“Worst japanese restaurant ever!”
Review of Taissei

Taissei
Ranked #3,033 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Montparnasse
Milan, Italy
“Worst japanese restaurant ever!”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I've been at a number of different Japanese restaurants in Paris with my gf and this has been definitely the worst.
Service was bad, we've been seated by our waiter with another group of 4 people even if the restaurant had plenty of space and we received the check as soon as we had our very last piece of (bad bad bad) sushi.
Yes this restaurant is cheaper than many other in the Montparnasse area but sushi was made of a big ball of rice and a very thin slice of fish and I believe that when it comes to quality and freshness of food, I'd rather spend more than save money and getting sick (like we did this time in Taissei).
Don't eat in this restaurant!!!

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
“Finally, good food in Paris”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stumbled by this place while exploring the area near our hotel. After multiple unimpressive food experiences in Paris, combined with the high price of food, we were very happy to find this place. Please note, we live in LA where we are use to spending $$ for food and accustomed to the some of the best sushi in the world. We were just looking for some good food at an affordable price for a change and came across Taissei. This place was great! A ton of food and the sushi was fresh. I am a salmon lover and found this salmon to be the fresh, buttery taste I am use to. My husband and I recommend checking this place out if you're in the Montparnasse area!

• Visited May 2012
New York City, New York
“Excellent sushi”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My favourite Japanese restaurant in Paris. Good food quality and very fair portions at a good price. Definitely a must go if you're up for a quick bite or an informal dinner between friends.

• Visited March 2012