“Big Rooms, Some With Showers”
Review of Select Hotel

Select Hotel
Ranked #315 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Austin, Texas
“Big Rooms, Some With Showers”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The Select Hotel is modern and clean. The location is good. You're a seven minute walk to the restaurants and bars on the left bank.

Water pressure is great, water is hot all the time, mattresses were comfortable and there were 4 good pillows. Like most anywhere you stay in Paris there will be street noise heard, especially early in the morning.

I booked rooms 26 and 23. 26 has a great shower while 23 had only a tub. If a shower is important to you be sure to ask for it when you make your reservation.

The internet was free and not worth the cost. Download speeds are about 15k, uploads even slower. I could not send an email even without attachments. The money I saved on the room was spent many times over with AT&T for international roaming.

There is a bar but no bar tender. It has 4 barstools but there was never anyone in any of them. The restaurant next door is convenient and good. There are two in this little plaza.

I would stay here again but would buy a prepaid SIM card for my phone and ask for room 26.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank rcullet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Turkish first
Prague
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was our 6th visit of Paris and this hotel was absolutely the best one. It has perfect location close to Luxemburg gardens (we are joggers and it is 2 mins to arrive there), it is on the RER line from the CHG airport, many possibilities to eat and to walk to famous destinations etc.

The rooms are comfortable with enough space, fine staff, helpful. Modern and clean hotel.

I can´t review breakfast because we always eat out of the hotels.

Absolutely recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the Sorbona place view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Qawesome
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel was in a fantastic location and the rooms were clean and quaint. The staff was very friendly and helpful with dining selections. We'd love to visit this spectacular hotel when we're back in Paris!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rotherham
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Like many others on a first trip to Paris, I seemed to spend an age looking for the right hotel in a good area of the city - well I was not disappointed in my eventual choice.
The hotel is in a great location on a nice Parisian square with several cafes, and adjacent to the Sorbonne. It's an easy ride on the train from Charles de Gaulle airport if you take the B line direct to the Luxembourg stop. From here, it is just a five minute walk north on Blvd St Michel and you arrive at your modern and clean hotel.
Our room was a little small, but better than I expected with plenty of room around the bed, okay we only had a view of the rear courtyard, but it was quiet and given the amount of time we spent there, caused us no problem.
It is a further five minutes walk before you reach the nearest metro station and the lively areas of the Latin Quartier and St Germain are close by, whilst the Seine and Notre Dame are only a few minutes further.
Other notable sights nearby are the lovely Luxembourg gardens (2-3 minutes) and the Pantheon (3-5 minutes).
We had breakfast included in our deal, and whilst it was nothing amazing, the food was fresh and the dining area was clean, efficient and pleasant, whilst the hotel staff were friendly and helpful.
If I were to return to this great city, I would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 80. It did not have a view as such, but it was very quiet and a reasonable...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Excellent location and trendy.
Excellent service except for my last night. As I was leaving the next day, I went to bed early and the room phone rang in the middle of the night. The front desk attendant told me a man was at the hotel for me and I had met him the day before at a bar. I was obviously confused having been woke up and didn't know what to say. Then the front desk attendant actually let the man speak to me on the phone. The man was sure I was the woman he met at a bar the day before (I was not) The front desk attendant probably rang the only room where a woman was checked in alone. I found this experience frightening and couldn't get back to sleep, wondering if this man was going to show up at my door.
Also, when getting the keys back from front desk, there should be some verification on the part of the front desk attendant.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Stanmore, Middlesex
Reviewed 5 August 2014

What a great hotel. Ideally situated in a lovely square by the university and within walking distance of Notre Dorm with plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from. The rooms are a little on the smallish size but more than adequate and extremely comfortable without feeling squashed! We had no issues with it at all, it was also spotless and extremely clean! Would stay again and would recommend without any hesitation

Room Tip: We spent ages looking for this hotel as we had it down as Rive Gauche Hotel were it is in fact Selec...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

What can I say – lovely hotel in an idyllic Parisian setting in Place de La Sorbonne next to Sorbonne University.

We stayed at the Select Hotel Rive Gauche for three nights in August 2014. There were three of us so we booked a junior suite (room 32). The room was way bigger than we thought it would be (three ladies had plenty of space for clothes, make up & shoes!) and the décor was lovely - it perfectly married clean modern with traditional Parisian style. It’s exceptionally clean in all areas.

We had everything we needed from the lovely toiletries to nice fluffy robes and slippers. The junior suite was a sitting room with a single bed (day bed/sofa when not in use as a bed) – this room also had a dressing table and a separate built in tv with a music system. The main bedroom had a superking bed with a dressing table area and a large flat screen tv. The ensuite had a bath, a separate large walk in rain shower and a sink. The toilet is located in its own separate room away from the main bathroom (which is handy when three people are sharing). There was also a small walk in wardrobe room.

Everyone we came in contact at the hotel very friendly and went out of their way to help us. In particular Marie- Hélène when we were checking out ordered us a taxi and came outside to make sure we got away safely. Thank you Marie-Hélène for your great service.

It’s a short walk to Notre Dame (about 10 minutes’) where you can catch the hop on hop off bus to all the sights in Paris and the Vedettes du Pont Neuf river boat. Even though it is so close to the main sights the hotel is in a very quiet & peaceful location.

We did not eat at the hotel for breakfast but we did eat every morning and night at the neighbouring restaurants. There are four restaurants adjacent to the hotel so it’s very handy.

Paris is such a fabulous city and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Select Hotel Rive Gauche. Hopefully I will have an opportunity to stay again soon. I have already recommended Select Hotel Rive Gauche to my friends and family who are planning on trips to Paris in the coming months.

It is refreshing to find everything you are looking for in a hotel under one roof - modern but with the best traditional features, friendly helpful staff, exceptionally clean, peaceful and in a fantastic location. Keep up the good work Select Hotel Rive Gauche.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor - room 32 which is a junior suite. More space than we could have imagined f...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends