“Once again, it was great.”
Review of Hotel du 7e Art

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel du 7e Art
Ranked #1,320 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Las Vegas, NV
“Once again, it was great.”
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Again this year I stayed at Hotel du 7th Art. It was great. A small and friendly place. The owners and the staff are all so helpful. I like the location. Out the door and to the right and you go into the Marais area. Out the door and to left and down 2 blocks to the Seine. Wonderful. Metro is 2 blocks away and line 1 takes you everywhere. I'm from Las Vegas and know the hotel business and this hotel knows what they are doing. I don't speak French and the staff here helps me get around. I really like this place.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
auckland
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I travelled alone and stayed in this hotel for 5 nights, and felt very safe. The staff are very friendly, and the location is incredible - walk down the end of the street and the Seine is right there. There are also very cute vintage/antique stores on the same street, the Marais maze of streets and shopping is nearby, and the Metro stop is very close too.

No lift, but if I can carry my heavy suitcase up the stairs to level 3, anyone can!

I stayed in 2 seperate rooms as I booked very last minute (they told me I would have to swap rooms before I booked). The first was a small double, which was quite small but completely fine - the bathroom was tiny, even for me. A small window opened out onto some rooftops; very cute and very quiet.

The second room was a lot louder, located at the front of the hotel overlooking the street. It was a larger double room, with a bigger bathroom. You can hear everything on the street below - cars, people, motorbikes zooming past - but if you have earplugs then you can sleep.

It's not a luxury hotel, but really good if you want somewhere cheap(ish), central and safe. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 June 2010

It was my 1st time in Paris and a friend recommended this hotel. I was running late because of a flight delay and called them to let them know. When I arrived Jean Marc (receptionist at the front desk) was so nice and kind and actually said he was worried about me being stuck at the airport. It was very sweet. It's true, there's no elevator but I got help with my suitcases on the way up to the room and down. The staff was lovely (especially Jean Marc!) and the place is cute and cozy. I found it clean, comfortable and extremely central. I loved all the cafes, restaurants and shops near by. It is walking distance to Hotel Deville, Notre Dame and The Louvre. I just walked everywhere! The location/area was safe too. Only downside is the expensive charge for using the computer in the hotel lobby (5eu an hour) and it has to be used in a consecutive hours and they charge 5eu whether you use it for 10 minutes or 60 minutes. But still, don't let this stop you from staying and this fab place. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
san francisco
Reviewed 16 February 2010

If you are looking for the perfect hotel for your vacation- find this hotel at 20 rue St. Paul 75004 Paris. The location is excellent- close to transportation, bus and metro lines 1 & 7 easily walkable to the following attractions- Le Marais, Bastille, Louvre, Notre Dame. Just blocks from the Seine. The staff is extremely helpful and can assist you with all your travel needs. The rooms are very Parisian and quaint. You can not find a better value for your dollar!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 October 2009

I read the reviews here before booking this hotel. And, knowing what I know about smallish hotels in old European cities...people's experiences can vary widely depending on their expectations and their room..they vary floor to floor room to room!

We dealt with the hotel via e-mail, specified what we required, booked one of the priceier rooms, though just a standard double with bath, and got exactly what we asked for. And "priceier" is indeed relative as the Marais can be an expensive part of town!

Room #23, "matrimonial bed", A/C(though only from 1700-0900..fine with me , and it was not hot while we were there), bathtub, safe, small fridge, street view(and a lovely little street it is!)and plenty of movie posters, stills, etc. as decoration! I'm told the smaller , less expensive rooms are not as well appointed but that is a "get what you pay for" thing.

Are the furnishings a bit worn? Yes but clean. Do you get anything more than a couple of bars of soap in the bathroom..,,no..but you can bring your own or buy in the round the corner Monoprix.

No elevator...if that is a problem..don't stay here. IBut I've stayed in hotels with elevators but our room was in the part of the hotel where you had to climb a spiral staircase! I've stayed in a large elevator hotel where you had to climb a spiral staircase to get to the bedroom part of your room!!!

The location is perfect for Metro(yes the closest stop is not a "correspondence" stop, but Bastille the next one is and is aslo easily walkable!), cafes, shopping, restaurants, attractions, easy crossing of the Seine, etc. And things are open on Sunday!

The older staff members are a bit more attentive than the younger but all friendly and approachable.

Yes, they give you a code for after midnight, and ask you to pay the night before checkout...but it is a reasonable, 2 star hotel in a highly desirable location. They do have a cute bar/cafe/store area where we had wine one rainy evening after dinner.
Could they spruce it up and have 24 hour desk..sure some of the smaller hotels (now called boutique hotels)in the area and elsewhere in the City have. Are they still affordable?
That too is relative....but I hope this place stays charmingly as it is!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank geordy
Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2009

Stayed here for two nights and found it to be very good.

We paid extra for a larger room and found it good value for money. very close to metro. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed 13 September 2009

If you have read the many positive reviews and recommendations from travel guides, and are considering this reasonably priced hotel, please bear in mind that:

1. There is no lift, so have fun dragging your luggage up the narrow stairways. Good luck if you got a room on the 3rd floor.

2. There is only wireless internet at the lobby. If you want to use the hotel's computer terminal, you have to pay.

3. Reception is not opened 24 hours, so if you have an early morning flight, or you want to come back to the hotel after midnight, you need to use a side door to enter/exit

4. Hotel staff is not helpful. When asked why the internet connection disappeared at the lobby at one point, the staff just shrugged his shoulder and uttered 'I don't know'.

5. Terribly small room and bathroom. if you are a big sized person, you will find it very difficult to navigate about the cramped bathroom.

6. Towels provided are somewhat damp and smelled funny.

7. The location isnt that great as well, contrary to what others said. Yes, its 5 min walk from the st paul station, which is on the train line useful for sightseeing, but is not an interchange station and not convenient for airport transfers (RER line B). The pubs and restaurants are on the other side of Rue de Rivoli, closer to Hotel de Ville station, so you need to walk bout 10 min more to get there.

I had stayed in 4 different hotels during my europe trip and this one is by far the worse. Yes true to the reviews, its quirky and you can see a lot of movie memorabilia all over the hotel, but this quirkiness is not enough to compensate for the above mentioned issues I had with the hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lehlioman

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels