“Good spot in Paris”

Ranked #161 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Australia
“Good spot in Paris”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We chose this hotel knowing it was a bit further out but felt it was good value for money. It turned out to be a quieter area, cheaper for meals and very close to the metro for a reasonably quick trip into the sights. Very attentive staff, a charming room of a decent size, king size bed, openable doors to get some fresh air and test the outdoor temperature. There was no shower other than a hand held over the bath but it was such a beautiful bath and we found it the perfect way to relax at the end of a big day of sightseeing. The toilet is separate and has an openable window. We found it large enough. We would definitely choose to stay here again

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ZigZags

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed here for a weekend after a long week doing business in Paris. This hotel was a wonderful way to spend the last couple of days before heading home. The lobby was beautiful, the staff friendly and accommodating, the room was large and comfortable with a small balcony overlooking the main road. The only thing I did not like was the small toilet closet in the room. The bathroom. although very nice just had a tub and sink area and then the toilet was in a VERY small closet on the other side of the room. I am not a large person and I could barely fit in this tiny toilet closet. And I just thought that was an odd setup. It was fine since I was solo, but I think that would have been awkward with another person.

The location was a little further away from main tourist attractions if you are looking to stay somewhere centrally located, although it is a 2 minute walk to the buses and metro. I have been to Paris many times so it was nice to be in a quieter area of the city.

I can't forget to mention the breakfast spread in the morning, which was amazing. I had the most enjoyable start to my day before heading to CDG to begin the long journey home.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We loved every moment at this hotel. Even though there was no room available to us when we arrived early the morning our luggage was kept safely. Our Superior room was just excellent - huge for a European hotel. We felt like royalty in our room. The hotel is really a 2 minute walk to the Metro and we used the metro extensively - it's the only way to see Paris. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was pleasant enough. LOVED this hotel and the location. Highly Recommended. To get to the hotel from CDG: buy a Paris Visite card - you won't regret it and will use it often. Take RER B (regional line which you'll see if you follow the train signs). Get off at Gare du Nord. Walk to Magenta station on RER E. Take RER E in the direction of Haussmann Saint-Lazare and get off at this station. Walk to Line 3 and take the train towards Becon. Get off at Porte de Champerret. Walk up the stairs. When you get outside go left and cross a street to continue down Berthier Boulevard. Enjoy

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Freddie v
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The hotel is near Metro, 6 stations far from Opera, in a good and safe neighborhood. Our room was, i think, the smallest of the hotel but was still big enough to live. Our rates was really good. The internet connection is free.

Room Tip: The 7 th floor backyard rooms are smaller
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BBojo
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed in this lovely place for 2 nights during March 11-13. It was a business trip for me.
I got there by Taxi straight from the airport around 2PM. The check in process was quick (2minutes) and it was nice that they didn't ask to see my passport.
Looking at the lobby already gives you the understanding that it's a different place. A piano in the center.. Nice seating area with very nice lights.
Speaking of lights.. The room numbers are shown on the floor at the entrance to your room, with special light effects. Great add on!
I stayed on the second floor, in Room 24. There is an elevator in the hotel. Free WiFi in the room and in the rest of the hotel as well.
The room was kind of petit, but is very clean and well organized. LCD TV on the wall, Safe in the closet, fridge and a nice working table.
Nice surprise was a complimentary Avian bottle of water welcoming you in your room. It could have been nice if was given daily however.
My room hade the bathroom separated from the toilet. It is nice, but kind of weird as it was on both sides of the room, when the toilet was next to the window, across the bed..
Breakfast: Wow, it was great! Many options to choose from, including hot dishes, such as scrambled eggs and sausages. Fresh juice, pastry, fruit salad, yogurt, cut your cheese plate and much more.
Location: Metro (Line # 3) is 3 minutes from the hotel. Turn right from hotel exit and just walk 3 minutes straight to the metro station (Porte de Champerret).
The hotel is located 15 minutes walk to the Etoile (Arc De Triomphe) and Avenue Due Champs Elysees.
My meetings were at Levallois Perret business area, and I managed to walk from the hotel (15 minutes) and explore nice areas of Paris that I didn't see before.
Many nice places to eat all around the hotel, and on the way to the Etoile.
Will recommend to others and hopefully will have the chance to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gosisd
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed at the Hotel De Banville for three nights, one of which was my 30th birthday. The trip was a gift from my girlfriend. What a lovely surprise it was too. On the morning of my birthday, in our room, I proposed to my girlfriend and got a yes! So, as you may expect I have nothing but good memories about the hotel and my time in Paris. Our room was a superior room and was beautifully decorated. It was fairly small but big enough for what we needed. The only downside was the sound of the lift squeaking but that didn't bother us. We didn't eat at the hotel as there are many lovely eateries dotted about near by. Although it is fairly expensive it is, in my opinion, worth it. I plan to book the same room for my fiancé an I on her 30th birthday next year :)

• Stayed March 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed in 'Maries Apartment', the hotels top floor suite and it was everything I had hoped for. It was spacious, clean, extremely well designed and the views of the city were stunning.

The breakfast was wonderful and the staff were both friendly and incredibly accommodating. As I wanted to surprise my girlfriend with a proposal on the balcony, they conspired with me to have everything just right.

If you're looking for a very cool, boutiquey, friendly hotel in Paris - look no further.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Manager_Banville, Responsable réception at Hotel de Banville, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
All the team's Hotel de Banville thank you for your kind comment.

We strive to best meet the expectations of our customer so we are very happy that your surprise was succesfull.

We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you a next time.

Best regards