“cute hotel”
Review of Hotel du 7e Art

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel du 7e Art
Ranked #1,375 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 24 September 2012

It is a simple and cute hotel. The staff are friendly and we had our breakfast and internet included.
The room was very small, but good enough. The only bad thing about this hotel is that there is no elevator!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yrd79

Reviewed 22 September 2012

I like this place just fine - its quaint, they were really nice at the front desk, it's in a great location.

BUT they really need some decor update. The sheets/comforter/curtains were like 1970s style. The towels were paper thin (and the shampoo was like in a pouch, really???) If they updated the rooms, I would have been 100% happy.

The rooms are small (like you would expect in Paris), but it is really close to the train station (St Pauls) and a very short walk to the river.

I'd stay here again...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2012

It isn't fancy, but the location is great, the staff is always friendly, and it feels lie home. I've been staying i this hotel, almost annually, since 1998.

When someone else is paying, I sometimes stay in fancier hotels, but this is a terrific venue, and often forgo anything fancier even on someone else's euro.

It is spartan and small, but it is always clean. Its location in the Marais is good for serious sightseeing or casual strolling about. Convenient to metros, free wifi. On a quiet street in a busier neighborhood

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so request a low floor if that matters to you
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank santjordi
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I have just returned from Paris. 3 weeks in June and now back at home in Las Vegas. I always stay at this hotel. Great location. Out the door to the left and your at the Seine. Out the door to the right and up to the Marais area. A very interesting place. Posters and photos of american movies all over the place. great poster of Fred Astaire and Ginger and so many more. I love the photo on the stairs of Frank Sinatra recording at Capitol. The owners and the staff work hard at being friendly and helpful. Need maps of area or the metro, they have them and will give them to you. The St. Paul metro is close by and from there you can go anywhere. This is a small but affordable hotel. And in Paris that is important. I will stay here again next year if God willing. Oh and this lyear i grought my laptop wtih me. Their WiFi works great in the lobby and in my room.

Room Tip: I like to get a room facing the street and then I can see what is weather is like.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank WaltersLV
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The location is perfect as it is just next to the seine. We can walk to the Sainte-Chapelle, Notre Dame in 15 minutes. The metro station is very close also. The room is very much average though the bed is comfortable. We had a very good sleep after full day sightseeing.

Also, there are some good restaurants nearby.

Anyway, we enjoyed staying in this hotel very much.

Room Tip: Better to choose a room on 2nd floor when you book the room because there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Hello! I spent 4 wonderful days in Paris here at the 7e Art. Wonderful location (very close to everything we wanted to see) and very comfortable room. 2 things in particular impressed me...

.first, I studied French before coming on the trip and I was so gratified to put my language into practice with 2 of your front desk people. I know they spoke fluent English, but they were very willing to help me improve so that I could enjoy even more my trips to France. (of which there will be more...and soon!)

Secondly, I forgot my camera charger in my room and alerted the hotel a few days later when I discovered it missing. While it was not found immediately (it turns out one of the other guests inadvertently picked it up, but realizing it was not theirs, returned it to the hotel. What a great class of people who stay at this hotel! Really fantastic!) So, the 7e Art contacted me and are sending it to me, here in Texas! at their own cost! Very generous. Thanks again for a wonderful experience! I will certainly be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank suhoustown
Reviewed 13 June 2012

This hotel was excellent for my needs. Location was outstanding, rooms were quite clean, bed was comfortable, and I felt secure as a single female traveler. I appreciated that my room was ready by 10 a.m.--giving me another day in Paris by being able to duck in for a quick shower after an overnight flight before heading out for a full day. Reception staff was attentive and helpful. I'd recommend against the breakfast. For 8 euro you can do better at the Paul's bakery around the corner. (The milk for the coffee was spoilt, and they served plastic-packed processed cheese.) I appreciated that they had a hair dryer to lend and someone offered to help me carry my bag up the stairs (no elevator.) Walls were thin when neighbors checked in. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo