All reviewshotel de villebhv department storerooms are smallgreat locationmarais districtnotre damecentre pompidouboutique hotelroom keysingle roomrestaurants and barsgreat areaheart of parishotel roomstreet noiseshort staynice breakfast
Reviewed 25 December 2017

This is a great boutique hotel, in a fantastic location - it is 5 minutes away from the Hotel de Ville metro station. The rooms are small but comfortable, and the breakfast is more than adequate. There is also a small bar which is a good place to start the evening. There are lots of very good restaurants nearby and the staff members are very helpful with recommendations and reservations. It is slightly pricier than some other surrounding hotels but it is well worth it.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank sus67
DirectionHotelDuo, Première de Réception at Hotel Duo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Hotel Duo.

We were naturally so pleased to read that you had a wonderful time with us, finding our property to be among the best. This is praise indeed, and we are over the moon by your truly very kind comment.

It is great to know that you especially enjoyed our comfortable and well-designed rooms, by Jean-Philippe Nuel. We offer a different room types from 11m² to 40m², please do not hesitate to visit our official web site for more details about each room category.

On behalf of the team and I at Duo, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Fantastic hotel in the Marais right on top of Hotel De Ville. a metro station seconds away
and a whole bunch of great restaurants. if you into the shopping scene this is the place to be in. when there locate "les philosophes"

Room Tip: nothing here.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rafi R

Dear Rafi R,

Thank you for lovely review following from your stay with us at Hotel Duo.

We were so pleased to read your fabulous comments this morning. This is absolutely wonderful, and my team is thrilled.

The team works exceptionally hard to make sure that each and every guests stay is as special as can be, and to create truly unique and memorable experiences.

I hope very much that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to Duo on your next visit to Paris.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave us such a kind review.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Stayed in a double standard, which was very small but as expected for Paris. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. It was a squeeze to fit everything in the closet, but I didn't spend much time in the room in any case. I should add that although the room faced the street (which could be quite busy), it remained very quiet inside. The lobby was quite comfortable too and the breakfast was simple but excellent (there are at least a dozen cafes with a block radius but the hotel restaurant opens much earlier). What really stands out is the location in the heart of the Marais: walking distance to everything. It's not exactly a luxury experience but a very nice and friendly boutique hotel. I would happily stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ButIRamble
Agnese P, Première de réception at Hotel Duo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear ButIRamble,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us!

I am delighted that you loved so many different aspects about your stay in our hotel.

Hotel Duo is located in the Marais district in a historical building, some categories of rooms are indeed less spacious. Please keep in mind that we propose 7 types of rooms from Single Standard 11m² to Duo Suite of 40m².
Marais is unique mix of historic and new, the neighbourhood boasts an impressive list of quirky and worthwhile sights. The friendly reception desk will be thrilled to help you to discover this incomparable area.

Thank you again for so kind words, we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2017

This hotel was a welcome surprise. Modern, well designed, and comfortable as well as centrally located in the Marais near many cafes, restaurants and the metro. The staff is friendly and very helpful if you need advice on Paris sights. The bar is relaxing and the bartender is friendly too. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Paris!

Room Tip: The Junior Suite is the best room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank chand01
Agnese P, Responsable réception at Hotel Duo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear chand01,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us.

I am naturally thrilled to read your feedback with regards to your experience at the Duo.

It is excellent to read that you found our bedrooms and facilities to be modern and well designed. Our rooms are each decorated by Jean Philippe Nuel, a design which runs exclusively through the Hotel.

We work with great compassion and sincerity, and always wish for our guests to consider themselves very much part of our Duo Family.

It is quite an honour to read that you felt your stay was relaxing, and I do hope that I can welcome you back personally upon your next stay with us at Duo.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I have just come back from a two night stay at Hotel Duo which I booked through Presigia. Agreed listed price was 190 Euros per night for single occupancy. I have just got home and seen the receipt for my stay and seen that I was charged 230 Euros per night. This is 80 euros extra which I did not agree to and has been sneakily added to the bill. I have contacted the hotel but have yet to hear anything back. Very poor indeed. Would suggest people avoid. Additionally, very small rooms, on a very busy street with single pane glass windows so no break from the road noise at all. That coupled with the most uncomfortable large yet utterly unsupportive pillows I have ever come across, meant hardly any sleep at all.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank agoogly
Agnese P, Responsable réception at Hotel Duo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Agoogly,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Hotel Duo.

I was naturally extremely sorry to read your feedback this afternoon, and to know that you left the hotel with such disappointment. I was further saddened that you did not share your impressions with me when I asked you personally if you enjoyed your stay.

I regret to read that you were under the impression that an extra charge was added to the bill, though the charge you do describe was a miscommunication between hotel and the agency Prestigia. The full amount was refunded to you at 7 AM on the next day after your departure.
I have since reviewed the accuracy of our data transmission with Prestigia, just to ensure we are avoiding any confusion which could led to a misinterpretation.

I have further looked again in the detail of each point you mentioned:
I was saddened to hear you consider our rooms to be small, if you would have given us the information that you did not enjoy the room we would certainly propose you another one according to the availabilities. We offer a 7 room types of different size and arrangement from Single Standard 11m² to Duo Suite 40m², please feel free to contact us for any additional information on room facilities.
Secondly all our rooms are equipped with double glazed windows that ensure the optimal sound isolation in the centre of Paris. We wish you would have told us about your preferences, as we do propose a courtyard facing rooms for our dear guests with light sleep.
Thirdly our pillows have been recently changed and could seem to be too ‘large’ because of being brand new. And again we wish you had informed us as we have a different types of pillows available on request.
I was astonished to learn of your overall disappointment, and you noting only 1 of 5 points to Service and Tidiness though not mentioning any information why, as we are proud to have all of our guests to be satisfied of housekeeping work and non-allergic products used.

I am saddened that you left us with such an impression, however I appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. Should you wish to discuss your stay with me personally, I would be grateful for this opportunity, and can be reached any time directly at the Hotel or by email.

Yours sincerely,