“lovely quirky hotel, perfect location”

Hotel de Latour Maubourg
Ranked #603 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed two nights here and had a lovely romantic break.
We had the gold and purple room & it was fantasic, very clean. staff were friendly
Hotel is very unusal and decorated in a very unique way with beautiful cherubs everywhere, we stayed in december and their christmas tree was orange...fantastic.
great location would definately reccommend it.
good tip, Dont use the bar next door as its extremely expensive.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shiningsunflower
lamautour, Owner at Hotel de Latour Maubourg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Dear guests,

Thank you very much for posting your lovely comment about our hotel, we are really glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you appreciated our services. We always try to make the stay of our guests as much pleasant as possible!
We do really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future,

Best regards
Alexay Tania and Silvia - Front Desk

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I cannot thank Hotel de Latour Maubourg enough for the service they provided when I visited recently. I had contracted severe food poisoning in Italy and was desperately unwell for several days. The only bright point in that time was that the hotel (and the bathroom!) I was confined to was lovely. They upgraded us to the luxury room on arrival too which was nice. The hotel staff were so helpful when it came to organising a doctor and various other things we needed while I was unwell (and spoke English very well too).

For those who don't intend to get sick and require that sort of help, the hotel was a few metres away from the Metro entrance and very central to all the sights.

Thankyou again to all the staff from Hotel de Latour Maubourg.

Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear Guests,

I would like to sincerely thank you for having taken the time to share your recent experience at Latour-Maubourg Hotel with Tripadvisor. I felt honoured by your comments about our hotel. It was a pleasure to read that you were satisfied by our service.

Thank you for your kind attention and we all look foward to welcoming you again at Hotel Latour-Maubourg.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2012

This is a smal hotel, absolutely perfect located. We couldn't believe its closeness to the metro. So no matter how far we walk we just needed to take the metro and it would leave us across the small street to the hotel(Just in front of it) And there is a taxi location on the same street.

The staff was incredible helpful, giving us tips, directions and more. For the rainy days the hotel has umbrellas for the guests to take.

As with everywhere in europe, the rooms are not to big, but this ones were perfect.

WiFi was working with good speed along the hotel.

They clean the rooms every day and sometimes even set it up again in the afternoon. Bathroom was clean and perfect.

I can't describe how wonderful the staff was with us. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

3  Thank BenyMartin
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at Latour-Maubourg hotel.
I am very happy and proud that you liked the hotel and his staff.

We very much hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon!

My Best regards,

Alexay, Tania and Silvia - Front Desk

Reviewed 24 June 2012

The concept of the hotel is great, however the rooms are now a little tired, so the classly premium feel isn't there. But, great location.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Guests,

We would like to thank you to share your experience at La Tour-Maubourg with Tripadvisor.
We take your remarks into consideration

Looking forward to welcoming you again in Paris!!

Mme LAUFERON Sarah - Owner

Reviewed 24 June 2012

My daughter and I spent five wonderful nights at this charming boutique hotel . It is perfectly situated in the 7th directly across the street from a park and Metro stop, surrounded by lovely cafes, a 5 minute walk to the Rodin Musee. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. I would return to this hotel in a minute!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear madams,

We do really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future,

Best regards,
Alexay, Tania and Silvia - Front Desk

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Our stay was for 4 nights. The outside of the Hotel is very nice however if it is raining be careful of the slippy marble steps, the water pools in certain areas. Upon arrival I noticed a perfume smell which to most people is fine, I am allergic to certain smells and found it overpowering. Our room was also perfumed. I slept for 4 nights with window open to breathe. We did notify the desk that I was allergic to certain smells however the desk that night did not inform day staff which lead to our shower being worked on with sealant with a highly toxic smell. They did compensate our stay with a paid breakfast however the bathroom was smaller than our friends staying with us even though ours was a superior suite, we just had a shower while they had a bathtub and shower and was much larger. Our bathroom was tired the tiles were not clean and our room was too dark to see if it was properly cleaned. Certain members of the staff were helpful while others it was just a job. I always find when a place is over perfumed are they covering up something....maybe. Did it spoil our visit to Paris not in the least, would I stay there again.....NO

3  Thank judith h
lamautour, Owner at Hotel de Latour Maubourg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Madam,
Further to your review , we are really sorry to see you had a bad time in our hotel . We tried to do our best and gave to you diffErent possibilities you refused. You prefer to write bad review about us. As we felt you were very upset we proposed you to find for you an other hotel . We could very well understand but also you refused. There was no solution for you ...just the pleasure to write a bad review in tripadvisor !
very best regards
S.LAUFERON/ Owner

Reviewed 4 June 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice and love it. Very comfortable, helpful staff (I too am very impressed with Sophie), and ideal location. However, I very recently emailed the hotel indicating I was a return customer and asked for the room rates. I was dismayed and disappointed to find that contacting the hotel directly resulted in a quote higher than that on hotels.com for a standard room. Subsequently I booked a different hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rottmom

Dear guests,

First at all, we would like to thank you for your review. We pay attention to all remarks.
As far as the room rates are concerning, I was surprised to read you found a quote higher contacting the hotel directly than on hotels.com for a standard room. We offer the best rate but thank you for let us know, we will do everything necessary.

Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you for an other occasion.

Very best regards,