Hotel Central Saint Germain
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewscluny la sorbonneflat rooflatin quarterquiet streetluxembourg gardensshops restaurantsexcellent locationnear notre dameleft banksmall thingswithin walking distancegood nights sleeplovely little hotelmain attractionsgreat areashort walkbreakfast was delicious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is a basic 3 star Parisian hotel, with small rooms, simple breakfast and not so many amenities. The beds are comfortable, but I don't like the sheet and blanket instead of a duvet. The bathroom is clean and the shower great, but the towels are very worn and torn. The wifi is free and worked for me. The staff is very nice and welcoming and the location of the hotel is unbeatable. I stayed here for work and would do it again, but on a vacation I would go for a more luxurious hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JLi73
Reviewed 2 April 2014

It is a little cute hotel, very clean and confortable. The rooms are small but OK for Paris standards.
There is a elevator, which is not easy to find in many hotels around Europe.
The internet was very poor, the guy at the reception desk was very helpful and cheerful.
The location is the best you can get in Paris, very close to metro stations and really you don´t need it that much, since you can easily walk to main attractions. It is close to many nice restaurantes, cafes and crepperies which I love in Paris.

I highly recommed Hotel Central St. Germain.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights with three teenagers and wifi is essential for our brood. Unfortunately the free wifi did not work in our two rooms and we needed to go to the foyer if usage needed. Location good, rooms adequate and breakfast good. We found the hotel quiet and calm.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank family5Dubbo
centra22, Responsable réception at Hotel Central Saint Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Hello,

Thank you to find a time to give us your opinion about our hotel.

We are glad to know that in general you stayed satisfied by our service.

We extremely sorry for what happen with internet connexion in your room. The general manager was inform about it during your stay and reparation was done.

We hope that your next time in our hotel will be even better than this time.

Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Dear All

Re: Security and honesty concerns.

By means of background, I had cash in currencies for countries I was travelling to.
Before, I travelled from London. After, I travelled to New York.

Given there was no safe in the room (no. 407), I kept my cash with my travel documents in a pocket in my suitcase.

I had majority of my American cash stolen (all large notes) from my suitcase in the room.

There has been extensive communication with the hotel. In short, the hotel denied liability and refused to co-operate to reach a resolution.

As an aside, I was required to hand my room access card to Reception when I was out of the hotel. I have travelled extensively, and found this requirement odd.

I would like to let all prospective guests know of my unpleasant experience, not only relating to stolen cash but the unco-operative assistance I received. Thr hotel provided no reassurance that it would take steps to avoid the matter of stolen cash in the future.

My experience also serves as a reminder to prospective guests to be diligent with all their belongings at all times.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to let me know. Please be careful.

6  Thank SimStar D
centra22, Directeur général at Hotel Central Saint Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear SimStar D,

We are sorry for this late answer and for the misunderstanding that made you as consequence to have a bad stay in Paris.

We would like to clarify that in all our rooms there are safety boxes that are situated in the closet. You just need to ask for the key on reception desk.

As you could see from all another comments on Tripadvisor, on Booking.com, etc., the staff of the hotel is ready to help you 24h/7 in case you have some questions or some clarifications to make.

We hope that your next stay in our hotel will bring you much more positifs emotions and we hope to see you back soon !

Reviewed 5 December 2013

in agrat location many resturants and bars all around
satff was very friendly
the room was good but could been better with better blankets
the elivator is a littel scary
but overall it was great to our needs.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank meytal s

Hello,

We would like to thank you for time you took to give your opinion of our hotel.

We were glad to know that in general you stayed satisfied by our service.

Thank you for your advise for the blankets and for your message about the lift, we took a note about it and the message was transferred to our general manager.

Hope to see you back soon!