“Very nice place to stay/Staff is amazing”

Timhotel Paris Gare de l'Est
Ranked #1,123 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
St. Augustine, Florida
“Very nice place to stay/Staff is amazing”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel over New Years for 6 days. As this was our first time to Paris we were a little overwhelmed. To start off the room was just perfect for us. Yes, it was small but I read where this is the norm in Paris hotels. Our room overlooked the Eiffel Tower in the distance and was even nicer because of the church bells that we would hear on occasion. We agree the walls were a little thin but we always bring ear plugs when we travel in case we run into this. Plus, we did not mind hearing the beautiful French that we heard next door :) We felt very safe at this hotel. It is a smaller hotel and we loved that. We felt like we were at a bed and breakfast. Charlotte who works at the front desk made our trip so memorable and she is a gem. She and her partner and I feel terrible forgetting her name took such great care of us on New Years Eve. There is a restaurant called Les Enfants Perdus that is a must not miss. Cool, vibey, great music and cute waiters oh and the food is really good too. We would come back to this hotel and hope that Charlotte was there to take such great care of us again. We miss her already.

Room Tip: As for the room that overlooks the Eiffel Tower in the distance on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ShesOnlyRocknRoll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel over New Year as my daughter was visiting Paris to see her boyfriend and I decided to accompany her but stay in a hotel near to his apartment. I was incredibly impressed by the hotel on many levels - I got a very warm and helpful welcome when I checked in, the hotel felt very safe which was an advantage for a single lady travelling alone. I had booked a single room but got a double room which was en suite with a bath. The room was very clean and quiet, a good size and had free Wi-Fi, a hair dryer and plenty of storage space. The breakfast room was clean with plenty of room and had free coffee on offer all day and all night. The reception staff were always cheerful and very polite (even when I came in at 2.00 in the morning on New Years Day!) and they were always helpful when I had a question. They knew my name and always addressed me by my name which I was impressed with as they had many guests staying. They also arranged a taxi to the airport on my last day which arrived promptly and charged what I had been quoted. I would highly recommend this hotel and would have no hesitation in returning. Thank you for making my stay so relaxed and happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room probably on the second floor or above. Mine was on he 4th floor and was very qu...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank GeorgieSwift
Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night on the 30th December 2013. It was quite a last minute booking and we picked it predominantly because of the location, the good trip advisor reviews and the cheapness of the room, £88 with breakfast. We were certainly not disappointed. The hotel is a few minutes walk from Gard l'est train station and close to a lot of lovely looking restaurants and public transportation.

We had called ahead to the hotel as we were arriving much earlier than the check in time of 2pm and the lady on reception advised us she would do what she could to accommodate this and sure enough, we were able to get into our room at 12noon. We were given room 332 which was advertised as a standard double. WELL... It's one of the biggest standard doubles I've ever stayed in. The bed was kingsize and extremely comfortable with extra pillows and blankets and two big sash windows looked out onto the road adjacent. The bathroom contained a half bath and shower over, but was very clean and modern with good quality towels and toiletries provided.

There was a restaurant where breakfast was served in the morning but due to an early flight, we had to give it a miss but it did look lovely.

I only have one downside and its not necessarily of the hotel but during our stay it was pretty noisy. Whether the walls are a bit thin or we had particulary loud neigbours but when I was in the bathroom I could hear conversations in the next room as clear as day. Also, the ladies who cleaned the rooms were incredibly loud. It did sound as if they were throwing their vacuum cleaners down the stairs.

Either way, I would certainly stay here again. We got to see all the main sites and they didnt take long to get to from this hotel using the subway :) Very much recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PrincessSquidge
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This hotel in Paris is right next to two main train stations, one <a few more blocks away, Gare du Nord> of which contains also the service to London (Eurostar). At that one (Gare du Nord), it is very easy to get to the Eiffel Towel, the Louvre, the Cathedral of Notre Dame, and the airport. They had a nice breakfast bar in the morning, the staff was very courteous, and there was wi-fi (and a computer downstairs in the main lobby). If you needed to have a converter that allows an American electronic device to utilize a European outlet, the hair dryers in the bathrooms have that conversion available so you can charge your cell phone or iPad easily (if you still need an adaptor, you can easily purchase one within the stores of the Gare de L'est train station nearby, which is approximately 10 euro for purchase). Outside, near the main road (Rue du Faubourg-Saint-Martin , one can easily catch a cab to get to any of the fascinating sites in Paris, one of which is 140 Rue de Bac where a Marion Apparition occurred to St Catherine Laboure in which the Miraculous Medal was created (a 20-30 minute taxi drive). From this same main road, you should be able to easily spot the Gare de L'est train stations. This is a very good, quiet hotel, especially if 'location' is very important for you to be able to get from place to place.

Room Tip: If you arrive in Paris from the Gar du Nord train station, you must exit the station from the south...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank J L
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Was pleasantly surprised by my stay at the Timhotel. The lady at the reception was patient, friendly and spoke impeccable English. I got the one of the corner rooms facing the front of the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. It was larger than what I had come to expect from Parisian hotels. A nice French window overlooking the street in front was a nice touch and makes you feel like you are in your own french house. Clean rooms, good service and a decent location. Overall a very good experience.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room. I think these rooms are larger than the rest.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bizTraveller69
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This is our fourth stay in this hotel, we come to Paris every year and I would not think of staying anywhere else. The staff are an asset to this hotel particularly Charlotte who ensures each year we stay in our regular room which is a complete delight. The hotel is a small and friendly one, to the previous poster yes there is small corridors but you're not sleeping in them so it doesn't matter too much! I can't comment on other rooms as we have only stayed in one room which is the same but I presume the rooms are like most in Paris, which are small, however you spend very little time in your room so I don't see this as a concern.The hotel is clean and towels are replaced daily, Breakfast is very nice, lots to choose from especially for a fussy eater like me, lots of fruit, yoghurts, french pastries etc. I have not had a problem sleeping although the walls are quiet thin, it has not caused me or my boyfriend any issues. Our room faced the front of the hotel and we were opposite a school and again a previous poster mentioned the noise, we have stayed at weekends and in the week and it has not been a problem for us. The streets surrounding the hotel are fine, I have walked them on my own at night and have not been bothered. It is the perfect location, you are a mere five minutes walk from the Gare du nord, the metro stop Gare de l'est is a two minute walk up the street next to the Indiana Cafe (an excellent restaurant I recommend) there are a few restaurants/cafes that are excellent around this area, the is the Indiana Cafe which is a Tex Mex and then a little bistro around the corner who serve excellent pizzas Cafe D'lest and of course if needed a Mc Donalds up the street.
All in all the hotel is superb, its staff are friendly and welcoming and I look forward to seeing them in eleven months time for our regular visit!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ray1987
Sandrine F, Directeur général at Timhotel Paris Gare de l'Est, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear ray1987,

The team and I have all enjoyed reading your nice review. We are thrilled that the hotel pleases you and please be sure that we have enjoyed welcoming you here and still will be in the future.
We thank you for your lovely comments and wish you a very nice Christmas and New Year, looking forward to seeing you for the next birthday or any other occasion,

Best regards
Sandrine Fischer
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I have visite this hotel on November with friends for just one night.as an employe in the turism industrie i have to say that timhotel gare del est is the perfect budget hotel to stay in paris.nice and clean rooms,breakfast tasty with fresh orange juice.Stuff of the hotel very polite and they have done their best to resolve any problem,very professional especialy the two ladies they worked in the night shift.i suggest every body who wants to visit paris to stay in this hotel.
Yannis from Greece.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank huanpablo61
Sandrine F, Directeur général at Timhotel Paris Gare de l'Est, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Yannis,

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor.
We are happy that you have enjoyed our service, and this encourage us to continue to do our best every day.

Best regards