“They are always there for you!”
Review of Hotel Bassano

Hotel Bassano
Ranked #892 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Hong Kong
“They are always there for you!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed at Bassano for a week and was very impressed. I chose Bassano with expectations that I can barely walk across the room without closing my luggage. The bed is huge and room is very large by Paris standards with also a very chic and comfortable interior. The location is also extremely central (just behind George V and not far from Champs Elysees). I am however most impressed with the staff. They were quick to respond to my pre-trip emails and with the complicated dinner/lunch reservations at difficult-to-book restaurants I requested, they managed my bookings extremely well and even made some great recommendations. Whenever I picked up the phone for something (be it outside or in hotel) there was always a solution and a yes. Do not expect the 600 staff type hotel standard as the team is small, but I do find that every member at the Bassano team wants to help; it wasn't just one person who was nice but definitely a great team effort. I will definitely try to stay at this hotel every time I come to Paris.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Booked two rooms in this hotel with family. Was horribly.. the view in the window was garbage and sewage and there were no AC's (it was summer). We got first floor rooms and couldn't open windows because it's too dangerous. Didn't like it so changed to Intercontinental

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed here in 2013, and it was easily the nicest hotel that Ive ever had the pleasure of staying in. The location is perfect. Located walking distance from the Eiffel Tower, amazing cafes, shopping and many metro stations. The decor is very modern, crisp and clean and the hotel staff were always super friendly and always willing to help.

The room was very spacious, with a king size bed, nice sized desk and great view out of the antique windows. Amazing attention to detail and cleanliness. The breakfast room downstairs was full of wonderful fare and was dimly lit (which is perfect after a night on the town)

We ended up extending our stay and staying for 8 days...wish it would have been longer. I HIGHLY recommend this amazing hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My daughter and I just returned home after a wonderful stay in this perfectly located hotel in Paris. We were originally booked into another hotel, but due to maintenance problems, we were contacted while in Italy on our holiday and Hotel Bassano was offered . As our options to look into others was limited as we were already on our holiday, we went with the offer . So glad we did!

It was centrally located, virtually 3 minutes walk to then Arc De Triumph and Champs Elysees , 10 minutes to the Eiffel Tower, many wonderful restaurants within minutes walks, not on the Champs Elysees so a little cheaper but even better food in our opinion. If you stay there, and like Middle eastern food, try Noura, so good we went twice and also Chez Andre on Rue Marbouf.

The staff were wonderful, I don't speak French, so their perfect English was a blessing. All my questions were answered in full, leaving me knowing everything I needed for directions, catching Metro's etc. Everyone greeted you with a smile and a happy greeting and you felt it was genuine.

Now, for the rooms. Everyone talks about small rooms in Europe, so I was prepared for a tight squeeze between my daughters and my bags filling the room. Well, I was surprised. When we walked in, there was a little hall with shelves up high to store things( my shoes and our toiletries bags went there) plus a safe, bar fridge and hanger area for clothes and a large drawer down low to put clothes or whatever you wish. It had a separate toilet room, then came the large bathroom with a beautiful big bath and a separate shower.

The rooms were always cleaned early, so if you came back for a rest early in the afternoon you never had to worry about the room not being serviced, it was always done in the morning. They even had a turn down service in the evening which was so lovely, towels changed twice daily so you had clean towels for your morning showers. Everything was spotlessly cleaned, the beds so comfortable made me wish my bed at home was so inviting!

I did not consume goods in the mini bar as I bought my own refreshments from a little store conveniently located 30 seconds away literally, but they had a nice choice in the mine fridge if you wanted something.

So, do yourself a favour, this little boutique hotel is a true gem, worth what I paid, this was the third stop in my European vacation, and the best hotel we stayed in! When I come back to Paris, I won't even consider anywhere else, this was the perfect hotel in our opinion, do consider it .

The staff were just so friendly and wonderful. Nothing was a problem to ask and they made sure I understood everything. Their English was perfect which made it so easy for me.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 41, saw another room that was ok for two people, but our configuration was better...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Brigg, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Booked in here on a business trip, so not sure what rate was paid. The standard rates looked frightening, but I suspect a much lower rate was paid.

It's a small place, with few 'proper' facilities, for example, no real bar. The breakfast room downstairs is actually quite nice, and the service and food selection quite ok, but nothing startling. Par for the course though in such establishments.

I was allocated a double room on the top floor, and as others have noted, this means taking the small and slow lift up to the 5th floor, and walking up to the 6th. Not a problem and adds to the charm, but slightly odd for an expensive hotel.

The room was squashed into the roof space, so unusually laid out with little outside view. However it was well furnished and equipped, and had a quality vibe.

The hotel is well positioned close the city centre hot spots, but in a quiet back street.

I'd be happy to go stay there again, I'm sure you can do a lot worse.

Room Tip: If you need full lift access, don't get a room on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 December 2013

It was a very pleasant stay. The staff was very well trained and friendly.
Rooms are very clean and it was really nice decorated.

They give extra service and treat there guests very well.

Location was perfect. Very close to the Eifel Tower and i little walk to the Christmas market.
I will definitly go back when i will return to Paris for a trip.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 22 and i loved it.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Vosselaar, Belgium
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Well trained staff, service minded and nice people. It started already with an upgrade, what a fantastic spacious, clean and well decorated room. On walking distance to the famous sights in Paris, close to the Champs Elysees, X-mas market, etc. WIFI worked well in the room. Excellent breakfast buffet. Parking on walking distance from the hotel. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business