“Very nice hotel with very good & friendly service - Great Value!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Residence Foch

Hotel Residence Foch
Ranked #55 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Berlin
“Very nice hotel with very good & friendly service - Great Value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2011

We liked this hotel very much. We've visited Paris quite a few times and have seen a couple of nice hotels already, but the Residence Foch has convinced us especially because the service personel was so extremely friendly and the interior of the house is very welcoming - classy and cosy. Several Métro and RER stations are nearby. The rooms are rather small but that's pretty normal in Paris. The rooms have TV with many channels (e.g. the German ZDF) and Wifi is free of charge. Everything was perfectly clean. We also liked the breakfast buffet. At 13 € it's very reasonable priced in comparison to restaurant prices in Paris. In the internet you can find very good room rates. We would suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

A friend and I wend to Paris for four days and the hotel was perfect for what we were looking for and for the price. We were able to get twin beds and the room was very clean and decorated nicely. You could sometimes hear others in the rooms next door but overall it was quiet and on a quiet and safe street. The staff were fantastic and recommended great sights to see around Paris with great enthusiasm! The hotel is 20 minutes walk from the Arc de Triomphe and was close to the Metro so it was easy to get around the city. I would definitely go back next time I am in Paris and recommend to friends.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

I can recommend the hotel because the rooms were nice and bigger then expected. In addition the rooms are very clean and daily the cleaning stuff is doing a great work. We had also a very warm welcome to the hotel with useful tips and recommendations to nice visiting places. The personnel is very friendly.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2010

We just finished our stay at the Hotel Residence Foch, and I must say we could not be more pleased. Our flight was diverted to Munich and we ended up arriving in Paris 18 hours later than we planned. Our room was waiting for us with the night manager ready to help us in. That level of service continued throughout our 6 day stay, and was definitely the highlight of our trip. The staff, especially the concierge, Chedi, were always helpful. Isabel helped my daughter find the right neighborhood to shop in, Nelly greeted us every morning, and Chedi found restaurants for us, recommended how to adjust our plans for the weather, and assisted us with dinner in our rooms when it was too cold to go out. The only downside was the distance to the metro station, but in pretty much any other weather than heavy snow and below freezing temperatures it wouldn't be an issue. The neighborhood is quite pleasant, with all the conveniences like a bank grocery store, laundromat, wine bar, chocolate shop, etc. nearby.

Thanks again to Nelly, Chedi, and all the staff. We will recommend the Residence Foch to all our friends, and stay again when we return to Paris.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank robnaudrey
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2010

I've traveled to Paris about five times in the past three years, and each time I've stayed at the Residence Foch; I will never stay anywhere else! From the very first time I walked into the hotel, it felt as if I was being welcomed into a family member's house, with warm hospitality and a true family feel. And each time since, they remember my name, smile when I arrive and do everything they can to make me feel just as welcomed as my first visit. While all the staff members are warm, courteous and helpful, the director Nelly is always the highlight of each visit to this hotel. She goes above and beyond, making sure everyone is comfortable, happy and taken care of. This kind of genuine hospitality is hard to come by these days, especially in Europe.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone that is lucky enough to spend some time in Paris. I have stayed at the Residence Foch with my father, two of my good friends, my Fiancé in 2009, and again with my (now) wife in December 2010 during our honeymoon. Aside from the hospitality, the location is fantastic and just a short five minute walk from Porte Maillot. If you are arriving at Charles De Gaulle airport, there is an Air France bus (called Les Cars) which goes directly to Porte Maillot, dropping you off literally 4-5 blocks from the hotel. Further, the hotel is located in a residential neighborhood, on a quiet street away from honking cars and loud bars. Even so, you have great restaurants and cafes just 2-3 blocks away, and a subway station just five minutes away that will take you anywhere in the city.

On my most recent stay, Nelly was kind enough to secure the penthouse room on the top floor (Chambre 71) which has a perfect little terrace and a view of the Eiffel Tower! My wife fell in love with the Eiffel back in 2009, and when we walked onto the terrace only to find a beautiful view of the tower right outside our window, she nearly collapsed! Another highlight of this hotel is the uniqueness that each room offers. Most hotels make every room look the same - same bed, same dresser, same bathroom, etc. However, each time I've stayed at the Residence Foch, I've stayed in a different room, with different furniture, layouts and little French accents. It's got the feel of a house, which when combined with the superb hospitality makes me call the Residence Foch my home away from home.

I'm eagerly awaiting my next visit, hopefully in 2011!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fedge
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2010

The location is nice quiet street but close to the Champs-Élysées and the Arc de Triomphe. It is perfect place to relax after a day of touring. The Director and the Staff were extremely helpful with sightseeing tips and two local restaurant suggestions that we really enjoyed. The rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfast was on the better end of continental breakfasts with good selection of pastries etc. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Larrydarrell7
Chappaqua, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2010

Many years ago a dear friend of mine recommended an intimate, comfortable hotel to stay in while in Paris. I had been going to Paris at least 4 times a year, and found the only part of the experience I did not enjoy were the hotels. They were either too big, too impersonal or the language barrier was just difficult to overcome. I felt okay at the Marriott, or the other recognizable hotels, but then when you stay there you could be in Cleveland! No, I desired an experience that made me feel like I had my own house, my own family in a neighborhood (the 16th Arrondissement, it does not get any better in Paris?) that was inviting and distinctly Parisian. This is when my pal said the place to go was the Hotel Residence-Foch. A small hotel, not very expensive, with an exceptionally friendly staff and knowledgeable manger, who also was the owner(how often do you get to meet with the owner of such a highly rated hotel?) Well, since my first stay over 8 years ago, this is the only place I stay when in Paris, and I have recommended the hotel to many others, and at last count have had over 15 friends stay there and they could not thank me enough about it. This gem of a place is a treasure, and I sometimes think that if I recommend it too much, I will never be able to get a room.
The savvy traveler will understand the qualities of this establishment the minute they enter. The spotlessly clean rooms, the friendly and efficient associates, and the delicious morning "cafe and petit dejeuner," and as an American in Paris, I know that every time I stay there I am truly in my "second" home. The best proof that I know of that I am not alone, is that every time I stay at the "RF" as myself and my friend's refer to it, we run into someone we met in previous visits. There is just one of manyreasons this hotel has been rated one of best in Paris for several years, because it is.
If you want to get the total experience while visiting this most wondrous of cities, you will certainly complement your visits to the restaurants, shops and museums, by coming "home" to the comfort and hospitality of the Residence-Foch.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business