“A very very very comfortable bed....ahhhhhhh....”

Best Western Opera Batignolles
Ranked #919 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 9 December 2012

The highlight of this hotel was the amazingly wonderful bed! The mattress had good support yet it was as soft as sleeping on a cloud! The duvet was of superior quality and I slept like a baby! The room was small but well appointed. The shower was great and the tv was a large flat screen. The wifi worked very well in my room. The breakfast buffet was fantastic! I would definitely recommend this hotel as it is very comfortable! It is a short walk to the metro station.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank bikerbabe22

Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

This was not the hotel I was booked at, I was in another BW not too far away but there was an issue with booking. When I arrived there was some confusion at the desk because I booked with Hotwire. I was unsure of the location as I had read some negative reviews previously but I was pleasantly surprised, it was a quick 10 minute walk to Rome station however I chose Villiers as it is a more pleasant walk. Great restaurants in the area.
Breakfast is not worth th 15€ there are plenty of places around where you can get something better.

The room was much larger than expected and the washroom was very nice. I did find the room to be very dark however, lighter decoration would make this much better. The room I got was a smoking room which was not what I wanted so be sure to request non-smoking if that's what you are looking for that being said the room did not smell badly of smoke.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank AngMacP
Reviewed 8 September 2012

This hotel was way over priced! The service was extremely poor, lobby area was filthy, staff were not very knowledgeable about their city, the chambermaids busted into our room early in the morning on two different occasions despite a do not disturb sign on the door. Air conditioning, heating system was not working properly in the first room we went into, which we reported on our way out in the morning and were promised it was going to be sorted out while we were out. We got back in the evening and nothing had been done about it. We were offered a room change as we were told there was no maintenance staff on site. We agreed to a room change and asked for help with this but the receptionist told us he was the only member of staff on duty and couldn't leave the desk to help us. We therefore had to go downstairs to get the key for the new room and moved without assistance. Asked reception to book us a taxi to the airport and when the time came to leave the hotel, no taxi had been booked. Total waste of money!! We shall not be staying at this or any other Best Western hotel again!

Room Tip: I wouldn't bother with this hotel to be honest.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shirls2606
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I stayed with a friend to explore the city for view days.. Check in process only takes less than 15 minutes.. The room is clean and i like the interior. It takes 5 minutes to go to the metro station. The reception staffs(Asta & Cedric) are friendly and helpful.. They did their best to find my favorite jacket that lost in the laundry even though it takes more than 1 month for me to get it back.. For sure, I will stay here again next month!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank TantriAqni
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Location: The location is not for someone visiting downtown Paris as it is far away from the nearest metro station. Be prepared for a lot of walking (20 minutes to Rome metro station and 45 minutes to Champs Elysees). After 1 am, the metro and bus service stops and we had to walk to the hotel couple of nights because taxis were fully booked at that time. The neighbourhood is very residential and sleeps very early. We could not have any meal in this area.
Room: small but clean and well furnished.
Establishment: old and not a 4 stars hotel. The elevator was not working couple of days.
Breakfast: poor
Staff: Friendly
Would I go back? No, I will pay more to be in the downtown area and save myself the commuting time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bassammississauga
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Considerable walk to the subway which is a must for Paris.
Power went off for few minutes on the first night we checked in.
Dark and narrow corridors.
Depressing breakfast.
Guess coming out off Asia we tend to scale our opinions to the hospitality industry we have locally which is fantastic for the price one pays in Europe, hence it may be unfair but it was still expensive for the quality offered.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chetan68
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Indifferent reception staff don't make you feel terribly welcome however, room was clean, linen was clean, bathroom was clean. When I went to make a cup of tea I found the cups were obviously the same ones the previous occupant had used, and reception not very interested about bringing up clean ones. They did though. The outlook on to other apartments was typically French as was the noise from motor bikes and tipsy lovers. Lots of fantastic places to eat nearby though and overall the hotel was fine. Wouldn't rush back though to this hotel but would definitely return to the 17th arrondissement.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family