“Very small but classy & clean with an acceptable location”

Hotel des Champs-Elysees
Ranked #795 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Very small but classy & clean with an acceptable location”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I stayed for one week with my sister & had a twin bedroom (we were a group of adults)

- Clean & neat: The room was very clean when we first check-in but in the daily cleaning routine I had to keep asking for clean towels, sheets .. etc. I liked the fact that smoking & pets are not allowed as they badly affect the place hygiene.

- Decoration: the rooms decoration is different & elegant in a new way. I went in very hot summer so I used the AC and it was very good however only the receptionist can control the temperature for you.

- Friendly staff: We kept emailing for weeks before I confirmed my booking & got the room. The receptionist is also the concierge, the bar tender & the waitress which was a new concept to me but I found this as a common practice in Paris hotels.

- Toilets: that's important to me! New & well equipped, I loved it. However, as a Muslim we prefer toilets in which we can use the shower to wash after, you know, using the toilet and in this hotel this wasn't feasible by any means as the water sources were away of the toilet seat. In one of the rooms I tried (I missed my flight & went back for 2 days & stayed in 2 different rooms) the place of the toilet seat was away & totally separate from the rest of the bathroom which wasn't convenient.

- Location: the name fooled me, I thought it'll be closer to Champs Elysee but it was like 7-10 minutes walk but that was pretty much okay. there's a Starbucks & grocery at walkable distances too.

- Hotel Size: it was shocking to see a 4 star hotel in this small size! Each floor may have maximum 6 rooms and the rooms' spaces, the lobby and the elevator are small.

- Value for money: We paid at different rates, all were around 285-310 euros which I consider expensive for such a small hotel! You can find it cheaper online if you made an early booking.

- Noise: there wasn't lots of noise but u know if someone is drunk and shouting in the street, or if another stupid person kept on using his car horn at midnight, sure u will hear them.

- Internet WiFi was available for free & it was good

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LGhaznawi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Charming, clean hotel close to it all and the metro. Staff was helpful and spoke great English. Quiet rooms as they have double windows.

• Stayed August 2011
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2011

My partner booked this hotel as a surprise birthday present for me and I couldn’t have been happier.
We arrived at night and were greeted by very friendly, happy staff.
The hotel was decorated in an Art Deco style with an original looking 2 person glass lift that ran up the middle of a spiral staircase.
Our room was a good size, en suite with a rain shower. It felt cosy and romantic as it was decorated in chocolate brown colours which gave a sumptuous feel.
The breakfast area was in the basement, very nicely decorated and the waitress greeted you and served your coffee on arrival.
The bar area was very small and the drinks were very expensive so I wouldn’t recommend staying in.
We really enjoyed our stay in Paris and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2011

10 minute walk to the Champs Elysees and from there most main attractions are within pretty easy reach.
Nicely decorated rooms, clean comfortable bed. For Paris, the rooms are ok sized unless you are tremendously fat.
Staff were very helpful, would recommend.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Rooms are very tiny. Website pictures are misleading. Elevator does not work half the time and can only accomodate two persons at a time with no luggages. The hallway is dinggy with not enough lighting. Showers in the bathroom does not have doors so the floor gets wet all the time. Very loud music from the club across the street can be heard until early morning. Breakfast is expensive. Not worth the money.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cherise66
Columbia
Reviewed 25 June 2011

This is a small hotel without some of the amenities you would find in a larger hotel, such as a beauty salon or spa. Staff, however, can arrange many such services at nearby businesses. The decor is a charming art nouveau style and the rooms are comfortable and quiet. The location was very convenient to the major tourist attractions, and there were many boulangeries, restaurants and clubs within walking distance. Every member of the desk staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. It had been quite a while since I had been to Paris and my office booked the hotel. For that reason, I do not have a good perspective on hotel rates in Paris. I do believe, however, that this hotel was exceedingly expensive.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
California (USA)
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night~ so we hit the ground running & sight seeing. So once we returned for the evening to rest, it was nice to come back to a beautiful Hotel lobby and great room~ Bed was comfy, the restroom was great~ very modern decor~ the front desk staff were amazing~ very helpful and friendly. We were within walking distance from the city center~So from the time we arrived and to our departure, we had a wonderful experience~ If I had to come back to this Hotel, I would do it in a heartbeat!! highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple