“Travelling in a pack? Cheap stay”
Review of Hotel Montmartrois

Hotel Montmartrois
Ranked #1,726 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Aarhus, Denmark
“Travelling in a pack? Cheap stay”
Reviewed 10 January 2010

Fine rooms and very nice staff, but very small rooms, which were not completely clean. Our toiletdoor couldn't be locked and the window in the toilet was broken, problematic when 5 girls stay in the same room ;)
Walls are not soundproof at all.
But if you have come to Paris to actually see Paris, then this is a fine place to stay :)
close to sacre coeur :)

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank lonestar1988

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Piekary Śląskie
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Maybe it's a bit charming and climatic, but it's soooooo small.
When you put your bag on the floor, you can't move inside the room.
Service, at least waiters, are horrible. When I was there, they were late for the breakfast about 20 minutes, we were really hurry and they just weren't there to give us a tea or a coffe.

Anyway, it can be good hotel if you are looking just for a place to sleep for few days.
Only location is great. It's relly close to the Sacre-Coeur and Place du Tertre.
Near the hotel is a lot of small restaurant ( I can reccomend restaurant "Chez Gigi" :P ) and shops, so it's not as bad as it seems.

• Stayed July 2009

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Stafford
Reviewed 11 June 2009

I chose this hotel because of it's location and parking facilities, but when i arrived i was told that it would be 16 euros per night to park in their garage which was not stated when i booked, anyway i parked in the street opposite the entrance to the garage. The hotel receptionist said i'd get a ticket, but as i pointed out to him there were no parking restriction signs in the street and as it was off the beaten track and i was English i'd take the risk. I did and it was fine. The room was spacious, but very basic and the electricity and painting standards left a lot to be desired but as we were literally only going to be washing and sleeping in the room we didn't much care. We had clean towels and bedding and plenty of hot water so we were fine. The 1st night wasn't noisy but the 2nd night was very noisy and i found a large group of Dutch students in reception the following morning which i take accounted for the noise. It wasn't unbearable but none the less i wouldn't choose to stay here for a relaxing Parisien weekend. I have been to paris many times and imust admit this was the worst standard hotel i've stayed in but with the best location. Staggering distance from the amazing Montmarte area after a lovely meal and many glasses of the red stuff. Should completely make it over and aim at an upper class clientele.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank JesAll
England
Reviewed 11 April 2009

Dont be put off by other reviews. Nearly cancelled our reservation, but so glad we didnt, go with an open mind and you will not be disappointed. No its not the Ritz, yes it is a bit shabby looking and could do with a makeover, but if you want a hotel to use as a base and near to the beautiful Sacre Coeur, with clean bedding, clean towels and lashings of hot water, pleasant staff and typical continental breakfast,this hotel is OK. If you are going to Paris to sight see, and not to spend alot of time around hotel, it represents good value for money. You can put your spending money to better use, personally we found Paris expensive, but still had a lovely time.The hotel is at the back of the Sacre Coeur, we found the area OK and not dodgy at all. Easily accessible by metro or on foot. If anyone has any questions,more than happy to answer.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank lou2765
Aalst
Reviewed 13 February 2009

We live in Belgium, and we went to this hotel for my wife 40 st birthday.

We booked 2 day's and got a 3 th for free.

The hotel on itself is ok, small rooms, and lavatory could be in better shape.

The people working there are friendly eccept the manager.

The worse thing of this hotel is that you can not sleep in it, we've got terrible noise of schoolstudents during the 3 night we've stayed.

We slept 3 nights only between 04.00 and 08.00 h.

That means 12 hours maximum on 3 nights.

Students are running arround, screaming and smashing doors till 04.00.

We've visited Paris for 3 days and walked from 10.00 to 22.00 arround this beautiful city.

Beeing tired in the evening, it was a HELL not to be able to sleep.

My wife is still recovering from cancer and rest is very important for her, so I got up 2 to 3 times each night to screem that it had to be finised, even the nightkeeper came to help, as also some teachers, NOTHING HELPED.

When we spoke the manager about this problem, he was very agressive and unfriendly.

The location of this hotel is OK, breakfast could be better.

We will visit Paris again, but we'll never come back to this hotel.

Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tristan1969
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2009

At first after reading all the reviews I was extremely apprehensive, as you can imagine, but was completely shocked with the hotel when I arrived. The supposedly steep cobbled street leading to the hotel was only about 30m, so would only be a difficulty if you had an extremely terrible fitness level!

There was no sign of dog excrement or immigrants and I would say that the entrance to the hotel was pleasant. I stayed in a room for 4 and there was plenty of space. The room was clean, as was the bathroom, which contained a lovely shower and new toilet. As for the subject of bed bugs, which had terrifed me and my friends for weeks, there was no sign of them whatsoever, so the bugspray we had taken along remained in our suitcases. Moreover, the breakfast did only consist of one bread roll and one croissant, however both were very nice and you were provided with a selection of butter and conserves, as well as the choice of tea, coffee or hot chocolate. The staff were extremely friendly and our rooms were made everyday.

I'm not saying that this hotel is a luxury, but it is just what you need for a pleasant stay in the beautiful city. Situated around 5 mins walk from the nearest metro stop (Chateaux Rouge) and a few minutes walk from the beautiful Sacre Coeur (which we could see from our window) this is the ideal place to stay and I would definitely visit again.

Please do not be put off by the bad reviews, as they do not match up to the experience that I have just had, having returned today. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as me and my friends did!!!

• Liked — The breakfast, room and location
  • Disliked — 2 euros for small bottle of water out of the vending machine (didn't upset me too much though)
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
LIthuania
Reviewed 19 September 2008

I just got back from Paris, where I had a possibility to stay in this hotel. The first thing that impressed me was the entrance to this hotel, which is located in the dark corner and which is impossible to notice from the street. And later because of that dark corner I had a chance to feel, what is like to come back to the hotel late in the evening. Near that hotel quite often are walking and gathering strange people, mostly the immigrants from Africa and other countries and they doesn’t look very friendly. And few times I had to wait while those people will go away from the entrance, because I was really scared. During all my staying in that hotel, the street near hotel was full of trash and dog’s excrements, pile of clothes and even with a syringe between them. I think that a hotel staff should clean the street near the hotel, but maybe I’m wrong :))
The room wasn’t perfect. Somebody may say that how much you pay, the type of accommodation you get. But I think that 2 stars hotel, Montmartrois should make a push, because I had a chance to live in other 2 stars hotel, so between and Momtmartrois are huge differences. All I need in the room when I travel is the bed and bath and the most important ting for me is cleanness. My room in Montmartrois had a strange smell, which disappeared only after leaving the window opened through the night. But I wasn’t able to make that smell vanish from the wardrobe, so I didn’t risk leaving my clothes and other things in it. The carpet in the room didn’t seem very clean too. The bath was quite ok, but the window in the bath didn’t worked normally and it was impossible to close it and it’s not very pleasant when after taking a bath you feel the wind the bathroom.
I had TV in this room. It was samsung LCD Flat Panel TV. But that's it. Because there was no remote control in the room. So i had to change chanels standing on the corner of my bed :) Because i wasn't going to pay money for the remote control (because, man, that was working in the hotel's reception, explaned that people that want to use remote control has to pay). But i came to Paris not to watch TV so it wasn't a big problem for me.
The staff was cleaning room everyday, but the only tinng that I’ve noticed that they done in my room were making of the bed and putting my cosmetics according to the height of the tare.
The good thing of this hotel is that hotel is not far from Sacre Cour, so you can walk to it. The next goof ting is that metro station is not far from this hotel. But if you have a possibility to choose to live in this hotel or not, don’t choose Montmartrois, because there are better hotels at least with the entrance that is not in the dark corner and that is easy to notice from the street.

• Liked — That hotel was not far from Sacre Cour
  • Disliked — Dark entrance to the hote;
  • Stayed August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)