“What a Perler.”
Review of Hotel La Perle

Hotel La Perle
Ranked #299 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed for four nights in room number one. Has a door out to the courtyard, huge bathroom and decent size bedroom. Spotlessly clean. Wi Fi, bar and breakfast if required. Beautifully furnished. The staff are a wonderful addition to this lovely Boutique Hotel. All staff members were a pleasure to deal with, so polite and nothing too much trouble. Our baggage taken to our room. Yes, there is a toilet in the hotel other than in your room.
The location is magic. Get your walking shoes on and explore. Little cobbled streets lead to wonderful little shops with the most amazing fresh goods that your mind could conjure up. The majority of things you would want to do and see in Paris can be done from this Hotel. Two Meteo's a couple of minutes walk if you prefer to train it. You miss so much if you don't walk. Treat yourself and stay here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jane C

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We loved everything about our stay at La Perle. It is on a quiet street near St. Sulpice and the Luxembourg Gardens. The breakfast there was a great way to start each day - the food was good and ample and the breakfast room was so pleasant. The staff was engaging, helpful and competent. And the access to a nice fitness facility was a plus! We would definitely stay there again on a return trip to Paris! When I first made the non-refundable reservation, I made it for the wrong days (your worst nightmare....) but when I contacted the front desk at La Perle, they took care of my mistake immediately - just one example of their competency and kindness. We stayed at La Perle for a few days when we first arrived in France, before starting a tour of Normandy, and it could not have been a better way to start the trip. We would highly recommend La Perle!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street are quieter. The regular rooms are small but adequate with very nice bath...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MKHP
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel in April 2014. The hotel is in a really choice spot.
It is in the middle of everything except the Tour Eifel (Eifel tower). it is in the left bank, Ile De France.
From there you can walk to the Luxembourg gardens, the louve Museum,Passing the fence
with locks for viewing or leave one yourself. lots of Artists selling their wares, and the usual tourist buy it here shops. There are good restaurants, not cheap at all..
There is unique shopping one step from the front door. Of course it's not cheap.
but it is different. The hotel serves a very nice breakfast in a lovely small dining area.
The coffee is delicious. There is almost no help with the luggage. Almost no lobby area.
No restrooms accept in your rooms No wet bars in rooms that i stayed in. One computer in the lobby/ breakfast area.

I was a little disappointed in the beds and the size of the full twin beds. Also there seemed to be some confusion in the beds I booked and what i actually got. The room was exceptionally tiny for one bed and We had two twin beds. You could barely access the bathroom without sitting on one of the beds. The beds were however clean and comfortable, and the bathroom though very tiny was very nice. For one 140 lb. american lady it would have been comfortable, but for two people it was tight and cramped. If not for being able to open a window it would have been uncomfortable. when I first saw the room and asked if we could upgrade I was told there was nothing else available. Not what i was told on booking.
There is one front desk clerk, one breakfast server, one housekeeper per shift.

French hotels in the old famous areas tend to have small rooms so if you're looking for roomy, airy hotel rooms look further. If you need a clean hotel in the middle of what counts, this may be your spot.

Room Tip: Pick an executive room if you want enough room to move in. I'm not sure how large it is, but it...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
stephaneteil, Directeur général at Hotel La Perle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Madam,
Firstly thank you for taking the time to give your review about our hotel. After reading it, I understood that you had a pleasant stay in Paris and I am very happy about it. You made some comments about your room and I wish to provide some informations.
The size of your room didn’t please you but you booked yourself the standard room while the size was written on the room description on booking.com through which you have booked. The standard room is 14 square meters, the superior room is 17 square meters and executive rooms are 24 square meters. For information, the french law says that a standard room in a 3 stars hotel should be minimum 13 meters square while ours are 14 meters square. You chose yourself the standard room while there were bigger rooms available. Perhaps you chose the standard room without checking the difference with the other kinds of room. Our executive room are 80% bigger than the standard room and could have feet you as you imagined.
The beds in the room are not as tiny as you said. In the standard room, the one that you had, the bed size is 160 x 200cm (bigger than a US queen size), in the superior room 180 x 200cm and in the executive room a 200x200cm (bigger than a US King size).
I also wanted to guarrantee you that If we have told you that we couldn’t upgrade you, it is only because we couldn’t. Why wouldn’t we do it ?
Madam, I would be very pleased to welcome you in one of roomy and airy rooms during your next stay in Paris.

Best regards

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Staying in Paris in the st Germaine area is worth a visit all the time. It's a place we always go to. This hotel might be a little expensive but worth the price as long as you plan 2 or 3 months in advance to get the best price . Do compare w the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Great location, in the heart of the left bank, a million places to eat, drink and be merry. I loved being close to the subway station, we were within 15 minute train ride of almost anywhere. And of course great location to walk for hours.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in April. We absolutely loved the location. It's located on a lively side street in St. Germaine, and we appreciated its proximity to many sights and the metro. The hotel seemed a little worn, and our room was very small. The bathroom, although small, was very nice and well-equipped. Our room was located in the back of the hotel, overlooking a courtyard, and it was very quiet. The bed was very comfortable, and I had 4 of the best nights of sleep I've had in a long time!

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, and I would definitely return to it the next time we travel to Paris. I just don't think we could beat its location!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tiamaria529
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My wife and I came to Paris to celebrate our first year wedding anniversary. We picked this hotel based on the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel beat our expectations in every way. The staff are instantly friendly and very helpful. The room was fairly spacious and absolutely beautiful. It was incredibly quiet and the bed was comfy. The location is in a nice area of Paris, with plenty of bars and great places to eat. It's also easy walking distance (for us in our 20s at least) to Notre Dame and The Louvre. We also walked to The Eiffel Tower and the Arc De Trimphe (but this is a fairly long-haul and it is much easier to catch the Metro).

Paris is a beautiful city. We will be visiting again and we will definitely stay at this hotel. A wonderful stay and a great anniversary to remember

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple