“Rubbish”

Ranked #1,723 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Rubbish”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This is hands down the WORST hotel I have ever been to. It was my first time in Paris as part of a group trip and the stay here disrupted my pleasure in Paris. The first room they gave us stank of bleach and paint. When we got into the room (which was a bit of a struggle because the space between the door and the wall was so small) the bathtub was dirty as well as the bed sheets. My friends and I wanted to get out that room immediately and see Paris, aided by the fact that there was a cockroach in the bathroom. When we came back from a night-out we found 3 cockroaches and had to request another room which the manager refused to do as "there was no space in the hotel" and "the situation was not severe enough". When we told him to pay for a room at another hotel he magically found another room which was still rubbish but I guess it was better than my friends room who found a wall of cockroaches near the bathroom.. I gave this hotel 1 because I had to rate it not because it is deserving of it. I advise that you find another hotel in this location because its not to bad and close to the metro station and the sacre-coeur. Pay a bit extra and go somewhere better!

Room Tip: Do not choose any
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ann B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I stayed with a friend in this hotel for 6 nights on our first trip to Paris. First impressions aren't wonderful, the hotel itself is very easy to find and conveniently situated within 5 minutes of a metro station, however as it is positioned up a side street (which was typically full of strange looking characters), we were initially wondering how this hotel could possibly belong in he "city of love."
However, the inside is much nicer, staff were polite and happy to speak English and the room was very clean although basic; it comprised of 2 chairs, one bed (although we had requested a twin room, but did not complain as we were happy to share), a desk, wardrobe and bathroom.
Rooms were cleaned every day and new bedsheets and towels put down. My only complaint about the room was that the shower had no hot water. After a few days this became an issue as it really was too cold to spend more than a few minutes under the water.
Breakfast was also basic, a croissant and roll with butter and jam and a hot drink. They did not provide juice which I thought would come as a given but it was not a problem for us to go t one of the local shops to buy some. Breakfast staff were mostly impolite and unhelpful although we spoke French they got our drinks orders wrong a few times.
Overall, the stay was disappointing due to the unfriendliness of staff and faults with the room, however we did not pay much for the room considering the location and therefore believe that we got what we paid for. I would recommend for a few but certainly not for a whole week as we stayed. Also I would not choose this hotel if you are looking for a perfect romantic break, or if you have particularly high expectations (we're both students so are used to unsavoury accommodation!)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Muppet333
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We fell in love with this hotel. Friendly service, nice room. A comfort place , nearby Sacre coeur, and good cafes and restaurants. A nice surprise!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank lavie188590
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Hotel Montmartrois is located off a street on the hill up to the Sacré-Coeur, and is just a few minutes walk from the metro stations Château Rouge (line 4) and Barbès-Rochechouart (lines 2 and 4), making it very easy to get to anywhere in Paris quickly.

We arrived to find a much larger group who were very noisy at night, making sleep hard to get. However, the beds were made every day and clean towels provided, even if the room and bathroom were both very small. Some televisions in the hotel didn't work, but the manager was aware of the problem and apologised. There were no bed bugs in my bed - something I had read from previous reviews. The twin room had two beds pushed together, but had just enough room to put a small gap between them.

In the mornings, breakfast consisted of a croissant, a bread roll and a choice of tea, coffee or hot chocolate, usually provided in a timely manner.

Whilst the location was brilliant, if you can't get to sleep you'll be tired the next day. I'd certainly take something to filter out the noise if going again!

Wouldn't recommend to friends, but for school groups it's good, and that seemed to be the description of most guests.

• Stayed February 2011
6 Thank DCInternationalUK
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I was at Hotel Montmartrois as part of a European Study Tour and before going, the reviews on here scared me to hell about the hotel!

There are obviously very sensitive people on here. It is a two star hotel that needs modernised and renovated but apart from the decor and soundproof less walls it was a generally good hotel.

The staff were friendly and helpful and when I got in after a very full day, it was conforting to have a lovley clean room with clean sheets and towels every nights.

It may not be the best in the world but it was a comfy bed, clean sheets and towels and a warm shower which, when you're visting Paris, is all you really need!

I would recommend to those on a budget.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank KyleT16
Carluke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2010

i've just returned from Paris and this hotelon Mon Oct 18th. we weren't EVEN BOOKED INTO THIS HOTEL - we were actually booked into the Riviera Hotel, 6 Rue Turgot but, were moved to this hovel WITH NO EXPLANATION! the staff - except one who was lovely as he took us to CDG when the fuel strike happened! - were not very friendly. i had booked a weekend in Paris as a gift for my 90yr old Grandmother's birthday; i didnt expect her to be stuck up 3 hills!!! our room was on the 2nd floor [room 49] and was disgusting!! the rooms were small, not soundproof; we could hear everything from the other rooms to roudy teenagers shouting, fighting and causing general mayhem on the stairwell. NEVER GO HERE! i don't want this happening to someone else - esp when they have paid over £500 - nearly £600 in fact, for a weekend in Paris. the room was utterly filfthy, the carpet was mouldy and the bathroom was ugh!!! i took a Dettol handsanitiser with me and i ended up using it on the main door handle, the bathroom door handles, the toilet handle and the sink taps. my Gran and i were so disgusted, we slept ON TOP OF THE BEDS WITH OUR CLOTHES ON! the bathroom light was disgusting and filfthy! the bathroom had exposed pipes and the window had a crack in it! the walls were dirty and the plaster was peeling off them. even the electric sockets were horrendous!!!!

• Stayed October 2010
4 Thank DRUK09

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Went there with a group of 14 people (other halves, cousins, kids, etc) Very very bad area. I would not go there again and would have moved if we were not within a group. The room we stayed in had no fan, no a/c no air at all!!! Was absolutely boiling! Facilites were very old although clean. Mattress was terrible. Don't go there. Only good thing is that there is a metro station within 5 minutes walk.

• Stayed July 2010