“Excellent Location, Very Central”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Welcome Hotel

Welcome Hotel
Ranked #667 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Lismore NSW Australia
“Excellent Location, Very Central”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

+ Great central location
+ Rooms very compact but very clean and you don't spend a lot of time in the room
+ Day staff very helpful and friendly
+ Close to supermarket, restaurants, cafes and bus and metro stops
- Can be a bit noisy at night due to proximity to restaurants (nothing to terrible)
-Night staff (on day of our arrival) not as welcoming/helpful as day staff

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Oporto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

Threre is the second time I stay at this hotel. It's a kind of a family staff, very friendly, you can use microwave and frigobar at the kitchen.. there is a supermarket on the other side of the street, great restaurants around... it's the Quartier Latin... I'll be back!!!!»

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank saxofone
South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

I have been staying at the Welcome twice a year since 1991. The rooms have recently been redecorated and are very nice. They are small, but so are most rooms in Paris, particularly the two- and three-star ones. If one wants large rooms, I think one must look for five-star hotels. The Welcome is well run by Eric and Koert. The entire staff is wonderful, and I appreciate the fact that they remember me. The street is very busy, but I like the activity and the noise. Others may not. Because the streets are busy most of the night, I feel quite comfortable walking alone at any time. Great patisseries (Gérard Mulot), restaurants, sidewalk cafés, and nice stores abound. I will be back.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank BootsN
Brasilia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

We don´t think so. Yes, perfect location. But it is all. Very tiny room, terrible bathroom. We do not recommended it. Run!

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2009

We stayed only one night at this hotel and that's because we had to stay at this hotel. We came to Paris at very late hours and we were looking for a hotel to stay on St Germain boulevard. As we would only sleep at the hotel for the night, we didn't want to pay a lot of money. So we found and booked this 2 star hotel (if you ask me it should be one star) as we were very tired and the time was getting late, we did not have the luxury to search for more hotels.
There was a young receptionist guy that did not care if we took the room or not. He was not rude but he was just not like receptionist, he behaved as if someone put him there and he did not like his job that much. We booked the room for 90eur (and that's with discount) with no breakfast. Location was great but rooms are small and dirty.
ın the morning when checking out, we missed the receptionist from last night as this new one was worse. So in short, welcome hotel is not welcoming but felt like it said something like "hey, we do not need you, we make money anyway so just stay and live quietly"

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Credesi
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

Location is perfect and stuff is nice.
However for the first time in my life I have experienced ''bed bugs'' eventhough I stayed countless cheap hotels and hostels in Europe.

I woke up in the middle of the night with pain and I saw one of them on my foot.

I had to threw away all of my stuff including my luggage since I scred to bring this bed bugs to home.

Good luck

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank buskerMRT
sizyad, no connection I am just a hotel manager at Welcome Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2009
dear Madam sir

in aswer to your reveiw you have to knwo that hotel is not responisble bed bugs is not a quesiton of clean or not clean 100% it is the customer who bring that with him and the only for the hotelier to knwo that is to have a complain it happen eaven in 4 or 5 star
than next be more tolerant

regards
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

Also very nice staff, the rooms were worn albeit clean, the stairs could have used a vacuuming, the worst of it was the scaffolding covering the front of the hotel and therefore our room.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family