“Hidden Gem”

Tiquetonne
Ranked #514 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I just stayed at this hotel and let me say it was perfect but there were some quirks!

I say it was perfect because I am younger and do not need fancy hotels with plush accommodations. I need cheap with a good location, and that is what this hotel is. The rooms are small and simple as you can expect in Paris but the location is remarkable for the price.

Things to consider-
-We had a room w/o a shower and had to pay 5 euro per token to use the shower in the hall (it was no big deal but I wish I had known this before)
-Nothing fancy or impressive, basically your room and that is it.
-No free shampoo or conditioner so bring your own
-There are a few sex shops or "adult video" shops on the strip near by but it seems normal here so nothing to really worry about

Why you should stay here-
-Cheap
-Great location
-15-20 minute walk to Notre Dame
-You can get breakfast (for 6.50 euro a person) every morning in your room between 8-9am
-The small staff leaves you alone
-Shared shower and toilet was clean

Room Tip: We had the 7th floor which had a great view of roofs and the sunset but we think it is warmer on the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant location less than 5 minutes from metro and 15 minutes walk from the Louvre. Best value in Paris. Clean placde with own small bathroom with toilet. I would definitely recommend this budget hotel, especially because of its location.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
makati
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Booked a room for 2 with a private bath and no breakfast for €65. Definitely a good decision! Metro stop (etienne marcel) is nearby. Room cleaned everyday. Room is small but bed is comfortable. Only met one English speaking staff and he was very helpful, difficult to communicate with other 2 ladies. For the price, lucky to have found this.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmemd
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here last summer, I'm only getting around to writing my review now. We stayed at the Tiquetonne for a week and the location is excellent, about a 15 minute walk north of Notre Dame and right in the centre of Paris close to the metro. We walked back to the hotel from the eiffel tower one night. It raining buckets, but it only took us about 40 minutes and Paris is of course a great city just to walk around in. The neighborhood is rather lively, but we never felt unsafe, and there is a grocery store a block away from the hotel that came in handy on multiple occasions.

The hotel is very spartan, but for the price we did not expect anything fancy. The decor is all mismatched, but it was very clean, and the staff are very friendly even though they dont speak English. We paid the extra for our own bathroom and everything worked fine even though it was a bit cramped. There is no tv or any other regular hotel amenities, but again for the price this hotel is one of the best values in Paris. This place is the very definition of a budget hotel.

The elevator is old and slow, but the spiral staircase around it is all you need as we stayed on the top floor and had no problem with six flights of stairs. We tried the traditional french breakfast (coffee and baguette) one morning, the baguette was rock hard, but hey we at least tried it. The bring everything right to your room, and the coffee was very good.

One last weird note. There appears to be only one corkscrew in the whole hotel. Every time we brought back a bottle of wine (cause when in France....) to our room we had to ask the front desk clerk for the corkscrew and return it to him right after we used it. Odd, but all part of an overall good experience and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again especially when trying to save money on accommodations so that we can enjoy more of the great restaurants and attractions Paris has to offer.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel last weekend (17-19 Jan. 2013). I had booked a single room with shower and toilet. I got room number 507, opposite the elevator. The weird thing was the length of the bed.. hardly 190cm (6 foot 3 inches!!). I'm 6'1, so I hardly had space to sleep comfortably.
Another weird thing was the situation of the bathroom (shower and toilet): as you enter the room you get the toilet with the sink and the shower! A door separates this part from the actual room (small but okayish!).
No TV, but good wifi connection.
On the first day I was awakened by the noise of the cleaning ladies in the hall. One even knocked on my door at 9 am to see if she could clean the room!?!? I complained to the reception and the following day they gave me a notice "Do not disturb" to hang at the door! It worked but there was noise at 8 am already, anyway :-(
The good points of the hotel are:
- the price: 65 Euros for a single bed (no breakfast)
- the location: You cannot find any better. Centrally located: 5 minutes to Les Halles, 3 minutes to lively Rue Montorgueil (shops, market, restaurants and bars), and 2 minutes to Réaumur metro station (line 4). No traffic in the street! Lots of restaurants and cafés in the nearby lively streets.
- Friendly poeple working at the reception.
Despite the good points I've just mentioned I wouldn't stay in this hotel again, just because of the tight beds!
But if you are not too demanding and on a tight budget, it's a good place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask if you can have a double bed for the same price of a single bed, thing I didn't ask, as a ma...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Marco S
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Everything was fine. Room was cleaned every day. Nice neighbourhood. Just very noise in the morning because of cleaning ladies in the rooms next door. Loads of bars, restaurants around. Close to metro etienne marcel. Good wifi connection for every device.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank aleksandrapl1986
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The location is very convenient - close to transportation and walking distance to many sites, such as Notre Dame. The room was clean, the shower was tiny. The woman proprietor spoke adequate English while her husband did not speak any English. I would describe this hotel as one step above a hostel. I was looking to save money and this hotel met that objective. I would highly recommend if you want a clean, cheap hotel in a convenient location.

However, if I visit Paris again, I will choose a hotel slightly more upscale and with more amenities. As a comparison, in the US I usually stay at a Doubletree or Homeward Suites. If ranked by US standards this would be much, much lower. Oh, and the red light district is right around the corner. The area was fine and lively, but was surprised (though not threatened) by all the sex shops in the area.

Room Tip: I asked for a room with an ensuite. Did not check out the bathrooms in the hallway. Some of the pi...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple