“Boutique hotel in Paris!”
Review of Hotel Bassano

Hotel Bassano
Ranked #981 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Boutique hotel in Paris!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We booked a double room, and the staff were kind enough to upgrade us. We loved everything in the room, especially the complimentary macarons! Spotless clean spacious room with nice colours. the location is perfect, just minutes from Champs Elysees and an underground station.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Bassano is a nice hotel if you are looking for the basic. Clean, nice bathroom products.

But the room is very small, the double. No closet spave. For a stay for more than 2 nights, pick the bigger rooms, not the double basic ones.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I agree will all the reviews in this rating. I would like to mention "Vita", a very kind, helpful and caring member of the staff. I am not sure how to spell her name but any hotel would love to have such an employee. Breakfast offers a lot of choices and is a good value. My only problem was my internet reception in the room. I had to go down, like other clients, to have a good connection.

I would go back and recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay near the Champs Elysees. Good price and good value.

Room Tip: I was given a better room without asking which was a nice surprise. The room was quiet and the air c...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I spoilt my husband for his 40th Birthday by taking him and the kids (1 and 5 ) to stay at the Bassano for a couple of days. We had booked the suite in the loft so we could have a separate room from the kids and we were not disappointed. I had ordered the romance package, including rose petals, which they scattered in a heart on the bed. It was lovely!
The hotel has been recently renovated and is decorated in cool, contemporary colours. The bed was extremely comfy, although they have rather odd square shaped pillows, which I couldn't get used to. Breakfast was lovely, with a good selection of interesting food. Even my fussy 5 year old went back for more pancakes. The desk could not have been more helpful, arranging a babysitter (in advance of us staying) so that we could have a night out on the town.
This place is not cheap, but it is clean, modern, stylish, well located, efficient, friendly and helpful. The staff speak wonderful English and nothing I too much trouble. I would love to return there one day!

Room Tip: The suite room in the loft is great if you want separate space from children, do take note that the...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen R
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I landed in Paris early the morning of Sunday May 5th 2013 for a 3 night stay and when I arrived at the Hotel Bassano shortly thereafter I was greeted to the wonderful surprise that my room was ready and available. This was great as I was travelling with my 74 year old mother who had a terrible cold and truly needed to lie down for a while. We had some breakfast and then headed off to our wonderful quarters.

As this was my mother's first time in Paris I had spent literally 2 months (if not more) searching for suitable accommodation and had finally, just a couple of weeks prior to departure, decided on this property. Excellent choice.

I booked the Suite which was in the attic and very large. There was a separate bedroom with a "family room" which had a sofa bed. The bathroom was in between the 2 so it was essentially a mini apartment. There was a lot of space and privacy for both and I thought this would work best for us but wasn't expecting such a good amount of space in an older part of Paris. I just loved the accommodation!

The elevator went only to the 5th floor and then we had to walk the final flight of stairs to the 6th. At first I thought it was a little strange but we both learned to love this feature quickly.

We loved the windows on the ceiling of the rooms and kept the coverings open all night long so that we could see day dawning while lying in bed.

I suppose if there were negatives 1 would be that the pull out sofa bed was a single bed and it was a little narrow but the mattress was very comfortable.

Not a true negative but the elevator was slow and hard to catch on the way down but we discovered that this was usually due to the fact that the cleaning staff were using it and that was not such a bad thing. We would walk down the 6 flights down however we would wait to take it upwards.

Another requirement I had was that breakfast be included with our accommodation as I did not want to have to scrounge about in the mornings with my mother. I was surprised at the amount of properties that did not include this in their room rates. It was in the 'basement' for lack of a better word and that was another unique feature to the property. Breakfast was also enjoyable.

I have to say that I was shocked as to just how convenient the location actually was. I thought it would be a good location but it was excellent. It was close to the Champs Elysee, to the Eifel Tower, to l'Etoile...the side streets were great....everything.

The staff were all more than helpful with lots of suggestions and information especially the front desk. They took care of booking all of our transfers and our excursions. The whole property was very clean - rooms especially - which is very important to me.

We were able to sneak a peak a couple of rooms on 1 of the lower floors 1 morning and those looked good as well. They were small as they were single rooms but they had french doors that opened to give a street view and they seemed quite lovely and modern.

In respect to pricing....I had found this property early on in my search and it was just too far out of my budget. As my travel date approached and despite having tentaively booked 3 other properties online, I decided to give this location another look. The prices had been reduced basically in half. At those levels I decided to jump at the opportunity and I feel that despite still being expensive that it was worth the cost.

I have been to Paris several times and I wanted to ensure that my mother had a great experience and I knew that a good hotel and location were key. I absolutely love grandious hotels with grandious lobbies et al however I also love this type of property. The lobby is quiet, serene, inviting, calm, clean...everyone was cheerful and smiling...all sorts of good things. I wondered why this would only be considered a 4 star hotel as the service/room was definitely 5 star but I guess there are features of 5 stars that this property physically cannot offer.

We were both sorry that our stay was so short but both agreed that the next time we would stay longer!

If the budget allows this is a great choice.

Room Tip: Unforunately I don't have much to offer. We were in a busy part of Paris and there was noise at...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
debrac_8
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed here with our 3 year old and the hotel was great. Large bedroom and fantastic location. Great breakfast. They were very helpful and it was spotless. Its a 5 minute walk from all the attractions needed. Got us taxis to the airport and all spoke perfect english. A pleasure to stay and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Get a room with a large bed which sleeps 2 adults and a child
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank debrac_8
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 May 2013

what a lovely boutique hotel. the rooms were large and very modern. The location is perfect for nearby sites like the Arc de Triomphe and is located just off a side street from the Champs Elyseess. Staff were very friendly. Would defiantely stay here on our next visit

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple