“great location, clean and value for money”
Review of Tiquetonne

Tiquetonne
Ranked #569 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
makati
“great location, clean and value for money”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Booked a room for 2 with a private bath and no breakfast for €65. Definitely a good decision! Metro stop (etienne marcel) is nearby. Room cleaned everyday. Room is small but bed is comfortable. Only met one English speaking staff and he was very helpful, difficult to communicate with other 2 ladies. For the price, lucky to have found this.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmemd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here last summer, I'm only getting around to writing my review now. We stayed at the Tiquetonne for a week and the location is excellent, about a 15 minute walk north of Notre Dame and right in the centre of Paris close to the metro. We walked back to the hotel from the eiffel tower one night. It raining buckets, but it only took us about 40 minutes and Paris is of course a great city just to walk around in. The neighborhood is rather lively, but we never felt unsafe, and there is a grocery store a block away from the hotel that came in handy on multiple occasions.

The hotel is very spartan, but for the price we did not expect anything fancy. The decor is all mismatched, but it was very clean, and the staff are very friendly even though they dont speak English. We paid the extra for our own bathroom and everything worked fine even though it was a bit cramped. There is no tv or any other regular hotel amenities, but again for the price this hotel is one of the best values in Paris. This place is the very definition of a budget hotel.

The elevator is old and slow, but the spiral staircase around it is all you need as we stayed on the top floor and had no problem with six flights of stairs. We tried the traditional french breakfast (coffee and baguette) one morning, the baguette was rock hard, but hey we at least tried it. The bring everything right to your room, and the coffee was very good.

One last weird note. There appears to be only one corkscrew in the whole hotel. Every time we brought back a bottle of wine (cause when in France....) to our room we had to ask the front desk clerk for the corkscrew and return it to him right after we used it. Odd, but all part of an overall good experience and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again especially when trying to save money on accommodations so that we can enjoy more of the great restaurants and attractions Paris has to offer.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel last weekend (17-19 Jan. 2013). I had booked a single room with shower and toilet. I got room number 507, opposite the elevator. The weird thing was the length of the bed.. hardly 190cm (6 foot 3 inches!!). I'm 6'1, so I hardly had space to sleep comfortably.
Another weird thing was the situation of the bathroom (shower and toilet): as you enter the room you get the toilet with the sink and the shower! A door separates this part from the actual room (small but okayish!).
No TV, but good wifi connection.
On the first day I was awakened by the noise of the cleaning ladies in the hall. One even knocked on my door at 9 am to see if she could clean the room!?!? I complained to the reception and the following day they gave me a notice "Do not disturb" to hang at the door! It worked but there was noise at 8 am already, anyway :-(
The good points of the hotel are:
- the price: 65 Euros for a single bed (no breakfast)
- the location: You cannot find any better. Centrally located: 5 minutes to Les Halles, 3 minutes to lively Rue Montorgueil (shops, market, restaurants and bars), and 2 minutes to Réaumur metro station (line 4). No traffic in the street! Lots of restaurants and cafés in the nearby lively streets.
- Friendly poeple working at the reception.
Despite the good points I've just mentioned I wouldn't stay in this hotel again, just because of the tight beds!
But if you are not too demanding and on a tight budget, it's a good place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask if you can have a double bed for the same price of a single bed, thing I didn't ask, as a ma...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Marco S
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Everything was fine. Room was cleaned every day. Nice neighbourhood. Just very noise in the morning because of cleaning ladies in the rooms next door. Loads of bars, restaurants around. Close to metro etienne marcel. Good wifi connection for every device.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank aleksandrapl1986
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The location is very convenient - close to transportation and walking distance to many sites, such as Notre Dame. The room was clean, the shower was tiny. The woman proprietor spoke adequate English while her husband did not speak any English. I would describe this hotel as one step above a hostel. I was looking to save money and this hotel met that objective. I would highly recommend if you want a clean, cheap hotel in a convenient location.

However, if I visit Paris again, I will choose a hotel slightly more upscale and with more amenities. As a comparison, in the US I usually stay at a Doubletree or Homeward Suites. If ranked by US standards this would be much, much lower. Oh, and the red light district is right around the corner. The area was fine and lively, but was surprised (though not threatened) by all the sex shops in the area.

Room Tip: I asked for a room with an ensuite. Did not check out the bathrooms in the hallway. Some of the pi...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank joni0702
Nimes, France
Reviewed 13 November 2013

A la date de mon séjour, soit en décembre 2008, j'ai trouvé cet hôtel fort charmant avec un très bon rapport qualité prix; le personnel était sympa. Il est situé dans un très bon et beau quartier de paris, proche de bons restaurant et pâtisseries. Merci aux propriètaires pour mon agréable séjour. ^=^

I would recommend this hotel to any foreigners looking for a good and reasonable hotel in Paris. Just my opinion is based on my stay in Dec 2008 but i would assume that if there is the same owner...things should be as good as ever..
I think Japanese would enjoy this place. =. Watashi wa so umo hoteru o Nihonjin no suki ..^=^ (my poor japanese)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Ludo V
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed in Tiquetonne from 9th to 15th October. I was very surprised with everything of the hotel. Compare with other hotels nearby costing about 150 pounds or more, Hotel Tiquetonne has great value.

The receptionist was very helpful and spoke good English. Our room(604) has strange shape, but it was very clean. Bathroom looks newish, tidy and provides free soap but no shampoo/tooth paste/tooth brushes. There is no TV in the room but you get free wifi.

Hotel is in a safe area and locates in the center. We walked to every attraction apart from Disneyland. Very convenient. You can also find all sorts of local bars, restaurants, pastry shops, supermarkets and cafes around. Very handy!!! I did see some sex shops nearby but most prostitutes were at the other end of the street which was far from the hotel. I went to visit the place in the daytime and saw a lady with pink umbrella which was impressive!

All in all, it is a very good hotel and I will recommend it to all my friends who are going to visit Paris.

(p.s. The hot water seems to be only provided in the morning before 11a.m. and late night about 9.30p.m. One day we went back hotel at 5p.m. and there was no hot water!)

Room Tip: Since the website only allows you to book rooms a month in advance and If you want to guarantee a ro...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple