“Regal experience at commoner prices, thanks to HRF!”

Hotel Residence Foch
Ranked #71 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Toronto
“Regal experience at commoner prices, thanks to HRF!”
Reviewed 5 June 2009

Just got married (our first) and started our honeymoon with a couple free nights at Mercure Montmartre, which was also a nice stay and located steps away from Moulin Rouge and lots of action spots. When we got to Hotel Residence Foch (HRF) we became concerned from the lack of immediate access to tons of cafes or things to see. Then we spent our first night in the dream suite: The Blue Room. It made me feel like I was sleeping in a guest bedroom at the Sun King's Versailles. We loved it for it's charm and beauty (the bathroom is superb) and realized what was missing with the first hotel: Peace and quiet at night! Of course the view from the balcony of a sparkling Eiffel Tower helped and we quickly realized the bus (line #82) led us swiftly to where we wanted to go. Of course the staff were excellent as pretty much every other review will tell you, ALWAYS friendly and helpful. If you get married and are lucky enough to come to Paris, you simply won't find a better overall experience for the price you pay, Formidable!!

1 Thank HughKToronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh
Reviewed 2 June 2009

This hotel was absolutely perfect for my weekend away with my fiance. It is 5 minutes walk from the bus station, 15 mins walk from the arc de triumph, 15-20 miuntes walk to the eiffel tower (excuse my spelling) and very close to an underground station so easy access anywhere in paris.

The staff are second to none, very friendly and efficient, the go out their way to ensure you enjoy your stay - one of the receptionists even phoned a restaurant we had booked to inform them of a food allergy.

If I had to be critical, the only bad thing I can think of in this hotel was the shower - the bracket holding it to the wall was a little loose so it tended to flood the batchroom. However, this was only a very minor issue, everything else about the hotel was perfect.

Next time Im in paris i will definately use this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 2 June 2009

9 of us stayed here in January & had a lovely time. The hotel is perfectly located & the staff were wonderful. I have stayed in Paris many times & this is by far the best hotel I have stayed in.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
Redlands, California
Reviewed 1 June 2009

We stayed nine wonderful nights at Hotel Residence Foch in May 2009. Our stay in Paris was absolutely fantastic, from the time we arrived until we left!! Before our trip, I was very impressed with the staff. I e-mailed the hotel with questions about tours, places to see, distances, etc., and someone at the desk always wrote me immediately with the information that I needed. I especially enjoyed corresponding and talking with Chedi before our arrival. And this wonderful hospitality continued on our entire visit of 9 days!! We were greeted by the nicest people - they served us coffee when we arrived. Nelly, the owner, is the friendliest, most cheerful, and most helpful person that we have met. Each morning she would help us with our plans - giving us wonderful ideas of what to do and see. It rained most days that we were there, and the one sunny day that we were planning to go to the Louvre, she suggested that we enjoy the beautiful sunshine and go somewhere outdoors. We went to Versailles that day, and were so happy that we did!! Chedi continued to be as helpful as he had been before our visit. And in the evening, we especially enjoyed visiting with Youssef, who was so nice!! What a lovely staff!
We prefer B&B's rather than large hotels, and this was perfect - so charming. We had a very pleasant room that overlooked the street. It was decorated nicely and was very clean. The hotel is in a great location - close to two metro stops, a train station, and a gorgeous park where my husband ran each morning. We felt safe coming home at night. It is a very pleasant walk to the Arc de Triomphe - and a nice walk to the Eiffel Tower, where you must have coffee and croissants at Carette at the Trocadero. We actually walked to and from most places in Paris. We did take the metro a few times - when it was raining, when we went to Montmartre, and when we went to mass at Notre Dame on Sunday morning. We did walk back from Notre Dame, and the Latin Quarter - it is a great city to walk around!!
There are wonderful restaurants right near the hotel. Our favorites that were recommended by the hotel are Bistro Saint Ferdinand, Chez Georges and L'Auberge Dab. The food and service at those restaurants was excellent. One of our favorite restaurants was one that we saw while we were eating across the street at Chez Georges. It is Le Relais de Venise "Son Entrecote" on Blvd. Pereire near Porte Maillot. When we came out of Chez Georges one night we saw a long line around the corner, and we went over to see what was happening. The people were in line to go to dinner at this little restaurant. They told us that it is very popular with locals. It has a set menu of salad, meat and french fries - with the most delicious meat sauce! I don't even eat that much meat, but we decided to try it, and it was one of the highlights!! The sauce is to die for - and the waitress comes back and gives seconds on everything! The layered chocolate dessert was absolutely delicious! It was a great experience. We also went to the dinner show at the Moulin Rouge one night. Chedi called and made reservations for us. It had been recommended by other guests at the hotel, as well as our friend who lives in Montmartre. It was so spectacular - as good as any Broadway Show - and the dinner was excellent!!
We can't say enough about how much we loved our stay. Paris is absolutely gorgeous - one of our favorite cities - and staying at the very charming Hotel Residence Foch made it just perfect!! We would definitely stay there again - and hope we can return soon!!!

2 Thank ClaudiaAB
ach139
Reviewed 31 May 2009

This was my first trip to Paris, and as I don't speak French, I was a little intimidated by the prospect of exploring the city on my own.

I arrived at the Residence Foch a little earlier than my scheduled check-in, expecting that I'd have to wait, but was warmly greeted by the front desk clerk who indicated that my room was ready.

The clerk then asked if I'd been to Paris before, and upon my telling him that this was my first visit and that any advice would be welcome, he produced a map and proceeded to highlight the various sites and destinations. He offered directions and a general outline of the time it would take.

The hotel is only a few blocks away from Charles de Gaulle Avenue, which runs into the Arc de Triomphe and becomes the Champs-Elysees. And access to the metro is within a blcok, so it's perfectly situated to give you full access to the city by foot or public transit.

The room itself was well appointed, comfortable, and clean. The bed was a little big for the room, but there was enough space to get around, and the bathroom was big.

My only complaints, if you could call them complaints, are that the minibar is exoribitantly expensive (5 euro for a small box of cookies), and that the iron took a good 15 minutes to warm up enough to properly iron my clothes.

However, I would recommend Residence Foch to anyone making their first trip to Paris as the staff really make every effort to ensure you have what you need to enjoy your time in the city.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Essex
Reviewed 25 May 2009

8 of us stayed here for 3 nights. The rooms are small but modern, spotless, smart and very well equiped. Staff are very helpful, nothing is too much trouble. 3 star clearly under rates it.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank JohnandCarolineUK
NEWJERSEY
Reviewed 24 May 2009

Hotel Residence Foch (HRF) made our first trip to Paris most enjoyable and comfortable. Nelly and her staff were helpful and gracious in all aspects of our stay. Although not located in the center of Paris the location afforded easy access to CDG airport via Air France shuttle and all parts of Paris via the Metro. The Foch is also within walking distance to Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower. Avenue Victor Hugo is only 10 minutes away with all high end shopping and eateries. The immediate area around HRF is safe and quiet with a glimpse of really living in Paris. We enjoyed the local stores along Rue Pergolese. We most certainly will return to HRF!

1 Thank RichKandCK