“Honesty and Integrity”
Review of Minerve Hotel

Minerve Hotel
Ranked #929 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Hotels hotels hotels. What's important? How many hundreds have I stayed in? Very few will stick in my mind. Being new to Tripadvisor I discover I have to write the reviews quickly before I forget the distinctive features of each hotel and they all merge into a fog. But this one I will remember for the honesty of one of it's maids. After having checked out in the morning I missed my watch. I racked my brain trying to remember where I had put it and mentally went through my mind of the room check I had made before leaving. I went back to the hotel and searched through my suitcase in the baggage storage area but didn't find it. I finally asked reception if it had been found in the hotel. To my immense surprise and relief the maid had found it in the bed sheets and handed it to the manager.
We take for granted these women who come in and make up beds and clean bathrooms around personal belongings. It would have been easy for her to keep this watch. Or to have sold it for a few bonus. But not only does this woman do a thankless task, for probably low wages, she had my back, and she has the most important of qualities - honesty, integrity, dignity. Thank you, it means a lot.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rstar14

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We enjoyed the room; it was very clean and comfortable, although small. Our children loved the little nook where one sofa bed was; we had to squeeze in the second fold out bed as they both needed to be in the nook! The bathroom was clean and pleasant and we all had great showers. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel and went to the great cafe across the road where the coffee was fabulous. There is a great park near the hotel which our children loved and which had free wi-fi. The staff were very helpful and treated us very kindly as we were having problems with our car. Thank you Hotel Minerve for your help !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dunja p
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Average hotel. Location is good but do not expect anything fancy. Hallways smell strange. Showers are tiny and I am a small female. Reception was ok but you have to ask as they will not volunteer information. Did not have breakfast as there is a bakery across the street for half the price. Be very cautious about booking a shuttle service from this hotel. I paid €8 to hotel and then had to pay a balance to driver of €18 but he insisted he had no change so €20 it was. This was after I was told by hotel that because I was the only person being picked up it cost more. Another couple from this hotel were also on the shuttle and got told the same story. We then had to wait at another hotel for 20 mins waiting for guests who were not ready and should have been told to make other arrangements. We then drove for 40mins around the redlight district of Paris until the driver found the place to pick up....a local french traveller. It took over 2 hours to get to CDG airport and then he dropped the french traveller off first. Going past my drop point to get there.
All this with no explanation or apology. I have this driver's vehicle reg if anyone wants it. There was no company logo displayed at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great location. Friendly front desk staff. Room 607 very quaint superior room. Nice little balcony overlooking main street. Bathroom newly renovated. Easy access to métro & buses. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CdnSwissIs
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is a pretty, older hotel. It is clean and comfortable. Breakfast was not included in the room rate and expensive for the items offered. The location was good with easy access to the Metro. There are good restaurants in the area. The typical amenities in US hotels were not available; the room was very basic. The bathroom was extremely small and the shower stall was so small it was difficult to wash. It appeared as if there had been a shower door at one time and a shower curtain was in place. It was too long and got in the way of showering plus it smelled. We would stay there again but only in a bigger room.

Room Tip: Spend a little more for a bigger room. We had a double room which seemed like a single room made int...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank couchdr
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our family of five stayed in July. We needed adjoining rooms that could accommodate us and three kids and Hotel Minerve did us fine. Great spot, clean rooms, good wifi, but exceptional service from the front desk made this hotel stand out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Denny H
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel itself is nothing special. Tiny worn out but clean rooms, minimal amenities, but first class reception desk personnel and a very good price for Paris. The location can't be beat. It is a short walk to and across the Seine on Pont de l'Archeveche (one of the bridge of locks), Notre Dame, Sainte Chapppell, The Pantheon (under construction) metro, and countless cafes and brasseries.

Room Tip: A room facing the courtyard is quieter than one facing the street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family