“Truly amazing!”
Review of Hotel de Banville

Hotel de Banville
Ranked #245 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights back in November. We arrived at 2am which was no problem our room was ready and waiting for us. The night guard is possibly the nicest man I've ever met working in a hotel. Nothing was to much trouble for him. He wasn't meant to leave the reception area at night but while we where parking the car we came back to find our bags in our room and the windows open which was a lovely touch. The day staff where brilliant to, we went exploring Paris and they where Able to give us a map and full directions including what metro station to get of at and where to change. The breakfast at the hotel was also lovely.
Huge beds, super comfy and a nice powerful shower as well as a mini bar that we didn't feel was to badly priced.

The hotel is very close to the metro station about a 3 min walk.
Very safe underground parking cost us 20euro for 24 hours which isn't bad considering its Central Paris, one thing that did confuse us is the man at the car park doesn't speak English, and you have to leave ur keys with them as it's a very busy car pack and they have to move cars to fit everyone in.

For our first visit in Paris was a truly Magical stay and we believe most of this is thanks to the lovely hotel.
Really great would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mayday11211
Manager_Banville, Directeur général at Hotel de Banville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Madam,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion about our hotel.

We are very pleased to read such a nice review about our hotel and that your first stay in Paris with us was magical.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon,

Best regards,

General manager / Emmanuelle Legall

Reviewed 19 December 2013

The hotel is located on 5 minutes from a metro station that brings you to the centre of Paris within 10 minutes. The rooms are big (for french standards), clean and the area is quiet. The breakfast is limited but gives you everything you need to start the day. Staff is friendly and helpful. Simply a very good hotel for a citytrip!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This was our second visit and it didn't disappoint. The rooms are comfortable, clean and pleasantly furnished and the buffet breakfast is good. It's 100 yards from a bus terminus and a metro station, and close to lots of restaurants. We used the bus a lot this time as you see so much more of Paris - excellent bus map available at the terminus.

Room Tip: Rooms at front have nice outlook but those at back are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I booked this hotel from myself and my Boss in a rush for what turned out to be the wrong week. I couldn't see how to correct it in Expedia so rang the front desk. Romain and Augustin were very helpful and changed the booking over the phone and then sent me a confirmation by email. When I checked in the staff were great and I thought the Hotel was very central and great value.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed here start sept this year, selected due to gd reviews. I emailed hotel to see if they could give me a nice quiet room as I am pregnant and they sent me a lovely email back to say they already had! Shuttle stop from beauvais airport is only 1.5km from hotel so don't be caught out by taxis sitting which charged us 25 euro as he thought hotel was somewhere else and went the wrong way so make sure you know exactly where you are going as trip should be approx 10 euro. Hotel tiny and in quiet district but very modern inside. Said there was live music at night but I didn't see any and for all the size of the foyer combined bar, combined dining area you wouldn't want to spend your evening in the hotel. Room was small but from what I hear all rooms in Paris are small. The walls are paper thin and you could hear conversations next door. Bathroom was basically a clear glass window separating the bedroom with a curtain for a door. I am with my husband 8yrs but something's could be a bit more private ;-) room had enough space for our suitcase, bags and had a tiny balcony but due to quiet district not much to see. If you take a right outside the hotel a bus takes you straight to arc de triomphe at top of champs élysées. A walk would take approx 15 mins not bad when in Paris as you can't be located near to every attraction. Reception recommended open top bus tour (think it was the green bus) which was fantastic as you could switch routes and it covered approx 40-50 stops and let you see all attractions. I absolutely loved Paris and was happy with hotel. Very friendly staff, clean, modern and location fine.

Room Tip: Email hotel to ask for newly decorated room!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Weemaz23
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We had a lot to choose from in Paris, but The Hotel De Banville fitted perfectly for our base as a honeymoon hotel. Set in the 17th Arr, it is far enough away from the hustle and bustle but close enough too....it's a strange combination! The neighbourhood is pleasant, with a great selection of bars and restaurants, covering all cuisines.....Pizza, steakhouse, French, Italian, it has it all. To get around is simple, as there are TWO train stations within 5 minutes walk from the hotel, so easy to get around Paris on the Metro....and it's cheap too!!
The hotel - well, we booked five nights here and loved every bit of it!! The place has a classy air about it, from the moment you are greeted by the lovely lady on reception duties, you are made
to feel welcome here...the suitcases were taken to the room by the equally lovely porter and check-in was nice and simple.
The room we were given was on the second floor, and it was the blue one featured in the photographs on this and other sites....#21....right by the lift!! Noisy at times during the evening or early morning, but no more noisy than you would expect from an inner city hotel [ try mid-town Manhattan!!! ] The fittings and fixtures were very well finished and extremely clean, and the very large king-sized bed was a pure delight after a long day.....I had pre-ordered a bottle of champagne to be delivered to the room, which, sadly, wasn't there, but I had requested it from 10PM and it was only 8 when we arrived, so no problem at all...and anyway, it was delivered within 10 minutes of me asking....After a great nights sleep, we went down for breakfast and again, were met by lovely, welcoming staff, who were keen to ensure that we had everything we needed.....and the coffee was fresh and to die for!!! Breakfast is a typical French affaire....cold meats, cheeses, rolls of fresh bread, croissants, juices and fresh fruit, as well as a hot plate where you could get bacon and eggs.....the cooks asked if we wanted some fresh eggs and bacon, but it was fine!! The lobby of the hotel serves as many things....breakfast bar, lunch and dinner, drinks bar and all centres around a large grand piano, which is obviously masked by a large white sheet during food serving times....the lady owner, Marianne Day and her musician friends play live jazz on a Thursday evening from 8 til late...well worth a listen!! We dropped by after a long day touring the sights and unwound with drinks whilst listening to some really good music.....This has to be my favourite hotel in the city, and its location is perfect for sightseeing...its a short walk to l'arc de triomphe, where you can catch an open-top bus to get around the city....great, as it stops at certain key points and picks up, not just a round trip, so you can get on/off where you like and they are every ten minutes too...would I recommend this place?? Of course!!! It is pricey, like the rest of Paris, but for that extra cost, you get a real 4 star hotel.....I travel extensively as a working musician, and the Banville is a quality place! Do yourselves a favour....

Room Tip: It all depends upon how fussy you are really....NONE of the rooms here are small, none are dirty, al...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights on our honeymoon it was my wife's first trip to parts and we loved the hotel it was so easy to reach the center of paris from the hotel and the area around the hotel provided enough bars cafes and restaurant if you didnt feel like venturing further afield the hotel itself was perfect the room was amazing and the staff really helpfull we will definitely visit again

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple