“Great value and location!”

Grand Hotel des Gobelins
Ranked #732 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel for one night with my daughters on a flying visit to Paris. For the price that I paid, I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the hotel! We had a triple room on the 5th floor and whilst it wasn't luxurious, it was perfectly clean and functional with a separate WC and bathroom. The water pressure on the shower was great too. The room was quiet at nght and we had a great sleep. The continental breakfast was fine, the lady clearing tables and organising the buffet was very friendly, as were all the reception staff that we met. The only negative points were the TV, the picture quality was fuzzy and the lack of wifi in our room. As we were only staying one night and weren't too bothered about watching tv or accessing the Internet, it wasn't an issue. Perhaps if we were staying for longer then it would have been more of a problem.

As earlier reviews have said, the location is great. The hotel is very close to the metro and the walk to the Notre Dame took about 20 minutes and was very pleasant. There is also a taxi rank veryclose to the hotel.

All in all, I would definitely stay again and would recommend as a great hotel to stay in that won't bust your budget!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LizzieS606

Reviewed 17 February 2014

It's not the Ritz, but the staff was very nice and extremely helpful. Grocery store just a block away and the Pastesserie across the street had the best strawberry crème pastries I've ever had in my life! Just blocks away from the Rue Moufftard where there are lots of shops and restaurants! lovely walk right up to Notre Dame. Only down side was the trek from the subway...It was pouring rain when we arrived and well we had way too much luggage to hike from the train. There was one extremely tiny room that my parents stayed in and well they sacrificed the large room for me and my brother, to keep the piece. Overall loved the location and staff. Definitely not your standard hotel, because the room are all different but looks like they've updated since my visit in 2008; Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank rymaria
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We agree with previous review.
Perfect location in an area with restaurants and bars in the immediate area.A good metro line, a supermarket next door as a little bar..perfect!
Reception helpful and attentive.
Breakfast adequate but a small room so a little crowded if busy.Lots of choice and good quality.

We had a room on the second floor with double windows which we loved but no blind in the bathroom but felt it could've required a little more privacy than the frosted glass.
Slept really well no disturbance from the road outside.
A really lovely little place but in need of some tlc on some of the furnishings but again we didn't pay 5 star money.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LurcherLover40
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Pro's-
In a nice area, close to Metro and within walking distance of some attractions.
Clean and well kept.
Continental Breakfast.
Helpful and polite reception staff.
Relaxed atmosphere.
WiFi.

Cons-
Some of the furnishings and fittings in the room are a bit worn and of low quality.

We had a nice stay here. As with any hotel you get what you pay for and you can't please everyone, however we found it perfectly sufficient. The hotel seemed quiet when we went, and was well warmed by the central heating. Each room seemed a little different in style and space. We stayed on the top floor at the frount and loved seeing the Eiffel Tower in the distance!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stuartpeter82
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My friend and I went on a 2 weeks trip around Europe and started with this hotel. It was amazing, the location, staff and rooms were beautiful. The bathroom and bath tub is enormous and the location of the hotel is perfect if you’re looking to explore Paris as you are minutes away from the subway. The food was great, lots of little cafés around, not too many restaurants though. I wish there was a more secure place to keep our luggage while we wait for our room to be ready but the concierge is always close by.

All in all for the price, it is amazing!! Would go again!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Josee M
Reviewed 15 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed here before Christmas. Location of hotel was OK- fairly close to Quartier Latin. my room was on the top floor, was perhaps the smallest room I've ever stayed in and,even in December, was so stiflingly hot that I had to keep the window open when I was in the room. That meant there was constant loud noise from traffic all night.

Perhaps if I'd had a better room, this would have been a better review because apart from the room, the hotel was fine- friendly staff, good rates and included breakfast was an added bonus,

Room Tip: Choose a room well away from the main road unless you're a very heavy sleeper