“Great option in Paris”

Hotel Residence Foch
Ranked #77 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 8 December 2010

The location is nice quiet street but close to the Champs-Élysées and the Arc de Triomphe. It is perfect place to relax after a day of touring. The Director and the Staff were extremely helpful with sightseeing tips and two local restaurant suggestions that we really enjoyed. The rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfast was on the better end of continental breakfasts with good selection of pastries etc. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larrydarrell7

Reviewed 8 December 2010

Many years ago a dear friend of mine recommended an intimate, comfortable hotel to stay in while in Paris. I had been going to Paris at least 4 times a year, and found the only part of the experience I did not enjoy were the hotels. They were either too big, too impersonal or the language barrier was just difficult to overcome. I felt okay at the Marriott, or the other recognizable hotels, but then when you stay there you could be in Cleveland! No, I desired an experience that made me feel like I had my own house, my own family in a neighborhood (the 16th Arrondissement, it does not get any better in Paris?) that was inviting and distinctly Parisian. This is when my pal said the place to go was the Hotel Residence-Foch. A small hotel, not very expensive, with an exceptionally friendly staff and knowledgeable manger, who also was the owner(how often do you get to meet with the owner of such a highly rated hotel?) Well, since my first stay over 8 years ago, this is the only place I stay when in Paris, and I have recommended the hotel to many others, and at last count have had over 15 friends stay there and they could not thank me enough about it. This gem of a place is a treasure, and I sometimes think that if I recommend it too much, I will never be able to get a room.
The savvy traveler will understand the qualities of this establishment the minute they enter. The spotlessly clean rooms, the friendly and efficient associates, and the delicious morning "cafe and petit dejeuner," and as an American in Paris, I know that every time I stay there I am truly in my "second" home. The best proof that I know of that I am not alone, is that every time I stay at the "RF" as myself and my friend's refer to it, we run into someone we met in previous visits. There is just one of manyreasons this hotel has been rated one of best in Paris for several years, because it is.
If you want to get the total experience while visiting this most wondrous of cities, you will certainly complement your visits to the restaurants, shops and museums, by coming "home" to the comfort and hospitality of the Residence-Foch.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank CitroenCollector
Reviewed 5 December 2010

We've been in Paris for a weekend which was supposed to be memorable! it was but in the bad way... we took this hotel due to it's good feedback on TA but our stay was probably our worst hotel experience in Europe. Rooms are very small and during the night, no way to sleep with our noisy neighbours and the reception was not really interested in our problem!!! Breakfast service is very bad! the guy doing the service should better find a position in a jail!!! no smile, no answer if you say good mng... seems not really happy doin his job!!!unbelievable for someone workin in hospitality business :(( reception staff seems helpful for sure but there still a lot of work to do for this hotel to deserve a 3 * category even if room rates are expensive!!!
really disappointed with this hotel and would never recommand it to a friend :((

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank cavakiereprima
Reviewed 29 November 2010

We only stayed for 1 night at the Residence Foch, but it was the best!
Excellent service by the friendly staff.
The room was clean and the bathroom had a lot of space.
The breakfast was simple, but very good with fruit, croissants, coffee and a boiled egg!
When back in Paris, will definitely go back to this hotel. Thanks for the pleasant stay!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2010

The staff are nice, friendly and helpful. I was happy with the location. The hotel is about 10 mins walk from the two nearest Metro stations Porte Maillot and Porte Dauphine. The striking Arc de Triomphe is around 10-15 mins walk from the hotel and is particularly something to behold at night. You can board a tour bus at the Arc at a cost of 24 Euros (which covers 2 consecutive days travel) and takes you all around the major sites in around 2 hours. It takes about 20 mins from Porte Maillot to the Eiffel Tower using the Metro and changing trains once. For 20 Euros you can buy a Paris Visite travel card and use the Metro at will.

The hotel is in a quiet area and I couldn't hear any noise from outside, however the floorboards creaked like mad. The rooms are all carpeted, but the slightest movement is exacerbated in the night and early hours. I could hear the people next door moving around and it badly affected my sleep. Plus knowing that they could hear me made me really conscious. At 130 Euros a night I did not think it was great value for money, but then again I have never stayed in a hotel in Paris and having read the prices charged by other hotels I guess this would be considered reasonable. The room was clean and charming although not very spacious. Breakfast is separate at 13 Euros but as I rarely eat before noon I ate out when sightseeing anyway. There is free internet access via the the laptops in the bar area - which is a small, but comfortable and cozy area. The lift is the tiniest one I have ever seen in my life. It states that it holds a maximum of three people, but seriously I would like to see three people try to get into it. Unless they are all related or in love it could be quite embarrassing for all concerned. Two of us could barely avoid brushing against each other. Use the stairs instead. It is better for you and yes everyone will hear you going up and down the stairs.

I would recommend the hotel only to my friends who are deep sleepers.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2010

My 23 year old daughter and I stayed here for four days from Nov 12-16, 2010, and would highly recommend. As stated many times the front desk staff couldn't be nicer and helped us in every way possible including providing an electric currency changer so we could use our curling iron. The metro is 3 blocks away and there are several reasonably priced restaurants across from the metro where you can get a very nice continental breakfast for about 7 euro ($10). The metro is extremely easy to use and we had no problem with panhandlers etc. One of our highlights was a trip to Dellerhins, a restaurant supply store that sells retail. We bought a crepe pan, tart pan and several Eiffel tower cookie cutters for about $70--don't forget to ask for a form to get a refund of the VAT tax.
One warning--we bought a La Conierge 3 day metro/museum/boat ride pass that was not as promised. "Free" boat ride wasn't, and there were problems with the museum pass as well. Get a multi day metro pass and decide how many museums you really can see in the days you have and then determine if a pass is a good value for you. I definitely do not recommend the company we used.
All in all our stay in Paris was delightful and we would stay at Hotel Foche again.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank MKKStPaulMN
Reviewed 5 November 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hotel Foch over the summer while we were traveling around Europe. I actually chose this hotel because of the great reviews I read on Trip Advisor. We were NOT disappointed at all! This hotel was excellent from start to finish. First of all, Isabel is the most wonderful concierge - friendly and engaging, and very helpful with suggestions on sights and restaurants. When I booked our room, I chose a deluxe room (very reasonably priced) and was very pleased to find when we arrived that we had the best room in the whole place - the Honeymoon suite, and it wasn't even our honeymoon! The location was great, too. We chose to walk everywhere we went (everything was in walking distance), but if you are opposed to walking around the city, there is an underground station just about a block away. Also, keep in mind when staying at this hotel that the elevator is small and only takes you to the 5th floor (I think it's the 5th) and then you have to walk up the remaining flights of stairs with your luggage if you are on the 6th or 7th floor. We didn't mind! We even had a view of the Eiffel Tower from our little balcony! The temperature in the room was also very comfortable, as there was a little wall unit air conditioner. Finally, I have to mention the other concierge as being excellent, though I never did catch his name! Overall, STAY HERE! It's probably the friendliest place in Paris!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple