“Overall a decent stay, but not anything special”

Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris
Ranked #842 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
United States
“Overall a decent stay, but not anything special”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Overall I enjoyed my stay here. The room was clean, but there was nothing special. We though it was a little pricy for what we got (maybe it was because of location - the most expensive location in Paris). Upon arrival we were grant a room with balcony because I made a request of that and there was also some welcoming gift brought up to us). The location is excellent, near the arch de triomphe - only a few minutes walk. It was also very near this store (forgot the name) that sells Piere Herme's macaroons. Overall my husband and I had a comfortable stay, but I didn't recall anything special or extraordinary about it except that we enjoyed having "French" lunch in the room (baguettes, cheese and fruits) and overlooking the street from our balcony.

Room Tip: Balcony facing the street
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CloverIsSweet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Doha
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Excellent location for the Champs Elysees. The rooms are adequate by Paris standards, kept clean as well as the bathrooms. Will come back. The breakfast area is very pleasant and food is more than adequate. I wish the bar would stay open longer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank letoss
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel had good ambiance. Nice friendly staff. Good English breakfast. WIFI had no problems. Location is convenient to luxury, but a bit boring for real shops. Luckily we found some on the last night not too far away off another street Avenue de Wagram and a farmer's market nearby. The bathroom is beautiful. I enjoyed the Radisson Blu and would probably try another one of their hotels the next time to experience a different neighborhood also.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank plezzka L
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The staff and location make this hotel an wonderful place to stay. Although it’s a member of a chain of hotels (Club Carlson) it has a nice boutique feel to it. The front desk was very busy with checkout/check in’s. As I waited I noticed each guest was treated as if no one else was around, each received personal service. My experience was the same, Nejmeddine made every effort to make me feel welcome from the moment of acknowledgment. Interacting with him and the manager Tomasz was a delight. They both laughed as I struggled with my French yet their English was quite good making it easy for me to communicate with them. They were happy to make suggestions of what to see close by and how to get there. I was delighted with my room on the 7th floor. It was small but very clean and had a balcony with an inspiring view of the Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower, especially beautiful at night. I was happy with the Keurig-like coffee maker for expresso and/or coffee American, the room also had a water kettle for tea or instants as this helped me save a little as the restaurant was pricey which is expected due the location. I received bottled water and macaroons as Club Carlson elite. Will I stay here again? Without a doubt!

Room Tip: Room with balcony street side has view of landmarks.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
FPOMartin, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear CuK2o,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for those nice comments.

I do hope we shall have the opportunity of welcoming you back when you are in Paris.

With best wishes,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was truly impressed by the staff at this hotel. I have traveled extensively for business/leisure. This team is superb in every respect. They were very attentive to the requests related to my group and definitely went over the call of duty to accommodate us.
While the rooms would deserver a little bit of TLC, the location is perfect to explore the city, especially if it is your first time in Paris.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
FPOMartin, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Lucie A,

Thank you for being such a fine Ambassador with your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us.
For those of us passionate about our hospitality business, it is the finest compliment we could ever receive that you truly found our staff impressive. On behalf of all of us, we thank you for sharing.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 24 March 2014

It's great to be near Etoile and the Radisson Blu is a small and potentially god buy if they were to improve the furniture in the rooms. It is outdated and uncomfortable. Still, the staff is attentive and the concierge services excellent. Room,s facing the back are likely to have garbage trucks waking you up early, but this saves the wake-up call. The breakfast area is charming and the breakfast nice if expensive. The bathrooms have been redone and are fine, but the interiors need a make-over. For E300, you can do much better!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Danny L,

I could see from your comments on TripAdvisor that your recent stay with us was not at all up to expectations.

We would like to apologise for the inconvenience you encountered, be sure that we are all keen on learning from your review.

Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very well positioned small hotel, good staff, surprisingly good cuisine. But hotel would require at least some polishing if not a refurbishment. Or much better maintenance. Small numerous things spoil your overall experience. Still, it is a good choice if you do not care much about your travel budget. The food in the hotel restaurant was surprisingly good, particularly desserts were much better than we expected.

Room Tip: Rooms heading to Av. Marceau are rather noisy, ask for a room on the other side (these rooms are als...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Hotel Vernet
Hotel Vernet
#304 of 1,801 in Paris
InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau
Hotel Napoleon Paris
Hotel Napoleon Paris
#97 of 1,801 in Paris
Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulog...
#3 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Maison Albar Hotel Paris Champs-Elysees
Amarante Champs-Elysees
Amarante Champs-Elysees
#1,279 of 1,801 in Paris

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris? Share your experiences!