“Great location in Montparnasse”
Review of Lenox Montparnasse

Lenox Montparnasse
Ranked #270 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very pleasant hotel in a good location. Close to metro and RER and tons of resturants. The staff were very friendly and the rooms were nice and clean. Very quite at night. I would recommend this hotel and will probably use it again on my next trip to Paris.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CDB2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,868)

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Unfailingly pleasant and helpful staff and comfortable rooms appear to come as standard. I wouldn't hesitate to return here. Situated near two Metro stations, but off the main tourist area, with local attractions easily accessible.

Room Tip: Rooms to rear have less traffic noise, but some early morning noise from service area.
1  Thank biggles231
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel is a reasonably-price, nice hotel in the heart of Montparnasse with easy access to Metro lines, good restaurants and shops. We were able to easily access the Metro system from this site. The desk staff is friendly and the honor bar is a great place to wrap up the day and meet world travelers with interesting stories. We would stay here again.

2  Thank LOMike
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have been at the Lenox three years ago, April 2011. Now, April 2014, a week with my younger daughter. The service and hospitality still the best, English comes to help with a smile.
Lots had been said about the many restaurants around, 2 nearby metro lines and 2 more 5 minutes walk. The tour Montparnasse, a nearby attraction, lets you get a 360 degrees panorama of Paris.
We got a lovely, clean and comfortable room. Coffee and tea free in the room and the same free between 14:00 to 18:00 near the lobby. Very refreshing.
I recommend it highly to all my friends and would go back there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MoriF
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Excellently situated on a quiet street in a lively area. The Metro stations on either end of the road are a 2 minute walk away and between them cover anywhere you'll want to go. We stayed in 3 of the rooms (long story, our fault). They are a little old style, but we were happy with them all. The rooms on the top floor are very nice. The staff are very pleasant and helpful, relaxed yet efficient. The views from the top of the Tour (5 minute walk) are a must do. The restaurant at the top is First Class, as are the views and not too expensive. We went for lunch on the last day and found it the perfect end to our break. Nice little bar across the road from the hotel, basic but nice. We would definitely go back.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Staff, quiet location, beautiful clean room

This hotel is just amazing. When we drove from airport I was quite overwhelmed with the noise and busy roads. When we got there the staff just went out of their way to make us feel so welcome ... as if we were their only guests at the hotel. Our room was compact but so clean and modern. Having the computer with quick wifi was just an added bonus. The breakfast was wonderful. I would definitely go back here and recommend to anyone. It was a haven away from the busy streets of Pa RiS ,

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tomas s
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here 6 nights in April and was very pleased with the hotel (just returned from our trip). I'm 5 months pregnant so wanted a hotel that was clean and provided easy access to public transportation, sights, and food! This hotel fit the bill.

Initially I thought the room was too small compared to another hotel we stayed at a few years ago, but it proved to be more than sufficient. Overall, the room was clean and comfortable. The room was definitely "lived in" with some tile missing in the bathroom and wallpaper peeling here and there, but nothing to really complain about. The bathroom is tiny, but I already know to expect that in most standard European hotel rooms. The shower had great water pressure and ample hot water.

When we arrived in paris, we caught the RER B from CDG and transferred to the M4, got off at Vavin and were able to easily locate the hotel. The return trip to CDG was just as easy. We often returned back to the room in the late afternoon so I could rest/nap before heading back out for dinner and evening strolling and it was very easy to get back to the room no matter where we were in the city. The Montparnasse location also provided quick and easy access to Versailles via RER with Gare Montparnasse nearby.

Lots of restaurants in the area and there are two markets on either side of the hotel, franprix and another that I can't remember the name of. Monoprix is also within walking distance.

Onto breakfast! It seems that the French are not big breakfast eaters which proved to be problem for a pregnant woman with a revenous appetite who is also an early riser - a baguette and an espresso will not cut it for me. I'm normally not one to pay for a hotel breakfast but I was desparate for eggs, meat, toast, and some OJ and the hotel's breakfast proved to be a lifesaver for me because It also opens at 7am. It's a bit pricey at 17 euro, but I'm not embarassed to say that I have the appetite of a construction worker so I felt that I got my money's with with scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon, toast, yogurt, fruit, and cheese....they also have a nespresso machine and even decaf pods which satisfied my coffee fix minus the caffeine. We ate here several mornings when I was craving an American-style breakfast. If you just want a Parisian breakfast, there are boulangeries on either sides of the hotel, just a few shops down. We headed out early most days so they were closed and I never had the chance to try them out.

Wifi access worked perfectly during our entire stay, which was great when trying to find restaurants or plan train/metro trips to sights.

Would definitely stay here again.

2  Thank chickenbizkit