All reviewshotel de villebhv department storerooms are smallgreat locationmarais districtnotre damecentre pompidouboutique hotelroom keysingle roomrestaurants and barsgreat areaheart of parishotel roomstreet noiseshort staynice breakfast
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Stayed in a double standard, which was very small but as expected for Paris. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. It was a squeeze to fit everything in the closet, but I didn't spend much time in the room in any case. I should add that although the room faced the street (which could be quite busy), it remained very quiet inside. The lobby was quite comfortable too and the breakfast was simple but excellent (there are at least a dozen cafes with a block radius but the hotel restaurant opens much earlier). What really stands out is the location in the heart of the Marais: walking distance to everything. It's not exactly a luxury experience but a very nice and friendly boutique hotel. I would happily stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ButIRamble
Agnese P, Première de réception at Hotel Duo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear ButIRamble,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us!

I am delighted that you loved so many different aspects about your stay in our hotel.

Hotel Duo is located in the Marais district in a historical building, some categories of rooms are indeed less spacious. Please keep in mind that we propose 7 types of rooms from Single Standard 11m² to Duo Suite of 40m².
Marais is unique mix of historic and new, the neighbourhood boasts an impressive list of quirky and worthwhile sights. The friendly reception desk will be thrilled to help you to discover this incomparable area.

Thank you again for so kind words, we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Warmest regards,
Hotel Duo Team

Reviewed 5 November 2017

This hotel was a welcome surprise. Modern, well designed, and comfortable as well as centrally located in the Marais near many cafes, restaurants and the metro. The staff is friendly and very helpful if you need advice on Paris sights. The bar is relaxing and the bartender is friendly too. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Paris!

Room Tip: The Junior Suite is the best room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank chand01
Agnese P, Responsable réception at Hotel Duo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear chand01,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us.

I am naturally thrilled to read your feedback with regards to your experience at the Duo.

It is excellent to read that you found our bedrooms and facilities to be modern and well designed. Our rooms are each decorated by Jean Philippe Nuel, a design which runs exclusively through the Hotel.

We work with great compassion and sincerity, and always wish for our guests to consider themselves very much part of our Duo Family.

It is quite an honour to read that you felt your stay was relaxing, and I do hope that I can welcome you back personally upon your next stay with us at Duo.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I have just come back from a two night stay at Hotel Duo which I booked through Presigia. Agreed listed price was 190 Euros per night for single occupancy. I have just got home and seen the receipt for my stay and seen that I was charged 230 Euros per night. This is 80 euros extra which I did not agree to and has been sneakily added to the bill. I have contacted the hotel but have yet to hear anything back. Very poor indeed. Would suggest people avoid. Additionally, very small rooms, on a very busy street with single pane glass windows so no break from the road noise at all. That coupled with the most uncomfortable large yet utterly unsupportive pillows I have ever come across, meant hardly any sleep at all.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank agoogly
Agnese P, Responsable réception at Hotel Duo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Agoogly,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Hotel Duo.

I was naturally extremely sorry to read your feedback this afternoon, and to know that you left the hotel with such disappointment. I was further saddened that you did not share your impressions with me when I asked you personally if you enjoyed your stay.

I regret to read that you were under the impression that an extra charge was added to the bill, though the charge you do describe was a miscommunication between hotel and the agency Prestigia. The full amount was refunded to you at 7 AM on the next day after your departure.
I have since reviewed the accuracy of our data transmission with Prestigia, just to ensure we are avoiding any confusion which could led to a misinterpretation.

I have further looked again in the detail of each point you mentioned:
I was saddened to hear you consider our rooms to be small, if you would have given us the information that you did not enjoy the room we would certainly propose you another one according to the availabilities. We offer a 7 room types of different size and arrangement from Single Standard 11m² to Duo Suite 40m², please feel free to contact us for any additional information on room facilities.
Secondly all our rooms are equipped with double glazed windows that ensure the optimal sound isolation in the centre of Paris. We wish you would have told us about your preferences, as we do propose a courtyard facing rooms for our dear guests with light sleep.
Thirdly our pillows have been recently changed and could seem to be too ‘large’ because of being brand new. And again we wish you had informed us as we have a different types of pillows available on request.
I was astonished to learn of your overall disappointment, and you noting only 1 of 5 points to Service and Tidiness though not mentioning any information why, as we are proud to have all of our guests to be satisfied of housekeeping work and non-allergic products used.

I am saddened that you left us with such an impression, however I appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. Should you wish to discuss your stay with me personally, I would be grateful for this opportunity, and can be reached any time directly at the Hotel or by email.

Yours sincerely,
Hotel Duo Team

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel has a good location in Marais. We like it. It is within walking distant to all the places we are interested in visiting.
The receptionists are friendly, especially STEFAN who is extremely helpful and always has a smile on his face. It makes one happy to see a smiling face .We have stayed many times at this hotel. Rooms are pretty small but for us, the location is important.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jetsetters2015
Agnese P, Responsable réception at Hotel Duo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear jetsetters2015,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at Hotel Duo!

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and especially your nice words about Stefan, he is indeed our sunshine!

We take great pride in ensuring that each of our guests is made to feel very much at home at Duo. I really am incredibly lucky to have such an amazing team caring for our guests, and so I am thrilled to see their hospitality recognised!

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Duo, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I had walked by the Hotel Duo many times on my trips to Paris. I recently needed a hotel for a couple of nights, and I remembered the Hotel Duo. The hotel sits in the heart the Marais just off of the rue de Rivoli. Surrounded by small, upscale shops, restaurants, and great walking areas. The hotel has nice rooms that are comfortable and to date. I found the rooms to meet my needs for comfort, space, connectability with a touch of trendy. The staff is very nice and helpful. There is a nice bar and lounge in the lobby that appears to be popular with the younger professionals. In the mornings, there is nice breakfast in the same space. Great boutique hotel and will probably stay there next week.....if I can get in.

Room Tip: Have a drink in the lobby and then explore the area, and take in the Picasso Museum
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear maxdanger,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review.

We are all so pleased to read your kind words, and to know that you felt very well cared for during your stay with us at Hotel Duo.
As you had mentioned The Marais has number of trendy shops and restaurants, as well as its own department store, the BHV Marais.
We are truly lucky to be in this spot-on location, a steps away from Notre Dame, Hotel de Ville and Place des Vosges.

Feedback of every guest is very important to us, and I wanted to thank you again for taking the time to detail your stay.

I truly hope that we will be able to welcome you back again, and if we can do anything at all for you in order to help to organise your next stay with us, please do let us know.

Warm regards,