“Fantastic hotel”
Review of Hotel Keppler

Hotel Keppler
Ranked #52 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Just sitting at the airport waiting to fly home and thought I would write a review of the Hotel Keppler as we had such a lovely stay. It is a super boutique hotel in a wonderfully quiet street just a very short stroll from Arc de Triomphe, so perfectly located for a weekend in Paris. When you arrive the reception area is decorated beautifully with lots of comfortable sofas and chairs. It is a good place to have a nightcap or a coffee. The standard rooms are a little small but despite being used to larger rooms we were more than comfortable and again they are so tastefully decorated. We saw an executive room and this was much bigger, maybe better for a longer stay, but for 2-3 nights our room was perfect.

We had contacted the hotel concierge service before arriving in Paris and they could not have been more helpful both before and after arriving at the hotel. They also got us tables at two excellent restaurants at the last minute.

I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again next time I am in Paris.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vinny-The-Kid-UK
Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I spent a week at Hotel Keppler. Although it's off the beaten path, it's close enough to walk to the Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Élysées. It was our first time in Paris and the concierge was extremely helpful, suggesting various points of interest, all within walking distance of the hotel. But I should note, we like to walk and it wasn't unusual for us to walk 5 or 6 miles each day. Certainly, we could have taken a taxi but walking allowed us to really see the city. Breakfast is served each morning in the lower level cafe, which is very quaint. We enjoyed starting our day there. The room is smaller than we are used to in the US but not that small that it was uncomfortable. It has been nicely renovated with new furniture and bathroom. When return to Paris the Hotel Keppler will be our first choice for our stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GD M
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is our 3rd stay here and the hotel looks as fresh as it did upon our first stay 3 years ago.The staff are first rate and their restaurant suggestions have always been good.
The executive rooms are a good size and well appointed. Room 501has a little added space
with a good size closet and the added advantage of lots of light.
Freindly prompt service and beautifully decorated rooms and public spaces makes you feel as if you are staying at a friend's townhouse.

Room Tip: Having been in the suite 601, if you are coming to Paris for the frist time this is the room to book...
3  Thank westiemen
Reviewed 8 January 2014

WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!! Hotel Keppler went far beyond meeting all of our expectations. I booked the hotel for our engagement weekend and the staff helped me to make it a weekend we will always remember. Our amazing and super romantic suite with a balcony overlooking the top half of the Eiffel Tower was perfect! The hotel is well maintained and immaculately kept. The attention to detail is clear to see both in the well-appointed rooms and in the common areas throughout the hotel. The breakfast was delicious with lots of choice and all very fresh. The staff was very attentive, friendly and helpful, especially with all my special requests. Location is also very convenient and close by the Champs Elysees/Metro. Thanks again to the Keppler staff!!

3  Thank Jason V
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Keppler for a week and were treated to one of the best customer service experience ever. We arrived in July, right in the middle of houte couture fashion week and were advised by Hotel Keppler that our room for the first night was still occupied. So they transferred us to their sister hotel (Hotel Francois 1er) which was also quite nice, just a couple of blocks from Hotel Keppler and compensated us with a free upgrade and breakfast for our troubles. We were then advised that the staff will automatically transfer our luggages to Hotel Keppler the next day, when our room becomes available. What we thought was enough compensation for the minor hiccup, they ended up compensating us further. Once our luggages were moved back to Hotel Keppler, we found out that throughout our stay, we have been upgraded to their deluxe suite. I had only booked a standard room for the one week that we stayed in Paris! We also got free hot buffet breakfast (their croissant is quite good!) everyday for the rest of our stay. We were more than compensated and are most grateful! All the staff were also very helpful, cordial and nice. We had a wonderful stay at this very tastefully decorated boutique hotel.

The location is amazing! Located in a quiet street about 3 short blocks from Champs Elysee and the George V metro. It's quiet enough, but still near major attractions, restaurants, shopping and the metro. On days when my husband is already tired from all the walking, he could nap at the hotel while I go out and do a little shopping right on Champs Elysee. Most, if not all, major tour companies in Paris will provide free pick up and drop off from this hotel. There is also a corner store half a block from the hotel where you can buy extra water or whatever else you may need although the hotel does provided Evian drinking water and Godiva chocolates every night. And for those people who love a little bit of luxury, their toiletries were all from Hermes. :)

I would definitely go back to Hotel Keppler when we return to Paris. Could not ask for more. Thank you Hotel Keppler.

Room Tip: The deluxe suites are huge especially for Paris standards. There is a foyer, receiving area, bedroom...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lilmisshar
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This hotel is in an awesome location! It is beautifully furnished and has wonderfully adorned rooms. The hotel is exactly as publicized and pictured. It is a romantic oasis! It has a very nice lobby and bar area, unbeatable hotel service and amenities, and very friendly staff.

1  Thank Ayessa T
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Stayed here in December for five nights for work .
Phoned the day before to inquire if a room could be available when I arrived from Montréal around 10 am; was told the hotel is full but we will try our best.Arrived as planned and was in my room within five minutes for a nice rest.
I was in a standard room (203); it was small by both North America (think Hilton brand) and European (think Accor brand) standard but big enough. The bed was very comfortable, the selection of TV channels excellent, the bathroon (shower) fair sized and well equipped and the Internet connection from both the old and the new provider (switchover occurred during my stay) was high speed and reliable.I asked for and was given a room facing the courtyard; it was so quiet that one night I left the window open and did not notice any noise -quite unusual for Paris.
The breakfast is very good with smoked salmon, a large selection of cheese and soft boiled eggs coked just so.
The hotel does not have a restaurant but can recommend some nice ones within five minutes.One can also order in food at quite reasonable prices: I did that twice and found the food good.You can have it in your room or in a ground floor room next to the bar with a nicely set up table-just ask for that.
All of this makes for a four star rating easily but the quality of service from both the reception/ concierge staff and the bar/food staff makes it a five star hotel. I illustrate this with two examples -I could add more ;
1)one evening a guest needed a tie to attend a function and for some reason did not have a usable one; the reception staff took off his tie to lend it to the guest;
2)at lunch one day I came across the reception staff helping a Kenyan guest track down headligths for his Renault car ( must cheaper in France than Kenya he explained) .
While I spoke French with them , I note that the staff speaks fluent English.
Overall Hotel Keppler fully deserves its excellent reputation even though it is somewhat above my usual price point for Paris(paid for by employer this trip). Will very gladly come back if I can.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are very quiet but the street has little traffic so should also be fine
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business