“Great wee hotel!”

Ranked #1,148 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Glasgow
“Great wee hotel!”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We.ve just returned from six days at this hotel, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, I'll start with the not so good points. They did nothing to spoil my enjoyment, but they may be things that matter to you. The rooms, like most in this sort of hotel, are small. There is no shower screen or curtain, so it's hard to avoid soaking the floor. There is no drawer storage, and just one small wardrobe, which also houses the minibar.And the lift is the smallest I have ever seen!
The staff are extremely pleasant and helpful. Rooms are cleaned daily, and we had three changes of bed linen in our six night stay. Air conditioning was very welcome, and worked well.The hotel is only a few steps away from Metro line 4, and a bit further from another couple of lines ( which I can't remember ) Bus stops are only a short distance away, and you can get a bus direct to the Invalides and Eiffel Tower, and another one goes to the Louvre. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants, though some are on the pricey side. We paid 15 euros for a beer and a glass of wine in Le Select, just across from the hotel, but the usual cost is 10 euros, which is about average in this kind of area. Having said that, in the Cuban Cafe next door, there is a Happy Hour from 5-8, where cocktails atre 5 euros, and beer is half price. I really enjoyed my stay here, and will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mharie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 July 2011

It's hard to rate an older hotel against newer ones. One may drop the rating because the bathrooms may not be as large or updated as others. Or, as is the case with Atelier Saint Germain (used to be named Atelier Montparnasse), you drop the rating because of the tiny claustrophobic elevator that lifts you up to the sixth floor. So we rate this average, but that doesn't tell the full story. This hotel is perfectly situated in busy Montparnasse. Everything is easily walkable and a half block from the Metro. The hotel is very charming and historic. Each room has an early 1900's custom unique mosaic in the bathroom that has been preserved. An artsy touch. Our room was comfortable, clean and very quiet...we never heard a sound and slept very well. The decor was dated, but the size of the room was slightly larger than some of the other typically small French hotel rooms we stayed in. One very nice and memorable thing was the night staff who checked us in. They were extremely friendly and helpful with a good sense of humor. Since we couldn't fit in the tiny elevator with luggage, they volunteered to leave their front desk post and bring our luggage up on the next trip. They did so with a smile and no expectation of a tip. We enjoyed chatting with them.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaulofSeattle
East Rochester, New York
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I had always wanted to go to Paris and had researched what I would do when I got there . After much research and using several websites decided to stay at this hotel. I was not disappointed. The staff were friendly and helpful. Which was a big plus considering it was my first trip in Europe, by myself and I don't speak French. The hotel is located near two metro stops as well as a bus stop. The neighborhood is safe and I would walk home by myself quite often. Kim's recommendations on the Cafe's in the area were right on. The area has Cafe's, Bars, movie theaters, Crepe Stands a drugstore everything you could need. Kim and Mustafa would spend time answering my questions about what it is like living in Paris year round, to be a student ect. My room was very comfortable. They pushed two twin beds together, there was a desk and wall mounted tv and a small closet. The bathroom was quite spacious. Everything was very clean and no mold in the bathroom which the bathroom looked brand new. I had read that the rooms in Europe are small so I had expected something smaller so I was pleasantly surprised. I really only spent time in my room sleeping because I am a get out and see the town type of gal. If I ever get back to Paris this is where I am staying.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Annebeers
Reviewed 5 April 2011

A very nice hotel in the center of Paris ( in My center of Paris). I have stater thre for 5 or 6 Times' and I like it very much. But hos can the new management have renande it to à place tjat is not even near the new name. However I Will return in Teo weeks and then again. My regards to My friends Bineta, Nina, Kim and Mustafa. Must be the best hotel staff in ( My) Paris

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank Stickan1955
Orange County, CA
Reviewed 9 November 2010

This hotel was a cute little hotel in the heart of the Montparnasse area of Paris. The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful and our room was well maintained. As with most hotel rooms we have encountered in Europe, this one was quite small and the bathroom was an odd shape. However, the metro stop was just around the corner, Boulevard Montparnasse was steps away, and there were plenty of restaurants and shopping close by. I would recommend this hotel to travelers looking for a nice, clean hotel with a great location.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Stayed at this hotel with a friend for 4 nights. The location is great. Good restaurants nearby and metro stop just around the corner. And wonderful to be so close to the Luxembourg garden, where you can go for a nice jog or just hang out and relax, when you need a break from museums and other attractions. The room is small and modest but nice and cozy. The door to the bathroom didn't work very well, so a little embarrassing if you travel with somebody you're not very close with. But probably just a problem in our room and not in all of them. I enjoyed my stay there and will soon go back to PAris again and decided to stay in the same area but try out another hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Aarschot, Belgium
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I stayed in this hotel for one night. The rooms are well kept and recenty renovated. Nice rooms for Paris. The location is quite central, metro quite close. The only weak point is the modest (French) breakfast. Still, I had worse in Paris. Overall, I would say this is a fair hotel in Paris.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business