“its worth the price”
Review of Hotel Pax Opera

Hotel Pax Opera
Ranked #362 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I spent three nights at the hotel. The hotel room though small it was very neat and renovated. It is closer to Cadet Station and lots of restaurants and beautiful locations. What I will recommend the hotel to do is try and put a small refrigerator in the room because it was difficult to have a cold beer or drink. Also the reception for phone was completely off, so I could not make phone calls in the room. The WiFi is not bad though could be improved. In all I think the hotel is worth the price. Lovely staff and good breakfast. one other thing that I think the hotel can also do is to pick guests from airport rather than dropping them off because for a first time visitor like me, it took me an hour and more to locate the hotel even though the hotel had sent me directions through my email. I believe it will make the journey less stressful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floors are renovated.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
attachedirection, Attaché de direction at Hotel Pax Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear traveler,

Thank you very much for your comment. The staff appreciated it.
We are sorry about the problem with the phone of your room.

Thank you for your nice words about the breakfast, the cleanness and the decoration of the room.

Our location is central, situated 2 minutes away from Metro Cadet Station (line 7) 5 minutes away from Metro Grand Boulevard Station (Line 7) and a-10 minute walk to Gare du Nord Station and a-15 minute walk to the Opera House and department stores as Galleries Lafayette and Printemps.
We will be happy to welcome you again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Location is excellent of this hotel, very close to cadet metro. Starbucks, mcdonalds just across the street and a supermarket just around the corner. Buy coke etc in this supermarket some places charge up to €5 for a coke! The supermarket sells 8 cans for €3.60!! Great Irish bars called o Sullivan's and corcorans. The hotel rooms are very small but a perfect little boutique hotel central to everything! The staff are very helpful upon arrival you are shown on a map where we are and any questions you have they answer! You do have to leave your key when your leaving the building at reception but we had no issues with this and our room was fine! Cleaned every single day!! Fresh towels and sheets! The only thing is sometimes the streets can get noisy with cars, sirens etc! But this is to be expected in a busy location such as Paris! The wifi doesn't work in the hotel room you have to use it downstairs in the breakfast area. Overall I would recommend this hotel and I wouldn't be listening to the bad reviews people put on here!! If people want a 5***** hotel go find one! This hotel is everything it says on their site. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Amandasunny89
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Very pleasant stay from the outset.greeted at reception by a girl with very good English who provided us with great information on paris which as 1st timers was brilliant.advised on best way to get as much of the sights in as possible in the time we had which was great.all staff very pleasant and helpful.lovely continental breakfast every morning .rooms are fine for the time you spend in them.spotlessly cleaned daily.location is great in walking distance of some lovely restaurants and metro stations that will get you anywhere you need to go.would definitely recommend and stay there again if back in paris.
Darren

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel was found by our corporate travel agent as being close to transport and fitting our travel guidelines (read price!). I was really impressed on arrival by the professionalism and language skills of the reception staff (I'm not sure how many languages she spoke, but it must have been at least 4). She was most helpful with a good map of the central Paris area, pointing out attractions and the best way to get there; also, she was most helpful in a few pointers for getting to my scheduled meetings. Breakfast was small selection of good quality foods and plenty of them; the area is a little small so it can get crowded at peak times (more of a problem for groups than singles). Also, two quaint little touches: room keys to be dropped at reception on leaving the hotel and a small elevator (1 person + bag, or two people) servicing all floors.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Big_Davo27
attachedirection, Attaché de direction at Hotel Pax Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. Maria appreciated to read it.
Welcoming service is one of our priorities.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a few nights while exploring Paris. Room quite small but the bed was very comfortable and everything worked. Reasonably close to Gare de Nord (short taxi ride) and only twenty minutes or so to walk into central Paris. A good honest three star hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
attachedirection, Attaché de direction at Hotel Pax Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Guest,
We are happy to read that you appreciated your stay in our house
We will be happy to welcome you again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

True that the hotel is located very close to the metro. Also true that almost every 5th building in the neighbourhood is a hotel, so there's plenty to choose from. There is nothing about this particular hotel that will make me choose it next time I come to Paris or make me recommend it to my friends.

Initially we've booked 2 rooms, one twin and one single, with the difference in the room rate being only in 1 breakfast amount. Later I wrote to the hotel asking to change the single room to a double assuming the one I had was already a double single use given the rate difference comparing to a twin. I never got a reply to my letter, however we still came to the hotel as a couple asking for a double room... It was quite a surprise being asked to pay extra 25 euro per day for that change especially when we saw our room - tiniest you can imagine with about 50 cm distance from the entrance door to the bed. After negotiating with a receptionist who was very nice btw, we managed to get the extra amount down to 9 euro for breakfast plus 5 euro for extra person per day. Which was better than the initial supposed charge however I still don't understand how come I ended paying more than for the twin room my friends had. Which in fact was not a twin, they were "upgraded" to a room with a double bed which was nice but not really convenient for two colleagues travelling together.

Oh, and the hotel said they didn't receive my letter asking for a room change.

As for the service, my friends experienced quite a strange service from the maid who did their room, i.e. they've found some of their clothes thrown out from the bed and kept lying in the room corner... you don't really expect that to happen, do you?

Of my own experience room wise, except it being quite tiny even by Paris standard, I can say that the room is also very warm, the bathroom is equally tiny with a half-bathtub serving as shower and there is no way you can reach the towel without having to get our of it.

To sum it all together - no, I won't choose this hotel again nor will I recommend it. But it was my experience, yours can be different.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
attachedirection, attaché de direction at Hotel Pax Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest,
We are surprised by your comment about the cleaning service in your friend’s room
We are sorry that you were not satisfied by your room.
Best regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Small city hotel adjacent to Rue La Fayette. Suited to short city break.
Rooms very clean but smaller than anticipated.Doorways and corridors quite narrow.
Buffet breakfast - usual fare - cotinental style.
Very close to Cadet Metro station.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Trevor H,

We thank you for your comment.
We are glad to know that you appreciated the location of our house and the cleanness of the room.

We hope to welcome you again for your next trip to Paris.

Kind Regards,