“Good find in a fantastic area”
Review of Millesime Hotel

Millesime Hotel
Ranked #200 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Sydney
“Good find in a fantastic area”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was really happy with Millesime - fantastic location - comfortable bed - decent sized room - great bathroom - desk staff that were really helpful - wifi that actually works - and very quiet
This is a three star hotel and you get what you pay for but it ticked all the boxes for me in terms of the necessities and it has a charm that many others in this range don't have .
I checked in a couple of hours early and my room was ready - there was no fuss about waiting for the designated time
There are 3 types of room - classic / superior and a rooftop suite - I was upgraded to a superior for no reason - And it even offers room service which is a plus
maybe that is what is so good about it - no fuss - everything worked - just made my stay relaxing and easy - and that I guess is how a holiday should be.

Room Tip: I preferred a higher room for a view rather than the ground floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Papindi
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you for this positive review! We are thrilled to read that you very really happy with the Millesime!

We are glad that the our hotel ticked all the boxes for you in terms of necessities and that you liked its charm.

We are really pleased that we were up to your expectations and that you had a relaxing and easy holiday!

Hopefully, we may welcome you back on a future trip

Directrice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just finishing our 3 night stay at Millesime. This is our first visit to Paris and we couldn't have chosen a nicer hotel or a better location. Our third floor room was large, clean, and comfortable. The hotel accommodated us with an extra bed for our teenage son for a small extra charge. All the staff at the hotel were exceptionally friendly, helpful, and patient. The breakfast is excellent, although we did have a "second breakfast" at the wonderful bakeries in the neighborhood. The hotel is situated very close to fine restaurants, outdoor cafés, and bars. It is a short walk from the Louvre, other museums (i.e. Musee d'Orsay and the Cluny Museum), and the Luxemburg Garden. The staff helped us with directions and suggestions, and even succeeded in booking a last minute tour with a reserve pass into the Eiffel Tower, although the tour's website said the tour was sold out. We would definitely recommend this hotel to a first-timer or seasoned visitor to Paris. The staff speaks perfect English and communication was never a problem.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank wscherm1
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We are most happy to read that you feel you could not have chosen a nicer hotel or better location for your first trip to Paris!

Thank you for the lovely comments about the large and comfortable room, the exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast and, not to be missed, the great location!

Merci for having recommended us for first-timers and seasoned visitors to Paris.

We hope we may welcome you back one day to the Millesime Hotel

Sydney
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here in June for 2 nights and found the hotel and the position fantastic. Rue Jacob is quintessential Paris. Our room was a good size with a view out over the rooftops, the street was quiet and only a stroll from the River, great restaurants and the Musee D'Orsay. We did not use the breakfast option as a quick walk took you to many breakfast options on the way to do our sightseeing. If you want to see this District and all it has to offer this is a perfect choice for anyone who wants a decent sized room with a good bathroom.

Room Tip: We had a front room on the 3rd floor, which was great and had a great Parisian rooftop view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We would all like to thank you for having recommended the Millesime hotel as a perfect choice in St Germain des Pres, with a decent sized room and good bathroom.

We are pleased that you liked your rooftop view, the quiet street and being close to many nice restaurants, the Seine river and the Orsay Museum.

We will be happy to welcome you back on your next Paris trip

Best regards

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a couple times. My rooms facing the inner courtyard were as quiet as can be. A small hotel with only a few rooms per floor, it feels very intimate. The reception people are terrific. I especially appreciated the retractable clothesline over the bathtub—a true godsend for any traveler (and a nice contrast to some other hotels that post in their rules that you cannot do laundry in your room. I mean, really?!). The breakfast room in the basement is very nice and has a wide assortment of foods that can practically keep you going until dinnertime. My room felt just a little bit tired, and I know that prices are high in Paris and certainly in this neighborhood, but I did find myself wondering if the value matched the price. And, it seemed that sometimes I had very cold AC, and then sometimes none, and I would wake up in the middle of the night and sadly have to jump out of bed and open the window for some air. I remember having a similar problem at a prior year's visit, so I don't know if they turn off the hotel's AC in the middle of the night or what. But that said, the bed was comfortable, and I always felt totally safe here as a woman walking "home" late at night. The location is a gem, and they will happily offer you all the assistance with directions and other bookings that you may desire. There are two different subway lines/stops that are just a couple of blocks south, and many busy restaurants nearby, but Rue Jacob retains a magic and quiet that feels eternal. You can get to the hubbub of Latin quarter tourist restaurants to the east in just minutes, but you are blissfully removed from it (what a difference a block can make!). And if you are visiting the Orsay, Louvre, Notre Dame, St. Sulpice (great organ concerts on Sunday), they are all but a short walk away. If you buy too much stuff for your luggage, there's a handy post office a couple blocks down where you can find boxes to easily ship stuff home. Whether you stay at this hotel or one of the others in the neighborhood, this street is simply an amazing, convenient location with a very exclusive feeling. Love it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank SketchMemories
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for this great review about the Millesime hotel and for having shared opinion and advice about hotel and surroundings.

We are glad that you love the Millesime Hotel for its intimacy, quietness, breakfast and terrific reception staff, as well as the wonderful area…

We did of course also take note of your comment about the rates.
Prices can indeed get very high in Paris during busy periods; though, we would like to ensure you that the Millesime Hotel remains good value, particularly taking into account services and room size in the heart of St Germain des Pres.
Do not hesitate to check on our websites the promotional offers we propose during mid and low season.

With regards to your comment about the air conditioning, we do not turn it off during night and are therefore a little bit surprised to read your experience.
Kindly come back to us to indicate your room number, in order to allow us to control correct functioning of the system.

We hope we may welcome you back soon

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel is small and on a very narrow quiet side street, but just walk one block and there are numerous restaurants and small boutiques. It is an easy walk to cross the bridge to Notre Dame and about 6 blocks to Musee d'Orsay. A bargain for the price. I felt like I was getting the true Paris and not the huge upscale hotels that shout tourist. I would definitely stay here again. The rooms are small, but comfortable.

Room Tip: We had the main level room open to the courtyard. It was small but very convenient. I was worried...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Madam,

Thank you for having shared such a nice review on tripadvisor.

It is pleasure to read that you enjoyed the area so much and that you felt the hotel was a bargain for the price!

St-Germain-des-Prés is indeed a wonderful district, right in the heart of Paris and in walking distance to many major spots.
The Millesime Hotel does not only have the advantage of being close to everything, but the peacefulness of rue Jacob is definitely a plus in such central area…

We look forward to welcoming you back

Durham NC (USA)
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed five nights here and had a very pleasant experience all around. Our superior room, though not large, was ample for two of us and our luggage, and the bathroom nicely equipped. Breakfast was more than adequate, though I can't say I thought the bread and croissants served matched the quality one would find in a better Parisian bakery. The staff was very friendly, and seemed eager to help out with various questions. We did learn during our stay that there are some things one ought not to expect from a 3-star hotel in Paris, and apparently one of these includes taking and delivering phone messages. I did like this hotel better than several others I stayed in on the rue Jacob in years past. I love the location, and the Millesime is a very good choice, with its courtyard garden.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
millesime, Gérant at Millesime Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Millesime Hotel.

We are all glad that you had a pleasant experience all around, thus including the equipment of your room, quality of breakfast and friendliness of the staff.

Thank you for having indicated the Millesime Hotel as a good choice!

With regards to your comment about having learnt that one ought not expect some things from a three star hotel in Paris, such as taking and delivering phone messages, I would like to clarify, as I already did in my reply to your mother’s review.
Our hotel does take phone message and, as any other message, parcel etc., generally hands them over at the front desk.

Do not hesitate to let us know any special needs upon a future trip; we always do our best to take them into account!

I hope we may welcome you back to the Millesime Hotel on a future trip to Paris

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel is a precious gem in Paris. The staff is warm, welcoming and extremely accommodating especially Inga and Giada. It felt more like a "bed and breakfast" type atmosphere rather than a hotel. My room stepped out into the courtyard and was perfect for me (although the trash collection in the morning was a little loud). My bathroom was large and came with lovely toiletries. I can't say enough good things about this lovely hotel.

The location is in a superb location, an easy walk to the Seine and the Musee d'Orsay and the Louvre, as well as right next to chic Saint Germain des Pres for a coffee at Cafe de Flore or Les Deux Magots. The hotel is also located by so many terrific restaurants/cafe's in the surrounding area. Usually in Paris over a weekend it is hard to find a good restaurant on Sundays, some favorites for a Sunday within a few blocks include Avant le Comptoir, Semilla, Fish a la Boissonnerie.

I come to Paris 1-2 times a year and used to stay in arrondissment 1 or 2. I have graduated across the river to the 6th arrondissment and I feel like I have finally found the one I will be back to stay at from this point forward, the Millesime Hotel! I have already booked my return for Thanksgiving weekend this November, securing the same room (although for some reason this time the room does not include breakfast)? I have also already recommended this place to friends. Thank you Millesime for making my stay wonderful!!!! I look forward to a long future at your hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank vwconvdc1195
millesime, Gérant at Millesime Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your warm comments about the Millesime Hotel and we are really pleased that you have already booked your next stay.

It is a pleasure to all of us that you enjoyed the intimate atmosphere of our small 21-room hotel, as well as the service of the staff. We enjoy being available for our customers!

Let us know if there is anything we can do upfront for your next trip. We will be happy to assist

Inga