“nice room and location ruined by mould smell”

Hotel des Champs-Elysees
Ranked #784 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 15 April 2014

this was a nice room. good quality. plenty of plug sockets, table to work on, wardrobe to hang my clothes on.

however, i spent a few hours in the hotel room doing work...and this is when i started to smell mould. This is not good, and the only way to get rid of the smell is keep the aircon on or windows open, which i didnt want to do as i was cold!

Wi-fi signal wa sok, although internet was slow and sometimes cut out ....not ideal when working.

otherwise, a nice hotel.

Room Tip: not 605, it smells of mould, which is a shame as its a lovely room, very clean otherwise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I arrived around 10am after a long flight, of course I knew the room would not be ready, so went to my beauty salon for a hair cut, then went to lunch finally went back to the hotel and my room was ready, I had room # 305 small but had all I would need, room is equipped with small refrigerator, Flat screen TV decor is really lovely and the bathroom to my amazement was very large and very modern, rain shower, tub, good lighting and heated towel bar. The halls are small, dark and the elevator was big enough for two people only, pretty typical of these old buildings but the lobby and bar looks so big from pictures but are very small up close and personal, the front desk staff were very nice and helpful, kept my luggage until the room was ready, I was only able to stay one night as the hotel was fully booked. My only complaint was that it was so hot in the room with the heat off, I opened the window to cool off the room helped but the noise from outside was so loud, I ended up putting ear plugs in and taking a sleeping pill, not sure if the other rooms are as hot, but the hotel decor is nice, breakfast is not included and expensive. Location was good for Metro and getting around, many nice restaurants and grocery stores.

Room Tip: #305 to small for two people, I would not have stayed there if I was with my husband just to small...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Leedsway
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The hotel is in an excellent location, just a stones throw to the Champs Elysees and the metro.
The rooms are quite small but exceptionally clean and a great power shower. The room was very warm and as they turn off the air conditioning in the winter we had to open the windows at night which meant we were kept awake with the noise from the nightclub across the street, so definitely take earplugs with you!
The hotel receptionist, SANDRINE, was excellent. She booked us really good restaurants and had lots of helpful information about the area.
We stayed 5 nights but I think with the heat and noise issue we wouldn't stay here again. Probably OK for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elspethuk
Reviewed 7 January 2014

the rooms are very small and are never ready @ 10;00 when you get off a long flight ,everything is extra , a little bit noisy on the lower floors from disco acros the street , so many better hotels and closer to the attractions at lower prices , would never stay here again

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a long weekend here and found the hotel very clean, great service from staff, nice decor. The rooms are very nice with good facilitates, wifi worked well but they do block some media content.

The lighting in the room we stayed in was great, so many options.

Hotel is in a great location just off the champs élysées, we used the metro quite a bit, station just round the corner.

The only negative is I found the room was too hot, there was air con but it didn't seem to work very well, but my wife found the temp fine, I think I feel the heat more than the average person.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Good location, very clean hotel, warm and cozy and the staff is very friendly and helpful -- and they spoke English. Really nice decor. A good restaurant is right across the street from it (La Bouetille -- I probably didn't spell the name correctly) .The only downside is that the internet is really REALLY slow. The room was really warm, which for me is a plus since I get cold easily, but some people might find that annoying. You can always open the window though and get a nice breeze. The windows are double-paned so it cancels out any noise from the outside. I noticed that that was a positive advantage because the few times that I left the window open the noise was loud from outside. Hence, good ob on this hotel's part!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rayz121
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed there last week, we found the staff so very helpful, nothing was too much trouble, even printed off my boarding pass.
The hotel is in a fantastic position, very easy to get around and lots of nice little bars and cafés.
The rooms are lovely, good showers, comfy bed and no noise from neighbours, will def stay there again should I be lucky enough to return to Paris.

Room Tip: Had a superior room, on the third floor,
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple