“Fantastic friendly hotel in great location”

Hotel Residence Foch
Ranked #73 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We loved our stay in Hotel Foch. The location is great near the Champs Elysee and metro stations but in a quiet street so you can get a good nights sleep. The staff were excellent - very friendly and helpful and although the rooms are small, they are clean and comfortable. I will be recommending it to my friends.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank AlisonWarden
There are newer reviews for Hotel Residence Foch

Reviewed 7 September 2011

Like countless others here have posted, we are so glad we stayed at Hotel Residence Foch. When we first arrived, my kids' initial reaction was 'yuck'-- this didn't look like the typical 3-4 star US hotel they were accustomed to. By the end of our 5 days, however, they were more than won over, enjoying the charms of the old building and conversing in English (and a little French) with the incredibly friendly staff at the front desk.

The area had many conveniences: we bought milk, bottled water (bottled water was surprisingly cheap here) and other food/supplies at Carrefour, the small grocery on Ave Malakoff. We did laundry at a nearby laundromat which was clean and efficient. If you don't want the breakfast at the hotel, Tanty Patisserie, on the corner of Malakoff and Rue Pergolese, has great croissants. On the same corner is the hotel-recommended Italian restaurant, Del Papa; we ate there twice. The food was delicious and a very good value (portions were huge). We went for lunch the first time and then went back for dinner on another day-- unfortunately the service was horrible at dinner (probably due to the 2 kids, no wine factor)-- but the food was still delicious.

The only slight drawback was how far away it was from the touristy areas of Paris. The subway and RER were easy to get to and use, but it would have been nice to have the option to come back to the room during the day and go out again at night without all the additional travel time. But it was a small price to pay for the other benefits of the hotel.

All in all, a great and memorable stay at Hotel Residence Foch.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank robyn14
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Once I was told that excellence is when you get an unexpected exceptional service. That is absolutely true for Residence Foch. I chose this hotel for a 4-night stay in Paris in occasion of a business trip. I based my choice on Tripadvisor reviews. So, I expected to find a nice hotel, at a reasonable price, in a convenient area, and good breakfast. I had more. The cozy and still sophisticated hotel is located in a quiet street, in what looks a pretty upscale residential quarter. You need just to go around the corner to find busy streets, full of life, shops and restaurant. This is not a tourist area (fortunately). The hotel is only ten minutes walking from the Conference Center (Palais de Congres) and so, for me and my colleague, was the perfect location. The hotel is also very close (less than 10 min walking) to the bus stop for buses to Beauvais and Charles De Gaulle. Metro station is only five minutes away. My experience with this hotel was all positive. We had a busy correspondence at the moment of booking because of certain administrative formalities. We found professional answers and commitment. On our arrival, they remembered our names and gave us exactly the kind of room we had requested. People working there are absolutely fantastic. No matter who you find at the reception, they are all professional and more than friendly. They cheer you every time you enter and look sincerely concerned about your needs. I felt like I was home. Every night when I returned to the hotel it was like going back home and find somebody that was interested about how your day had been. I would say that many guests shared my same feeling. People stopped at the small bar to enjoy a glass of wine while chatting with the other guests and also at breakfast early in the morning (I mean when everybody yawns and grunts ) hotel guests enjoyed the reciprocal company, sharing comments on the city and activities, giving advice and recommendations. It looks like the hotel has a positive influence on people or maybe positive people choose this hotel or maybe we were just lucky to meet nice people. Anyway, the result is an enjoyable place to stay. Breakfast is good.: a small buffet with high quality food and good service. The only problem is that the room is small and maybe you have to wait a little bit to be sit but it has never been a real problem during our stay. The rooms are not big, but well furnished and with a modern well equipped bathroom (fantastic shower, by the way, and this is sometimes a luxury in a 3-star hotel). Free WiFi internet. What’s more my colleague had to leave for personal reasons earlier than expected and she had no problem at all when she informed the reception. They also gave us recommendations about restaurants that turned to be very enjoyable places to have lunch or dinner. So, if you are not looking for big, impersonal chain hotels and like the old, warm, relaxing atmosphere of small hotels, I strongly recommend the Residence Foch and, personally, I am going to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
8  Thank sweetienj
Reviewed 1 September 2011

The staff was very helpful and knowledgable of the area, they also spoke perfect English. The breakfast (included) was great, they had cereal, breads, meat & cheese, fruit salad, and eggs. The rooms were not huge, but nice and didn't feel cramped... We stayed in room 50, perfect for a romantic couple stay. It had a terrace with nice flowers. Overall, it was a very nice stay and for the price will definately come back in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011
8  Thank johntimothyhopkins
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Trusting the Tripadvisor reviews, and having looked all over Paris for a hotel suitable for a family of 4 with 2 kids, 9 and 11, our expectations were met perfectly. Booking was painless, friendly and efficient by email and when we arrived we felt expected, and welcomed. The staff were helpful and gave us advice on restaurants (although we used Tripadvisor for this too!) and on airpport transport. There's free Internet in the bar. Check-oout was 12 noon, and we left our bags with the hotel until we needed to leave Paris at 4pm.

Location is a bit away from the main tourist areas in a smart residential/diplomatic area, but that means it's quite and you can sleep with the bedroom window open. It's only 5 minutes from the nearest Metro and that's only 2 stops from the Champs-Elysee.

We stayed for a 3 night break in a family room, with a large double bed and 2 single beds in a an area screened off by a curtain. The room was nicely decorated and the beds were comfy, with clean and comfortable bedding. The bathroom is fine and well-equipped, although it's a fine art to make sure that the shower curtain stays inside the bath!

We didn't take the breakfast, as it's €13 per head, so I can't comment on that.

If you're looking for 4 or 5 star luxury "chain" hotels, then this isn't for you, but for a family break it's perfect, and if we come back to Paris again, we'll certainly stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Phil M
Reviewed 30 August 2011

The service was great!, Hotel staff very polite and extremely helpful. Location is great and close to all the attractions. Would absolutely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Tanguito2011
Reviewed 29 August 2011

This hotel is great! Wonderful, helpful, friendly, courteous staff; great breakfast; large very brignt room; spotlessly clean; -- wonderful housekeeping -- helpful and friendly front desk, bar and breakfast staff . A problem with my foot meant that I had to stay in the hotel for longer periods that what I would normally do on vacation. The staff were absolutely wonderful. They made what could have been a dreadful holiday into an absolutley wonderful one-- Thanks for everything!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo