“If only all cities had a hotel like this.”

Hotel Residence Foch
Ranked #77 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 8 January 2012

About a 10 minute walk to the Metro and around the corner from Quebec House, this charming little hotel had overly friendly staff and a great breakfast. Our room was cozy but had an enormous bathroom. And everything was so tidy.

It's not really steps away from anything but that's its charm. When your night is over, simply take a taxi back and enjoy a quiet night's sleep (but don't ask the taxi driver if he knows where it is. He will get mad. Let him find it on his iphone map. It will make the ride less rude).

The best attraction to the hotel is the old-fashion small elevator!

If we ever go back to Paris, we'd try to stay at the Hotel Residence Foch.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CoupontheKitty

Reviewed 7 January 2012

What makes this hotel stand out from other Paris hotels is its location. Situated in the 16th arrondissement, it is near the German Embassy and j6st steps away from the swish Avenue Foch and the Palais des Congrès.The nearest metro is just a 5 minute walk and Champs Elysées about 15 minutes. It is also near the periphérique (the ring). Rooms are small but confortable. Breakfast is basic. There is a good value for money. The only drawback is the sound isolation, especially from the bedroom doors. We are regular clients to the hotel and discussed this problem with the management. They explained that the hotel would be closed for the first half of 2012 for renovations and the sound isolation would be fixed. We hope everything goes well with the renovations and that the hotel will soon operate. We always had very pleasant chats with the members of staff and Nelly is great for giving tips for all the hidden Paris gems!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Air France coach service gets quite close to this family-run hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good location near the metro with some busy streets nearby - but the hotel is in an attractive old building in a quiet street. Buffet breakfast was really special but more eating than we needed before walking in streets museums etc. The hotel suggested a Cafe Bakery within easy walking distance and we really liked everything about that! Older buildings often mean narrow stairs, smaller rooms and less sophisticated facilities. We like the character of that but if you want slick modernity you will be choosing a five star and paying their prices. This hotel had a very good small place feel. we will be back...

Room Tip: We liked our qiet street facing room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I stayed at Hotel Residence Foch on Oct 31 for one night, and my impression of the hotel is it is nice, but pretty average. The room is quite small so it would be a bit crowded for two people. But other than that, the place is clean and tidy, and its friendly staff and free wi-fi certainly wouldn't hurt.

The hotel is in a nice and quiet neighborhood where the Holland Embasssy is also located on the same street. The metro station is not far (about 10 minutes walk), and near the metro there are several restaurants and bakeries.

It may not be your most memorable hotel experience but it is priced correctly (I paid 95 euro for one person, one night). As a mid-range hotel in a convenient neighborhood, it is a nice choice.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Nelly R, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Bonjour,

Thank you very much for your nice review.

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed the Hotel Residence Foch.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you another time.

See you soon.

The reception staff :
Isabelle, Emma and Jean Louis

Reviewed 27 October 2011

We loved our three night stay at the Residence Foch, it was so quaint and charming. The residential area was quiet and also had two metro stations within a two block walk. The staff was so friendly and helpful, especially Isabella and Emma. A short walk brought us to an adorable bakery and several very nice restaurants. We were told that the hotel will close in November for a complete renovation - I am sure they will keep the charm intact! If we ever get back to Paris, I am sure it will be back to that lovely hotel.

Room Tip: We had three adults, so chose the family room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Bonnie G
Nelly R, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2011

Bonjour Bonnie !

Thank you very much to post a nice review.
It was a pleasure for us to welcome you at the Hotel Residence Foch.

Indeed, we will renovate the Hotel but still with the same style.
So, the charm will be intact when you will come-back !

See you soon ...

Isabelle and Emma

Reviewed 26 October 2011

I based my decision to stay at this hotel on TripAdvisor reviews. Unfortunately it was a really bad decision. I stayed with my girlfriend for 5 nights. The room was so small, there was only one spot to put up 1 suitcase in the room. I had to keep my suitcase beside my bed near the window. The closet was approximately 3 feet wide with shelves. The closet was just inside the door to the room. There was no light, so it was impossible to see what I had put in the closet without taking it to the window. The closet had a strange smell as well. There was a desk at the foot of both beds, if my friend was on the computer, I had to climb across both beds to get to the bathroom. I chose to have the bed nearest the window so my friend would have easy access to the bathroom. When showering, the bathroom floor would flood, it did not matter how we each turned that shower head the floor flooded. The hotel is due for a major renovation starting at the end of November. Of course the prices will increase after the renovation, but the room size will not change. I have to be perfectly honest, I could not stay there again nor can I recommend this hotel. Yes, the hotel staff is excellent, but that does not make up for other deficiencies with this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank badsaltydog
Nelly R, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2011

Bonjour Monsieur,

Thank you to taking the time to submit your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at the Hotel Residence Foch.
You have to know that we will take in consideration all your comments.

Indeed, the hotel will be renovated next month and many things will be improved.
But you are right, the sizes of the rooms will not change ...
It is very difficult to find in Paris large room, especially in a charming hotel such as ours.

We wish to welcome you another time and hope to satisfy you more than this year ...

The reception staff :
Isabelle, Emma et Jean-Louis

Reviewed 23 October 2011

My son's friend asked if I could recommend a hotel in Paris. He wanted a place that would truly reflect the character of Paris, not the typical tourist side, but the "I want to feel like a Parisian side." There was no doubt where I would send him, right to the Residence Foch. I had written a review in the past, explaining my many stays at the RF, so I just asked the groom and bride to be to read that post and decide for themselves, based on my account and the many other wonderful reports that are posted on trip advisor. I guess they did, because last week, I ran into the couple, now married, and they told me of the fantastic experience they had staying at the Hotel Residence Foch, and overall, their affection for Paris. It is nice to get this type of feed back, because recommending anything can be filled with peril. If they take your opinion to heart, and have an awful experience, especially when a honeymoon is involved, then future contact can be indeed uncomfortable. However, this situation proved once again, that the many times I have recommended the RF to my immediate and not so immediate friends and family, the results have always been extremely positive. So to all out there surfing the trip advisor reviews, if you want to feel like a true resident of Paris, think about staying at the Hotel RESIDENCE Foch.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CitroenCollector

The best reward for us is to come at the Hotel Residence Foch and read a wonderful review like this one ...
So thank you very much !

We're glad you recommended our Hotel to your friends.
The most important thing is they felt like home, it's really our first goal.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel because the nice and friendly guests are our happiness !

We hope to see you soon.

Tha reception staff: