wanted to ensure that my mother had a great experience and I knew that a good hotel and location were key. I absolutely love grandious hotels with grandious lobbies et al however I also love this type of property. The lobby is quiet, serene, inviting, calm, clean...everyone was cheerful and smiling...all sorts of good things. I wondered why this would only be considered a 4 star hotel as the service/room was definitely 5 star but I guess there are features of 5 stars that this property physically cannot offer.

We were both sorry that our stay was so short but both agreed that the next time we would stay longer!

If the budget allows this is a great choice.

Room Tip: Unforunately I don't have much to offer. We were in a busy part of Paris and there was noise at night but it didn't bother and frankly for being so close to such busy routes it wasn't really that noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed here with our 3 year old and the hotel was great. Large bedroom and fantastic location. Great breakfast. They were very helpful and it was spotless. Its a 5 minute walk from all the attractions needed. Got us taxis to the airport and all spoke perfect english. A pleasure to stay and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Get a room with a large bed which sleeps 2 adults and a child
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank debrac_8
Reviewed 8 May 2013

what a lovely boutique hotel. the rooms were large and very modern. The location is perfect for nearby sites like the Arc de Triomphe and is located just off a side street from the Champs Elyseess. Staff were very friendly. Would defiantely stay here on our next visit

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Very friendly staff and all speak English. Nicely appointed rooms and well functioning bathrooms. The TV's are a bit small for the room - but you are usually not in Paris to sit in the room anyway. Noise from nearby bar was a bit unexpected but nothing terrible.

Very convenient location - walking distance to Arc de Triomphe and Champs d;Elysees. Highly recommend this hotel. They have a sister hotel in case this one is booked (Hotel Elysees Regencia).

Room Tip: If you get a room on the 6th floor, you must take the lift/elevator to the 5th floor and walk one flight of stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Very modern decor, rooms are not a bad size for Paris, nice bathrooms, comfortable bed and good service. The locations is great. Breakfast was nice too. It's on a quiet street so not much noise. Would definitely stay again, but preferably if someone else was paying... It wasn't cheap!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends