“HOTEL PAX OPERA”

Ranked #357 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“HOTEL PAX OPERA”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This five day break was a 60th birthday present from my husband to Paris and the hotel was very good. Staff were very helpful especially the girl who was on reception she gave us names of places to eat which served French cuisine and they were excellent. The hotel rooms are adequate but clean and comfortable. The hotel was in a good position to walk to most places. The breakfast was continental which was also good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
attachedirection, Attaché de direction at Hotel Pax Opera, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. Maria appreciated to read it.
Welcoming service and the cleanness are our priorities.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed the hotel, our breakfast and the location of our house.

We hope to welcome you again for your next trip to Paris.

Kind Regards,

Christophe THOMAS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Musk, Australia
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel three times. The breakfast is a very good buffet. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Basically I cannot fault them. The staff have always been very helpful particularly when organizing a shuttle to the airport. I had begun to view it as my hotel in Paris. However after my last visit I would not stay there again. I am gay and I was with my partner. Our room had been booked as a double with a double bed. We were asked on check-in by the male concierge whether we wished a double bed or two single beds. I said it didn't matter. To which I got the reply:"oh, one of those". I said nothing, but I resolved never to stay there again. It's a pity that such a nice hotel is marred by such behaviour. We travel through Paris often and have now booked a hotel in the Marais, where I presume such comments would be unthinkable.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bdx1233
attachedirection, Attaché de direction at Hotel Pax Opera, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Sir,

We thank you for your comment and for your satisfaction about the comfort of the room.
We are really sorry about the misunderstanding concerning the bed type.
Having an international and multiple clientele, we respect all our clients included the gay ones.
Once again we are sorry if you felt that the attitude of the male receptionist who welcomed you was not appropriated.
Hoping your understanding, we would be glad to accommodate you again in our house.
Best regards,

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Garde du Nord area of Paris can be, let's face it, nasty at times and finding a good hotel for an overnight can be tricky. I was coming in by Thalys from Brussels and flying out the next day from Charles-de-Gaulle airport, so wanted something close to the Gare du nord but not right in the thick of it.

Hotel Pax Opera turned out to be a good option. It's about a fifteen minute walk from the Gare du nord, so walkable with luggage, or two metro stops from the gare. I found it fairly easily. Go down rue La Fayette, pass by a church and a park, and then it's down a block on rue Trevise. As it's off the main drag, it's quiet for being in such a central zone.

The lobby screams the hotels I remember as a child in Paris, but the room I had was surprisingly modern. Like most Parisian hotels, it was snug, but adequate. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and all spoke English from what I could see. You have to leave your key when you go out, so you do get a bit of Old World charm.

The breakfast buffet was very good and included a variety of options. I am so glad to see hotels in Paris move towards a buffet. Who can manage a day of travel or sightseeing on a couple of croissants?

Overall, it was good value for money, a hearty breakfast for a day of travel and a good location. I'd definitely stay there again if I needed a night or two in Paris.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank miccodxb
Dear guest,
Thank you for your nice comment.
We are happy to read that you appreciated the decoration, the atmosphere of our house, the location of our hotel and the buffet breakfast.
We sincerely hope to welcome you again for your next trip to Paris.
Kind regards,
West Midlands
Reviewed 26 April 2014

A lovely hotel situated close to Cadet Metro station and within walking distance of the Opera House and Lafayettes. All the reception staff were extremely helpful and friendly, thankfully their English was a lot better than my French.
Hotel is smallish although our room was fairly large albeit with a small bathroom - suited our purposes though for a 3 night stop over.
We will return if visiting Paris again.

BE CAREFUL OF THE PICKPOCKETS THOUGH THEY ARE EVERYWHERE.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OnClaudio9
Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure to read your comment, Thank you very much. We all enjoyed it.

We are happy to know that you appreciated the hotel, the location and your room.
Hoping to welcome you again for your next trip to Paris,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I spent three nights at the hotel. The hotel room though small it was very neat and renovated. It is closer to Cadet Station and lots of restaurants and beautiful locations. What I will recommend the hotel to do is try and put a small refrigerator in the room because it was difficult to have a cold beer or drink. Also the reception for phone was completely off, so I could not make phone calls in the room. The WiFi is not bad though could be improved. In all I think the hotel is worth the price. Lovely staff and good breakfast. one other thing that I think the hotel can also do is to pick guests from airport rather than dropping them off because for a first time visitor like me, it took me an hour and more to locate the hotel even though the hotel had sent me directions through my email. I believe it will make the journey less stressful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floors are renovated.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear traveler,

Thank you very much for your comment. The staff appreciated it.
We are sorry about the problem with the phone of your room.

Thank you for your nice words about the breakfast, the cleanness and the decoration of the room.

Our location is central, situated 2 minutes away from Metro Cadet Station (line 7) 5 minutes away from Metro Grand Boulevard Station (Line 7) and a-10 minute walk to Gare du Nord Station and a-15 minute walk to the Opera House and department stores as Galleries Lafayette and Printemps.
We will be happy to welcome you again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Location is excellent of this hotel, very close to cadet metro. Starbucks, mcdonalds just across the street and a supermarket just around the corner. Buy coke etc in this supermarket some places charge up to €5 for a coke! The supermarket sells 8 cans for €3.60!! Great Irish bars called o Sullivan's and corcorans. The hotel rooms are very small but a perfect little boutique hotel central to everything! The staff are very helpful upon arrival you are shown on a map where we are and any questions you have they answer! You do have to leave your key when your leaving the building at reception but we had no issues with this and our room was fine! Cleaned every single day!! Fresh towels and sheets! The only thing is sometimes the streets can get noisy with cars, sirens etc! But this is to be expected in a busy location such as Paris! The wifi doesn't work in the hotel room you have to use it downstairs in the breakfast area. Overall I would recommend this hotel and I wouldn't be listening to the bad reviews people put on here!! If people want a 5***** hotel go find one! This hotel is everything it says on their site. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Amandasunny89
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Very pleasant stay from the outset.greeted at reception by a girl with very good English who provided us with great information on paris which as 1st timers was brilliant.advised on best way to get as much of the sights in as possible in the time we had which was great.all staff very pleasant and helpful.lovely continental breakfast every morning .rooms are fine for the time you spend in them.spotlessly cleaned daily.location is great in walking distance of some lovely restaurants and metro stations that will get you anywhere you need to go.would definitely recommend and stay there again if back in paris.
Darren