“La Perle is a pearl”
Review of Hotel La Perle

Hotel La Perle
Ranked #232 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed at La Perle for 4 nights last week and loved it! Staff were extremely helpful, the entire hotel was very clean and comfortable. Loved the breakfast/drinks area - a great way to start the day. I required medical attention when we were at the hotel and the staff were extremely helpful in contacting appropriate medical staff which we really appreciated. The room we stayed in was lovely, not overly large but large enough. Lovely bathroom. The hotel is in an excellent location - many eateries and bars very close to the hotel and it is close to all the main tourist attractions - in fact you can walk to most of them. Alternatively there are 3 metro stations within close walking distance. My husband and I had a great time! Thanks

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lyn H

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at Hotel La Perle for a week in May. We found the hotel to be an excellent place to stay. The front desk staff (especially Lidia) were very good with assistance of anything we needed, from store locations for sundries to recommendations for dinner.
The hotel is located on what would appear to be a quiet street, but, come dinner time, the streets are alive with people out walking and going to dinner. There are some amazing restaurants in the neighborhood. The hotel is located very close to both bus routes and the Paris Metro (subway).
Another nice thing is that if you are a walker, then the Louvre, Notre Dame, Sainte-Chapell, Musee D'Orsay, are all a nice walk.
We are looking forward to our next trip to Paris.

Room Tip: Pick a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was our second visit to Hotel La Perle. The location could not be any better. We had a courtyard room like we did last time. You can not hear any of the noise from the night life on the street from those rooms. The female staff are supreme!!! We had already checked out and went to catch a train. We found out that they had cancelled our train due to a strike in Belgium, so we rebooked for next day. When we called the Hotel back to see if we could get our room back the one we had was not available but a higher price one was and they would give us a break since we had already been there. In the long run we ended up booking a flight for that night rather than spending another night. The young lady on duty helped us with the computer and printed out our tickets for us. She could not have been any more helpful considering we weren't even staying there another night. Yet she was. Once our flight was booked and we had hours to kill before our flight she locked up our luggage so we could go and see some more of Paris. This young lady deserves a raise!! :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

La Perle is in an excellent part of Paris - very close to St Germain des Pres and surrounded by small shops and lovely restaurants and cafes. The staff are excellent and make you feel most welcome. We have stayed several times now and have found it ideal for a stay of a week or more.
The breakfast area is very attractive - and tea, coffee and drinks are served there as well. The rooms are not large but are available in various sizes, with comfortable beds, and good shower/bath facilities. Those rooms facing the inner courtyard are quieter. Metro access is nearby. Ideal for visiting Paris' well known museums and galleries. Strongly recommended.

Room Tip: Superior and executive rooms have more space. Those facing on to the courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 727David46
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed at La Perle from Sunday, July 6, 2014 to Thursday, July 10, 2014. The location is great as it is close to two (2) metro stops. Also the staff were very friendly and informative.
The room was tiny and we did not feel safe as there was no inside lock on the less than impressive door to our room. I am used to travelling in Europe (including Paris) but this was
a tiny room even for Paris standards.

Still I cannot give this hotel a completely bad review but I do not think I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
stephaneteil, Propriétaire at Hotel La Perle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Madam,

I have just read your comment on our hotel and I just wanted to answer to one of your points.
You said that you did not feel safe as there was no inside lock but we have inside lock in all of our rooms. Indeed it doesn't look like an ancient lock. You have to press the black botton instead of turning the lock.
I just wanted also to add some comments about the size of the room : The room size of the standard room is 14 meters square and it is written on our website. The minimum size of a standard room in a 3 stars hotel in Paris is 13 meters square. Be aware that we have bigger categories of room, superior room is 17meters square, executive rooms is 24 meters square and the apartment is 45 meter square. But obviously it is not the same price.
I hope to welcome you in the future so that you can try a bigger room and spend a perfect stay in the hotel La Perle.
Best regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The reviews on Tripadvisor led me to this hotel and I was not disappointed. The rooms are fairly small, but serviceable and pleasant. The bathroom was tight, but had excellent plumbing and the AC was excellent in the room. Noise was minimal to non-existent. Drapes effectively blacked out the room. Breakfast was perfectly adequate and pleasant...maybe not worth the price, but it is a nice way to start your day. Staff are as helpful and pleasant as any. They booked tickets for me and everything went very well. Flora did not complain when I put her through the ringer on booking things in advance...she was a huge help! Plenty of dining opportunities within a block of the hotel! And the location with relation to the main sights is very good. Walking to Notre Dame and d'Orsay is quite easy. We enjoyed our stay. It is on a small alley of a street which is fine.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mike215
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Lovely hotel, with welcoming staff, a pretty breakfast and lounge area (unusually so for a small hotel), and excellent location. Easy walk to everything I wanted to do, so I never even took the convenient metro. The street is central, with small shops and cafes, yet it was seldom very noisy, even though I was there for 4 nights during France's run in the World Cup soccer games. (My room was not on the street). But one night when I was out for dinner, I returned just as France was victorious, and even though the cafe denizens spilled out into the street, it was never too raucous, and I didn't feel unsafe. (I'm 75, by the way). Good breakfasts pleasantly and promptly served. Attractive, clean room and bathroom, both decent size. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family