“Fantastic service”

Best Western Plus Opera Batignolles
Ranked #945 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 12 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Simon T
Opera_Batignolles, Directeur général at Best Western Plus Opera Batignolles, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Reviewed 6 January 2013

When coming to the Opera Batignolles expect a few things.

1. No restaurant nearby gets the equilibrium of affordability and quality right. There either incredibly expensive, for ok food or a tad scruffy looking with reasonable prices.

2. Your going to need to pack your walking shoes. Me and my Girlfriend love nothing better than strolling around metropolis' as much as any other young couple but this place is around 45 minutes walk from the Champs-Elysees. Around a half hour walk to the bottom of the Rue De Rome (Which the hotel is situated on) about 45 minutes to the Galeries Lafayette (Great Shopping centre) easily an hour to the Eiffel Tower. It is advised that you use the Metro system whenever you can unless you feel up for alot of exhausting walks, down Rue's that are very iffy once it is night time.

3. Sleep in. Don't bother with the breakfast, its a nice gesture by the hotel to include it into the price of the room but its really poor. Often just one girl, slowly ambles around the cramped little after-thought of a breakfast room tidying dirty tables and refilling the buffet.

But its not at all bad. DONT get this review wrong the place is perfect for mini-breaks, its just in the wrong location. If this had been just off the Champs-elysees or another famous landmark it would be perfect. The rooms are a complete delight. They are decorated perfectly stylish enough, modern, and kept very well. They are immaculatly clean on arrival and the cleaning team do a great job. The beds are very comfy and do nothing to hinder the romantic atmosphere that pervades Paris.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have a real panoramic view!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Safcforever121
Reviewed 9 December 2012

The highlight of this hotel was the amazingly wonderful bed! The mattress had good support yet it was as soft as sleeping on a cloud! The duvet was of superior quality and I slept like a baby! The room was small but well appointed. The shower was great and the tv was a large flat screen. The wifi worked very well in my room. The breakfast buffet was fantastic! I would definitely recommend this hotel as it is very comfortable! It is a short walk to the metro station.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank bikerbabe22
Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

This was not the hotel I was booked at, I was in another BW not too far away but there was an issue with booking. When I arrived there was some confusion at the desk because I booked with Hotwire. I was unsure of the location as I had read some negative reviews previously but I was pleasantly surprised, it was a quick 10 minute walk to Rome station however I chose Villiers as it is a more pleasant walk. Great restaurants in the area.
Breakfast is not worth th 15€ there are plenty of places around where you can get something better.

The room was much larger than expected and the washroom was very nice. I did find the room to be very dark however, lighter decoration would make this much better. The room I got was a smoking room which was not what I wanted so be sure to request non-smoking if that's what you are looking for that being said the room did not smell badly of smoke.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank AngMacP
Reviewed 8 September 2012

This hotel was way over priced! The service was extremely poor, lobby area was filthy, staff were not very knowledgeable about their city, the chambermaids busted into our room early in the morning on two different occasions despite a do not disturb sign on the door. Air conditioning, heating system was not working properly in the first room we went into, which we reported on our way out in the morning and were promised it was going to be sorted out while we were out. We got back in the evening and nothing had been done about it. We were offered a room change as we were told there was no maintenance staff on site. We agreed to a room change and asked for help with this but the receptionist told us he was the only member of staff on duty and couldn't leave the desk to help us. We therefore had to go downstairs to get the key for the new room and moved without assistance. Asked reception to book us a taxi to the airport and when the time came to leave the hotel, no taxi had been booked. Total waste of money!! We shall not be staying at this or any other Best Western hotel again!

Room Tip: I wouldn't bother with this hotel to be honest.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shirls2606
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I stayed with a friend to explore the city for view days.. Check in process only takes less than 15 minutes.. The room is clean and i like the interior. It takes 5 minutes to go to the metro station. The reception staffs(Asta & Cedric) are friendly and helpful.. They did their best to find my favorite jacket that lost in the laundry even though it takes more than 1 month for me to get it back.. For sure, I will stay here again next month!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank TantriAqni
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Location: The location is not for someone visiting downtown Paris as it is far away from the nearest metro station. Be prepared for a lot of walking (20 minutes to Rome metro station and 45 minutes to Champs Elysees). After 1 am, the metro and bus service stops and we had to walk to the hotel couple of nights because taxis were fully booked at that time. The neighbourhood is very residential and sleeps very early. We could not have any meal in this area.
Room: small but clean and well furnished.
Establishment: old and not a 4 stars hotel. The elevator was not working couple of days.
Breakfast: poor
Staff: Friendly
Would I go back? No, I will pay more to be in the downtown area and save myself the commuting time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple