“nice hotel at a reasonable price”

Hotel Residence Foch
Ranked #81 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 16 January 2011

four of us stayed here in january 2011.It is excellent value ,rooms are clean .the hotel is in a residential area so rooms are very quiet .Staff is fabulous ,fluent in english and very helpful .In the neighborhood within easy walking distance are nice restaurants ,cheese and wine shops and great patisseries .One night we bought some cheese and a fine bourdeau and had it back at the hotel another evening we bought a fabulous fruit flan and had it back at the hotel with coffee supplied by the hotel staff.Its a bit out of the way near the bois de boulogne so it is essential to get a paris pass and unlimited pass for four days on the metro to get to all the sights ,its about a half mile walk to the closest metro and then an easy ride to the eiffel tower and all the other sites .Nice continental breakfast provided at the hotel which starts the day off well with fresh croissants etc .arh lafayette louisiana

Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,316)

Reviewed 8 January 2011

Wonderful Paris boutique hotel located close to metro and Arc de Triumph. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Rooms are quaint, but very clean. Would definitely stay here again if we return to Paris.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2011

We liked this hotel very much. We've visited Paris quite a few times and have seen a couple of nice hotels already, but the Residence Foch has convinced us especially because the service personel was so extremely friendly and the interior of the house is very welcoming - classy and cosy. Several Métro and RER stations are nearby. The rooms are rather small but that's pretty normal in Paris. The rooms have TV with many channels (e.g. the German ZDF) and Wifi is free of charge. Everything was perfectly clean. We also liked the breakfast buffet. At 13 € it's very reasonable priced in comparison to restaurant prices in Paris. In the internet you can find very good room rates. We would suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2011

A friend and I wend to Paris for four days and the hotel was perfect for what we were looking for and for the price. We were able to get twin beds and the room was very clean and decorated nicely. You could sometimes hear others in the rooms next door but overall it was quiet and on a quiet and safe street. The staff were fantastic and recommended great sights to see around Paris with great enthusiasm! The hotel is 20 minutes walk from the Arc de Triomphe and was close to the Metro so it was easy to get around the city. I would definitely go back next time I am in Paris and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I can recommend the hotel because the rooms were nice and bigger then expected. In addition the rooms are very clean and daily the cleaning stuff is doing a great work. We had also a very warm welcome to the hotel with useful tips and recommendations to nice visiting places. The personnel is very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We just finished our stay at the Hotel Residence Foch, and I must say we could not be more pleased. Our flight was diverted to Munich and we ended up arriving in Paris 18 hours later than we planned. Our room was waiting for us with the night manager ready to help us in. That level of service continued throughout our 6 day stay, and was definitely the highlight of our trip. The staff, especially the concierge, Chedi, were always helpful. Isabel helped my daughter find the right neighborhood to shop in, Nelly greeted us every morning, and Chedi found restaurants for us, recommended how to adjust our plans for the weather, and assisted us with dinner in our rooms when it was too cold to go out. The only downside was the distance to the metro station, but in pretty much any other weather than heavy snow and below freezing temperatures it wouldn't be an issue. The neighborhood is quite pleasant, with all the conveniences like a bank grocery store, laundromat, wine bar, chocolate shop, etc. nearby.

Thanks again to Nelly, Chedi, and all the staff. We will recommend the Residence Foch to all our friends, and stay again when we return to Paris.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank robnaudrey
Reviewed 26 December 2010

I've traveled to Paris about five times in the past three years, and each time I've stayed at the Residence Foch; I will never stay anywhere else! From the very first time I walked into the hotel, it felt as if I was being welcomed into a family member's house, with warm hospitality and a true family feel. And each time since, they remember my name, smile when I arrive and do everything they can to make me feel just as welcomed as my first visit. While all the staff members are warm, courteous and helpful, the director Nelly is always the highlight of each visit to this hotel. She goes above and beyond, making sure everyone is comfortable, happy and taken care of. This kind of genuine hospitality is hard to come by these days, especially in Europe.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone that is lucky enough to spend some time in Paris. I have stayed at the Residence Foch with my father, two of my good friends, my Fiancé in 2009, and again with my (now) wife in December 2010 during our honeymoon. Aside from the hospitality, the location is fantastic and just a short five minute walk from Porte Maillot. If you are arriving at Charles De Gaulle airport, there is an Air France bus (called Les Cars) which goes directly to Porte Maillot, dropping you off literally 4-5 blocks from the hotel. Further, the hotel is located in a residential neighborhood, on a quiet street away from honking cars and loud bars. Even so, you have great restaurants and cafes just 2-3 blocks away, and a subway station just five minutes away that will take you anywhere in the city.

On my most recent stay, Nelly was kind enough to secure the penthouse room on the top floor (Chambre 71) which has a perfect little terrace and a view of the Eiffel Tower! My wife fell in love with the Eiffel back in 2009, and when we walked onto the terrace only to find a beautiful view of the tower right outside our window, she nearly collapsed! Another highlight of this hotel is the uniqueness that each room offers. Most hotels make every room look the same - same bed, same dresser, same bathroom, etc. However, each time I've stayed at the Residence Foch, I've stayed in a different room, with different furniture, layouts and little French accents. It's got the feel of a house, which when combined with the superb hospitality makes me call the Residence Foch my home away from home.

I'm eagerly awaiting my next visit, hopefully in 2011!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple