“Nice and small”

Ranked #1,202 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Nice and small”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

A nice and small hotel in an ok location. Not that far off the 4th quarter - about 15 minutes walk or 10 minutes walk from hotel de ville. Rooms are quite small however bathroom was clean and functional. Very small tv, no ipod player etc. Air Condition was ok and not that noisy so we were able to sleep during the humid August night. Stayed two days and share a small room with my son - it was ok - nothing fancy to write about however good value at 120 euro. The location is off the main road so the street noise is low. Didn't bother to stay in the hotel for breakfast - so many choices nearby. There is a tiny elevator but it sure helps with luggage. I would return.

Room Tip: Higher floor are better - less street level noise
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Familyfun84

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 4 January 2013

This hotel has a great location, near restaurants, the metro, 20 minutes walk from Notre-Dame and close to good stores.
I though the hotel itself would be better because I read reviews and saw pictures, and when I got to my hotel room the bathroom was not clean at all, we had to change rooms. That was not a pleasant arrival, specially because in the second room I found some hairs in the shower...
The breakfast was fairly good, and the staff were really nice.
The bed sheets had some sort of plastic material, so it was hot as hell to sleep in to. The beds were small (I stayed in a twin room) but tidy and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2012

The Hotel is very easy to find as you exit the Metro at Republique and not far to push, pull or carry your bags. The rooms are small but very clean and there is a lift up to the 6th floor. My single room was on the 7th floor but easy to walk that last flight. However, I think the single room with no air conditioner and no opening window would make it stifling hot in summer. Staff were very helpful and the wifi was good, although you had to pay a small amount. Breakfast was OK for the price, but I think local cafes might have better 'atmosphere'.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Union, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The Hotel Meslay is a charming place nestled partially down a narrow street which has very little traffic...unusual for most Paris streets. I found the staff friendly and helpful.
The room was clean and the bed sheets were changed every day. The towels were fluffy and the hot water was plentiful and consistant even during the morning rush. Most importantly to me, is that the rooms are quiet and free from street noises and even the hallways apparently absorb sound. The hotel was full and until one saw the breakfast crowd, I felt that I was alone in the building. Breakfast was buffet and French, i.e. tartines and croissants and the coffee good.The location is ideal. There are very goog restaurants nearby; fast food places, bars and cafes. The hotel is near the metro, the train station, several bus lines and a taxi stand. A block away from the direction of the Place Republique, one can find some small grocery stores, and a variety of diverse restaurants and a laundrymat. I travel to Paris at least once a year and I would surly recommend the Hotel Meslay as a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out on the courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wsafranek
Reviewed 2 November 2012 via mobile

This hotel is ideally placed right on top of Republique Metro which services areas all over Paris. The price is great considering the location and the room had an authentic and cosy feel. Breakfast is basic but respectable and out of all the staff only one exuded the famed French rudeness. I would recommend it to friends for short breaks in Paris but perhaps not for 7days+.

1 Thank Andyh021
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This Hotel was suggested to me by a friend who spends a lot of time in Paris.

It's not huge, glamorous nor is it Le Georges Cinq, however, it was actually quite charming.

The receptionist was the typically, stereotypical arrogant Parisienne and actually sniffed at us when we tried to be polite and greet her in French rather than broad black country but hey, we tried.

Breakfast room was tiny and well below stairs and very very cramped, we shared a few jokes with a charming American family about the space and choice or i both cases the lack thereof, but, what there was on offer was good quality and fresh.

We stayed 2 nights, it was a romantic break and I will say it's ideally placed for the Metro, the Place de Replubique station being a few minutes walk.

We had a lovely stay in Paris and if I'm honest I would stay again at Meslay purely because it was so convenient.

The room was small but then in Paris this is a common feature unless you pay fortunes BUT it was clean, and made every day. The one disappointment was that there was no bath, which we had requested and been told we could have, and the shower cubicle was extremely small, but, as I say, it was still a lovely little hotel - the view from our window wasn't a romantic view of Paris but hey, we saw most of those as we explored !!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank John N
London
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times and whatever you might read on some reviews, believe me its fine.I sometimes think that people want five star luxury, even though they are paying three star rates.The hotel is clean and well situated for all the sights of Paris.Its a matter of yards from the Metro and is on five different lines.The breakfast is perfectly adequate with the best coffee i've ever tasted.Dont think twice if you're looking for a good value hotel in the heart of Paris.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple