“Light Please!”

Hotel Crayon by Elegancia
Ranked #322 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The only problem is the lighting, the room lighting is very poor.
All else was Fine.
Breakfast was very reach, the place is 5 minuted from the Metro and within minutes of some very nice locations if you have nothing to do in the afternoon, a lot of cafes and resturants around, and if you want to buy some pastry before flying home you'll find some bakeries as well.
The rooms are small (as are most hotel rooms in the heart of Paris) but well arranged and are decorated with taste.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Gideon R

Reviewed 25 February 2014

A little gem in the centre of Paris,a short walk to the metro and the world is your oyster. Near the hotel there are plenty of bistros,brasseries and bars. The hotel itself is quirky and a fun place to be. The rooms although small by some peoples standards are very comfortable with quality linen and toiletries. We had a shower in our room which was powerful and invigorating. Room service is available as is breakfast but we did not use these facilities as we like trying all the different bars. Very friendly helpful staff an altogether brilliant experience. Would definitely use again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was in Rome visiting my son and decided to fulfill a lifelong dream to go to Paris. My objective was to see the Louvre and the Orsay museums. I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel in the center of Paris within walking distance to these museums. I looked into Air B&Bs and in the end, I decided that since I was traveling alone and would need more help, I wanted a hotel. I found the Crayon, a boutique hotel and called them. Didier, the manager, who speaks great English took my call. He could not have been nicer so I booked a three night stay. This was the perfect situation for me. It is literally a 5 minute walk to the Louvre and maybe 10, if that much to the Orsay. Camille was so helpful to me during my stay. She arranged for skip the line tickets to both museums and she and Didier helped me locate nearby restaurants. The rooms are small but very well appointed and comfortable especially for one or two people. They offer breakfast, beverages and it is really quite a homey hotel. Loved it! I am so grateful to have found this perfect little hotel.

Room Tip: I loved the courtyard room that I got.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sandra R
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Friendliest staff ever. From the moment we walked in the door the staff was kind and helpful in every possible way. We were traveling with our 2 year old daughter who loved to sit at the front desk and visit with the resident fishie. They even let her feed him.

The location of the hotel is great for walking to a lot of main attractions. Even in the cold winter weather (February), we walked to the Lourve, Roué de Paris, and Notre Dame, just to name a few.

The size of the room was actually surprisingly bigger than we imagined for a boutiquey hotel in the center of the city. It wasn't large by any means but big enough for the two of us and our young daughter with a pack-n-play (which was provided by the hotel). The elevator is super duper small so if you're claustrophobic, I'd take the stairs (which feel like you are climbing the spiral steps of a bell tower). The room and common areas were very clean day after day.

The friendly staff, clean rooms, and amazing location made our stay exceptional. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JottieB
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We were staying at this beautiful hotel right near the center of Paris. The neighborhood is full of restaurants and shops. The hotel stuff was really nice and friendly. The rooms were clean and beautiful. Will be happy to come back!!! Personal thanks to Didier )

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed here in Nov 2012 for my birthday and ended up getting engaged here so that says it all!
It's not cheap and the rooms are small but as that seems to be the norm in Paris, this is an absolute gem.
If your into cool design and interiors then you will love this place. The hotel and rooms are well designed, funky and quirky whilst being relaxing and comfortable.
It's not pretentious at all and was a joy to come back to after a long day.
Breakfast wasn't include, we did pay extra for it one morning but it wasn't worth writing home about (in fact it was slightly confusing) so we ate out on the other days.
The people were lovely and helpful, the location is great.
Would look to stay here again next time we come to Paris and would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather B T
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I actually thought I'd written a review about Crayon, but I guess not.

Paris has a reputation for expensive hotels and small rooms, so obviously Crayon was expensive with small rooms, so let's move on.

A group of us went to Paris for New Year's 2012/13 but didn't end up staying in the same hotels. My partner and I paid a little more, but considering what they got for their money, I am more than satisfied with our choice. We took a long time deliberating over where to stay and - in context - I think Crayon really is a little gem. I guess the best way to sum it up is this: we didn't come to Paris to sit in a hotel room so we didn't need the extra space, but I woke up liking my surroundings, and was happy to see the hotel at the end of a day's sight-seeing and enjoyed some great sleep.

The hotel was quirky and chic, the room was nicely decorated, the bathroom was clean but miniscule, the bed was ridiculously comfy and - oh my god - the location. We were just a few minutes walk from the Louvre and found it to be a great starting point for any outing with several metro stations practically on our doorstep.

The breakfast was a bit 'meh' so I'd opt for eating out. Staff were pleasant.

Some reviewers have mentioned noise - we were there for NYE and we had no issue. We found it relaxing and homely. I'd happily return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple