“A Hotel That touched my heart in Many Ways”

Hotel des Champs-Elysees
Ranked #791 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My bf at the time (now fiance) booked to take me to paris last October for my bday. We resided at this beautiful boutique hotel where many beautiful moments were shared amongst a suprise proposal to be his wife. This was the best trip of my life, not only because of the proposal but my whole stay was amazing.The guy at reception was very sweet and was present when we just got engaged and he was taking lovely photos of us The room was adorable, alongside the nice big bath which was so romantic. My fiance really spoilt me,the loaction of the hotel was perfect, just off the champs elysee so everywhere was within easy reach, but we enjoyed walking and enjoying the special moment. We will definitely return

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoukPou

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Beautiful hotel.
The check in was swift, the rooms are gorgeous. Little lights above the bed to look like stars, such a nice touch. The bathroom was immaculate and high class fittings.
The bed was super comfy!!
The lady on reception was so helpful, chatty and nothing was too much trouble. Thank you!
There was slight confusion over breakfast. I booked a room for 2 people to stay 3 nights and breakfast was an extra 57 euros. I booked this option.
Upon arrival I was told this was only breakfast for one person, the website didn't state this nor did it have any other options, so be careful. I also didn't think it was worth the money, as we ate there 2 mornings and not once did anyone offer hot breakfast so it was 18euros for bread ham and cheese!
The bar across the road is perfect for drinks and food!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alibalibee2
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Lovely quaint Parisian hotel with wonderful antique lift. Attractive, immaculately clean rooms with pleasant views and a tres petite bar. Beautiful, modern decor and super friendly staff. Perfect location just a stone's throw from the Champs Elysees make for a very good hotel. Highly recommended for a boutique Parisian stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank annesleySuffolk
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The owners and employees of this hotel were so friendly and helpful that it almost feels shameful to complain about the hotel.

Pros: close to Champs-Elysees and within walking distance to Louvre, decent restaurant directly across the street, inexpensive in comparison to where you are, free WiFi, and adapters in case you are like me and forget yours at home.

Cons: so very noisy. Apparently there are night clubs across the street. At 2AM I could hear all of the street noise. My room's toilet was on the other side of the room, separate from the shower.

Overall, if traveling for 1-3 days, then I would recommend especially because with short trips you're usually just in the hotel room to sleep. For longer stays, I would not recommend (which again feels terrible saying because the staff were wonderful).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank PembrokePines_travel
Reviewed 15 April 2014

this was a nice room. good quality. plenty of plug sockets, table to work on, wardrobe to hang my clothes on.

however, i spent a few hours in the hotel room doing work...and this is when i started to smell mould. This is not good, and the only way to get rid of the smell is keep the aircon on or windows open, which i didnt want to do as i was cold!

Wi-fi signal wa sok, although internet was slow and sometimes cut out ....not ideal when working.

otherwise, a nice hotel.

Room Tip: not 605, it smells of mould, which is a shame as its a lovely room, very clean otherwise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I arrived around 10am after a long flight, of course I knew the room would not be ready, so went to my beauty salon for a hair cut, then went to lunch finally went back to the hotel and my room was ready, I had room # 305 small but had all I would need, room is equipped with small refrigerator, Flat screen TV decor is really lovely and the bathroom to my amazement was very large and very modern, rain shower, tub, good lighting and heated towel bar. The halls are small, dark and the elevator was big enough for two people only, pretty typical of these old buildings but the lobby and bar looks so big from pictures but are very small up close and personal, the front desk staff were very nice and helpful, kept my luggage until the room was ready, I was only able to stay one night as the hotel was fully booked. My only complaint was that it was so hot in the room with the heat off, I opened the window to cool off the room helped but the noise from outside was so loud, I ended up putting ear plugs in and taking a sleeping pill, not sure if the other rooms are as hot, but the hotel decor is nice, breakfast is not included and expensive. Location was good for Metro and getting around, many nice restaurants and grocery stores.

Room Tip: #305 to small for two people, I would not have stayed there if I was with my husband just to small...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Leedsway
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The hotel is in an excellent location, just a stones throw to the Champs Elysees and the metro.
The rooms are quite small but exceptionally clean and a great power shower. The room was very warm and as they turn off the air conditioning in the winter we had to open the windows at night which meant we were kept awake with the noise from the nightclub across the street, so definitely take earplugs with you!
The hotel receptionist, SANDRINE, was excellent. She booked us really good restaurants and had lots of helpful information about the area.
We stayed 5 nights but I think with the heat and noise issue we wouldn't stay here again. Probably OK for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple