“great location”

Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris
Ranked #882 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Excellent location especially for a female travelling alone. Service is great, the concierge staff are very helpful and knowledgeable. The room, for a European hotel was a decent size with a view of the courtyard. Flat TV and Wi fi worked great. The room was clean but the sink in the bathroom, even when it was just cleaned looks dirty because it is made out of some type of stone material. It has a white ring by the drain from the minerals of the water and overall doesn't look good. Also the carpets in the hall way should be changed. I recommend the hotel if you can get it at a discounted rate.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Fantastic location in the heart of Paris, but with disappointing service.

Arrived after a long flight and unfortunately the room was not ready for check-in (at 13:00), which I suppose is acceptable given the check-in time of 15:00, but the receptionist seemed uninterested in solving this as quickly as possible. I had to remind him repeatedly that I was waiting to check in, and when I asked him for a temporary password for the internet he simply denied and said I would have to wait until given a room key. Fortunately an Indian family overheard the conversation and offered that I use their login.

The location is indisputable, but for the amount paid I would expect a higher level of customer service - even from the notoriously arrogant Parisians ;)

Room Tip: Ask for an exterior view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
fabrice m, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.
I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced on arrival.
Even if the check-in is at 15.00, we always try our best to have a room available as soon as possible, and we should have during your arrival.
Once again, I do apologies for the waiting time to get your room ready.
Kindest Regards,
Fabrice Martin

Reviewed 25 September 2013

what can I say..I had a balcony with a great view of L'Arc De Triomphe andof the top of the Eiffel Tower! Nice hotel with rooms of a good business class standard. Very polite and helpful reception staff sorted out my billing problems (a client had booked and failed to pay!). The rack rate is a bit scary at 800 Euros a night but at £200-£250 a night with the location it is worth it as a treat just for the location just off the Champs. Local eateries are costly but the delight of walking the area on a late a summers evening are worth it.

Room Tip: Some rooms are around a central courtyard..if you can, splurge and get a view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Psychopete
Reviewed 19 September 2013

When we arrived at the hotel in the cab, I was exhausted and pretty much lurched into our lovely cool room and plopped onto the bed. I'd picked this hotel from its great reviews on tripadvisor vs price so knew that we were close to the Arc de Triomphe. When my partner returned after picking up the kids (our luggage that we'd left at the other hotel) and he said "we're really close to the Arc" I scoffed and said, "yes, i know, that's why I picked it."

Imagine my embarassment when later that day, refreshed I stepped out of the hotel doors, and RIGHT THERE, almost banged my nose against the side fo the Arc.

Ok, I exaggerate, but, really, it's literally right THERE.

I'm excited still.

Back to business.

The hotel is truly lovely. A nice quiet getaway in an otherwise busy area being right off the Champs Elysee.

The room are so nicely decorated, and I got one of those supposed dreaded corner rooms. Still was plenty of room for me and my luggage. AC (of utmost importantce to me) worked a treat. Bathrooms were spacious and luxurious with every amenity under the sun..and YES! that includes face washers which everyone seems to think are sparse in europe. There is a mini that you can use as a fridge. Coffee making facilities. The revolving door of concierges are quick to offer help (ifnot always being actually helpful, but that was just because of my requests). Did nottry any of the food/bar that was there, it was summer anyway and the head chef had gone on holiday.

I was sick one evening and could not go out to eat, however my partner spoke to the concierge about my craving for tomato based pasta, and knowing how anti take away French restaurants could be, we were so grateful when he found us a restaurant who could organise some meals for us.

Which comes to point no.2. Right next to the restaurant - best italian bistro I've been to in france. See pics! Don't leave without trying the melt in your mouth mash.

Also - for the foodies, there is a mini ...i don't know what to call it, a mini mart, where there is gourmet everything, from take home meals to pastries, to a mini Pierre Herme stall for the macaron freaks to every day food supplies, and it's attached to Atelier, Joel Robuchon's restaurant.
I spent much time here. Much.
Long story not so short.
The Radisson Blu is great if you’re taking the hop on hop off’s, the stop is just around the corner on the Champs Elysee. And close to other buses and never short on Taxi’s whizzing by.
Stay here. You won’t regret it.

Room Tip: I had a corner room which might've been a little bit smaller than the others, but was fine for m...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank libertiness
Sales R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us.
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that for you. We will make sure to share your kind words with our staff. We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.
Kindest regards,
Fabrice Martin

Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife and i enjoyed our stay at the Radisson hotel, especially thanks to the staff! Sometimes it's just those little gestures that make a difference when you're staying in a hotel just for the weekend for a romantic getaway. We were celebrating our anniversary and were happy to find that the rooms were clean and quite spacious, especially in comparison with the other hotel rooms we had stayed in Paris before. Lastly the location is spot on, easy access to other toursist areas and loads of good restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is a very nice hotel in a bustling area. My room was not large but it certainly was bigger than some of the other hotel rooms I've had in Paris and Europe - you know, the kind where you can't walk around the bed! Also my room had a large hallway that was nice for storing luggage and there was a door to close the bedroom off to cut down on noise. The bathroom was nice with both tub and shower but I agree with another reviewer that the sinks are a little weird. A bottle of evian and three macarons was a very nice touch from the friendly and capable staff. This is a pricey hotel in one of the most expensive areas in Paris and I was lucky enough to stay on points. I am not use to having the door opened for me so often - thank you Radisson Blu!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Nice hotel, clean and very central, staff very attentive to needs. Paris is beautiful and it is amazing to be on the Champs Elysees at night, I did not enjoy too much the Lido, the show was a bit too late for me after a full day of shopping, but you have to go to the Eiffel Tower

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau
Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulog...
#3 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Hotel Balzac
Hotel Balzac
#656 of 1,803 in Paris
Hotel Marignan Champs-Elysees

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris? Share your experiences!