“Lovely Hotel - Terrible Staff” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Keppler

Hotel Keppler
Ranked #28 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel - Terrible Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

The hotel is beautiful. Yet the staff we found quite rude. I bought the trip to Paris for my girlfriend to attend a cooking class in france, a dream of hers as an xmas present. To cut a long story short we missed the cooking class. We arrived in Paris at 12pm and when we arrived at the hotel the time was 2pm, which, with the one hour time difference the time seemed reasonable. The alarm was set and it turned out the time in our room was an hour fast and that we had subsequently missed our class, at my expense.

Later that afternoon I complained to the concierge, as I didn't expect this from a expensive hotel and I had wasted my money and the trip. He said he would email management. We heard nothing. The next day upon leaving, I asked the other concierge (Cedric) for an email address for me to be able to follow up my complaint. Cedric referred to me as 'the alarm clock guy' and said it was not his problem, the whole time looking down his nose at me. He stated that I should have checked the time ( however I didn't turn my phone on due to roaming charges and because I didn't want to be disturbed by the office) and that he has checked with his manager and the response was that ' we are not liable '

I should have perhaps double checked the time - but the response of the hotel was discraceful, making me look idiotic and not welcome.

Never again Keppler.

Room Tip: Your money will be better spent elsewhere
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
20 Thank Gayney86

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

I am a very fussy traveler and was so excited to see that this Hotel fit the bill for everything I love about smaller hotels. The staff was AMAZING.. everyone could not have been more helpful and accomodating.. beginning with the emals online for reservations. We stayed 7 nights all together in an executive room that was quiet and well decorated. The traditional rooms did look small, but again quite well decorated and cozy and modern for for Europe I believe. The main rooms were absolutely beautiful. Just the right size and so comforting to return to after a day of sightseeing or after dinner. Once i figure out how to post pictures I will show you..

Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2011

We spend a perfect long weekend in Paris. Our choice to stay was "Keppler" - a perfect small design hotel in a heart of Paris. Our compliments goes to overall experience with this hotel - rooms and hotel interior are designed with great taste and sense for balance, staff was very polite, helpful and friendly, and the location is perfect - near Arc de Triumph and 3 metro stations... Our definite choice if we come back to Paris. Highly recommend!

Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

My partner stayed here some time ago while on business in Paris. He raved and raved about the place. When I decided to join him in Paris for a few days for my 40th birthday celebrations he insisted we stay at the Keppler. I now see what all the fuss was about.

It is utterly superb. The decor is the first thing that greets you, even before you pass through the front door. The simple black banner hanging outside with the crisp white letters and the beautiful little pruned bushes at the door in vibrant green give you a taste of things to come.

The decor is based around black touches, accents, accessories and pieces of furniture. However, the feeling you get once inside is one of total comfort and oodles of calm luxury. It is one of the most beautiful boutique hotels I've ever seen.

The staff is super efficient and the best thing is they're not in your face all the time. They're there when you need them and know their stuff.

The breakfasts are wonderful. Try the pancakes. Oh my goodness! The little breakfast room is just amazing. The very clever little trick of the eye makes you feel as if you're dining in an open conservatory. Beautiful!

If you're looking for a centrally located, comfortable, tasteful and welcoming home from home in Paris then I can STRONGLY suggest the Keppler.

I'm checking out in the morning and I will truly miss this perfect little jewel in the heart of Paris.

1 Thank Marius71
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

This hotel is quite a find. The staff knew the city, and made good suggestions where to eat. They were very courteous and accommodating. The room was clean, and well kept. The entire experience was positive. The room was dead quiet, and we were even on the street side. Not sure how they soundproof, but it works! A+

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

This is my first review, I was compelled to write this review due to my stay here at the Hotel Keppler. I am writing this review as we prepare to check out, our stay here has been exceptional, the rooms are spacious, beautiful, and equipped with all you could possibly need. The real beauty of this hotel though is the service, in an age where we have all come to expect mediocre service, the Hotel Keppler has decided to go a different direction. From the moment we arrived everyone was great, the first night when we decided to have a bottle of wine in the little fireplace area of the bar they not only brought us the wine, but Simon the bartender also brough us sausage, cheese, crackers, these great little pickles, etc... All of the food was provided to us free, it maid a perfect little meal. On our last night my wife was not feeling well and wanted to stay in, she wanted pizza which wasn't on the room service menu, one call to the front desk and they sent someone out to a local pizza place and brought us back one of he best pizzas we have ever had. I could go on and on here, this was just a fantastic hotel, don't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed March 2011
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

I just returned from our 4 night stay at the Hotel Keppler. My husband and I went with another couple, great friends, to celebrate my 40th bday. We arrived early in the morning, not expecting our room to be ready, but to drop our bags. Instead we were invited to enjoy breakfast in the beautiful breakfast room and when we were done our room would be ready. After breakfast they offered us an upgrade to the 2 BR penthouse suite instead of our 2 rooms! It was BEAUTIFUL and definitely set the tone for the rest of our incredible stay.

The concierges, Cedric and Philipe, were both extremely helpful and friendly. The bartender Simon was wonderful too! We enjoyed talking to all of them while we relaxed in the beautiful lobby. The American-style breakfast buffet was excellent, and again service was exceptional.

The location was fantastic during the day. We could easily walk to the Arc de Triomphe, EIffel Tower, Seine, Champs and even the Louvre. Metro was a short walk. In the evening it was very quiet though and we would have liked a little more nightlife closeby. But that would be absolutely my only reservation. Overall it was an absolutely fantastic trip, made all the more so because of the staff and accommodations at the Keppler! Merci, Merci!!!