“Fantastic small hotel”
Review of Hotel Keppler

Hotel Keppler
Ranked #53 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 2 June 2009

I stayed at the Hotel Keppler for a long weekend break in Paris with my Girlfriend in March 2009, and we both thought it was wonderful.

Firstly, we were upgraded to a small suite on our arrival, which was a really unexpected bonus. The suite had a small balcony, and a view of the Eiffel Tower - OK it wasn't the whole tower, but it was really nice to sit out drinking a coffee in the morning, looking over the rooftops of Paris, with the Eiffel Tower in the distance.

The room itself was divided into a sitting area, a bedroom, a walk-in wardrobe/dressing area and a bathroom. It wasn't the biggest room I've ever stayed in, that's for sure, but it was stylishly decorated, clean, comfortable and cozy. It also featured all the amenties you'd expect from a modern hotel.

The facilities at the hotel were good, but as it's a small hotel converted from a old Parisienne residence, then all the facilities are also small. It has a small bar area, a small breakfast room, a small gym etc. But whilst all are small, they're also perfectly formed. Therefore adding to the ambience of the stay. The continental breakfast buffet is also very good, with a wide selection.

The staff were efficient and very friendly, and really made a huge difference to our enjoyment of our trip. Not just with the upgrade, but they handled a delivery for me efficiently, and made dinner reservations at 2 good local restaurants on our behalf, as well as being generally friendly; greeting us every time we came back to the hotel, or stopping for a quick chat to discuss our plans for the day etc.

On previous visits to Paris I could never quite understand why people fell so much in love with the city, but having now stayed at the Hotel Keppler where we did not experience any of the 'Parisienne attitude' I can now totally understand the romance and lure of the city, and we'll definitely be going back in the future, and we'll stay at the Hotel Keppler when we do.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stones7
Write a ReviewReviews (1,118)

Reviewed 25 May 2009

Spent 4 nights @ Hotel Keppler in Mid-May....service was fantastic....I was having trouble making local calls from my room to confirm reservations for a wine tasting event and dinner cruise event and the lovely & helpful Anabel at reception not only showed me how to make the calls, but she actually make them for me while I waited! She was very sweet and so helpful!
Executive Room was plenty big...windows were big too and opened to the courtyard, AC worked great...bathroom was BEAUTIFUL!
Location....get ready to walk, but there are 2 major Metro lines in close range. You'll be @ the Louis Vuitton store on the Champs Elyse in less than 5 minutes walking...the Metro is right there.
This was a GREAT place...thanks to many of the reviews I read here before I went.

Reviewed 25 May 2009

I booked the Keppler Hotel after a lot of research - my husband and I have been to Paris before and had a horrible hotel so I knew I would need to go for a four or five star hotel to get the standard we required.

We were celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniverary so I wanted somewhere luxurious. I was not disappointed with this hotel. It is spotlessly clean and very modern. The pictures on the website are identical to the rooms.
We were upgraded to an executive room after the first night in a standard room. The standard room was very small almost claustraphobic! The executive room was a good size and had a bath which was missing in the standard room. (A bath is essential in Paris as you do so much walking you need a good soak when you return from sightseeing).
There was a television in the bathroom but its volume didn't function so I asked the concierge to have a look but he forgot. It wasn't that important.

The breakfast is very good with a good selction of fruit , cereal, cold meats, cheeses and pastries along with a buffet style hot selection each day.

The staff are exceptional and make this hotel stand out from others. Nothing was too much trouble. Their recommendations for restaurants, although pricey, were all fantastic. Le Christine on Rue Christine (LatinQuarter) was very good and well worth a visit.

The metro stations are all within easy walking distance and situated on the Champs Elysee (about 5 mins walk away).
Location wise the hotel is on a quiet street. Quite a walk from all the major tourist sites but very accessible by the metro. The Champs Elysee and The Arc de Triomphe are very close.
The one downer was on our last morning when we awoke to find no hot water from the taps. We phoned reception to ask why; they were unaware of the problem and phoned an engineer. This was our last day and our 30th wedding anniversary !! We had to check out without having a shower or a bath and returned home .
The receptionist was very apologetic and wiped our bar bill from a previous night as a
goodwill gesture.

All in all a fabulous hotel with exceptional staff. We would go back again when next in Paris.

Reviewed 21 May 2009

On our way back from Burgundy we spent out last night in Paris at the Keppler and I wish we stayed longer….. We had a double executive room and it was just beautiful. Bathrooms are fantastic ( all the latest modern luxuries) and room was spacious and beautifully decorated. It got a little hot in the room at night and I could not get the AC to cooperate so we had to open a window…I am sure it was an operator error
Service was very nice and personal
We also had a breakfast there is was a delicious breakfast buffet. Location is fantastic .

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2009

I was so delighted by the quality of everything in this hotel - from the elegant reception to the beautiful rooms (small but nothing unusual for Paris), to the lovely design details everywhere and the practical, high-quality amenities (good closet and dresser space, good lighting, great shower, nice mini-bar, good-size safe, full length mirror, very good towels and decent bed) . If it was located in the 6th or 7th, this hotel would be perfect (of course, then it would be twice the cost).

Service is absolutely stellar.

The location is safe and not bad really - just not as central as I'd like. If you need or want to be in the neighborhood of the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysees - it's definitely the perfect place to stay - a true jewel box. That said, it's an excellent value and worth a bit more walking (or metro) time if you have the time to spare.

This is an excellent, classic, boutique city hotel. (If you're looking for something more romantic, particularly Parisian, and in a better location - check out L'Hotel, which I tried on this same trip and also reviewed. I loved both of these hotels - but they're very, very different.)

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank NYCtraveler1500
Reviewed 16 May 2009

We stayed at Hotel Keppler for 2 nights and absolutely had the best experience from the start. We arrived 2 hours b, duefore check-in, as our flight arrived in the late AM. We were able to check in early (only minor issue was that the paperwork reflected a standard room when we booked and paid for the 1 bdrm executive, but this was quickly resolved and we got the executive), and were treated with much kindness, esp after our long flight from the US.

Service:
The bell hop (Philip) and concierge (Phillip) were very helpful with restaurant reservations and direction guidance both days, as well as prompt taxi service whenever we needed one. We had the breakfast service on our last morning and again (yummie food!), the staff and service were outstanding.

Location:
The location is terrific as well..close to the Arc de Triomphe, Champs de Elysees, Eiffel and more. We opted for taxi service at night for our dinner plans but during the day, we walked the city for the most part. Getting lost in the area is quite fun.

Decor:
The hotel is very contemporary, fresh, charming with lots of character. What you see from their website is what you get - we absolutely felt comfortable and at home here! The decor was one of the main reasons we booked our stay, as it is very modern and chic, not like many of hotels that we researched that seemed a bit outdated with flowering decor, etc.. Although the room was a bit small, it was not a surprised, based on all the hotel reviews I've read online about European hotels. The decor was again, modern and fresh. The bathroom was clean and the tv in the bathroom mirror was a nice touch.

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay at Keppler and we cannot wait to come back to Paris and stay here again! 4 thumbs up!

Reviewed 11 May 2009

My other half took me Paris as a late Valentines Day treat. After a little searching (we got off the Metro at George V, but we later found out that Charles De Gaule - Etoile is better) we found the Hotel Keppler on a very quiet street. We were welcomed and taken to our room. I was expecting it to be small, so I was under no illusions. That said, the room uses its space well. The Bathroom was my favourite. We brought a bottle of Champagne with us, and it was nice to sit and soak in the tub, whilst my partner sat on the toilet (not 'on it'!) and drank with me.
The breakfast was lovely, and I didn't know where to start first. I liked the saucisson and brie (something I would never have for breakfast back home).
The staff were very helpful, recommending restaurants for us and printing out maps and addresses for us to follow.
The Hotel Keppler is handy for the Champs Elysees, particularly the Arch De Triomph end. Drugstore Publiscis and Lauderee were both fairly close, and with several Metro stations close-by, you can get almost everywhere in Paris fairly quickly.
Beds were very comfy and the water was hot. All in all, I think that this was a great hotel and would diffenately return, if only for some interior design ideas!
By the way, the street was so quite that I think I only heard 3 cars go down it all weekend.