“Great location & friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Saint-Roch

Hotel Saint-Roch
Ranked #1,227 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great location & friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2005

I stayed at the Hotel Saint Roch in April 2004 on my first trip to Paris. While my room was small and simple, I found the hotel overall to be a great value (at approx. 75 euro/night). As a solo female traveler, I found the location to be excellent and within easy walking distance to everything. The staff were extremely friendly and readily offered assistance with dining recommendations, directions, etc. I definitely recommend the hotel and would return again.

• Stayed April 2004
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2005

This gem in downtown Paris is a bargain & well located with friendly staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2005

I stayed at this hotel on my first trip to Paris and found it was a good value for the money. The room was small, but they often tend to be small in many European hotels. The location is superb. I would stay there again, if not for the problems that I experienced on my second trip. I made a reservation couple months before that tarvel, but my husband and I decided to rent an appartement instead and canceled hotel way before the cancelation deadline stated on the hotel web site (I think it had to be canceled a week prior to the trip). Nevertheless, the hotel management charged us for 3 nights stay and refused to reconsider. While in Paris we checked with them that they rented our room, which means that they got money twice for the same room. Eventually we got the money back through the credit card dispute but the entire situation was not pleasant. If you book in this hotel and have to cancel, make sure that you have records of faxes, dates, confirmations, print outs with their cancelation policy from their site, etc. in case you need to have prove for credit card dispute.

BTW, the hotel down the street, Londres, is under the same management and I had the same issues on my other trip, with the only difference that thanks to my persistence, once they rented my room, they credited my card. They seem not to honor their own cancelation policy.

• Stayed March 2004
3 Thank teamur

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2005

What a great stay! the hotel is in the heart of the city, a few steps from the Louvre, the Tuileries and the Opera.
It's also just a the corner of a wonderful shopping street (with Colette, Prada and so many other!)
Rooms are big enough and the staff is so nice and very helpfull.
It was a great time with my friend and we will be back!!!

• Stayed July 2004
5 Thank lber74
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2004

We stayed in room 62 on the 6th floor. Hotel has a lift to the 5th floor. It can only fit one person. Too afraid to use it so had to climb 6 flights of stairs to get to the room. Room looked like we were in the attic. Also they don't allow you to keep your room key if you leave. You have to give it to the desk and ask for it when you return to the hotel. I wasn't comfortable with this, but it's there policy so we abided. On day 2 we walked into the room and there was a mouse up under our pillow on our bed. I (a woman) talked to the gentleman at the desk and he said we wouldn't have to pay for our 2nd night if we left. So I headed down Rue Saint Roch to find another hotel. I found Hotel Louvre Saint Romain just walking distance from Hotel Saint Roch. I paid less for Saint Romain and had a much better room also on it's 6th floor. Also had to climb there stairs although they did have a one man lift as well. After booking this new hotel for the night the gentleman at the desk at Saint Roch tried to say we would be charged for the 2nd night. After a round about of conversation with him I told him I would go get my husband from the 6th floor and have him come speak to him about the situation b/c we were not staying there nor paying for a room with a mouse. My husband killed the mouse and we took it to the lobby. As soon as I returned with husband and mouse the gentleman said we wouldn't be charged for the room and we could leave. And after finding the mouse it led us to a huge hall in the bottom of the wall where the mouse was living. I wouldn't stay here again!!!!!

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2004

We chose this hotel from the reviews and it lived up to its good reputation. The staff are helpful and friendly. The reviews were spot on. It is small but comfortable. It location is excellent 100m to the pickup point for Cityrama bus tour. We went on a three day tour with them and found it was excellent.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2004

Greetings

This is one of the best hotels i have ever been in, the staff is very very nice and the rooms are beautyful. Prices are cheap and food is very good.

Will come here again!